PDA

View Full Version : Which racquet?

smiley74
01-07-2008, 07:10 AM
I am looking for a racquet that has:

- the weight/arm friendliness, quick/light head speed and ability to generate massive spin of the Prince 03 Speedport Black

- the control and ability to place serves of the Becker 11 (control is a big factor)

-the net play of the Head Microgel Radical

But, all in one racquet. I demoed all; bought the Prince; and found I like different things in each one. :evil:

I need it soon so any suggestions?? Thanks.....

grass_hopper
01-07-2008, 07:27 AM
try the New speed port PRO white.

meowmix
01-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Most people here will STRONLY disagree with me, but I love the Gamma Ipex 7.0.

The spin is something everybody agrees on- absolutely wicked.

On serves, I'm hitting the best serves of my life. I am getting insane amounts of power, placement and control that I have not gotton with any other racket.

At net, it's okay. Doesn't really excell, but it's not bad either. The low swingweight makes sure that you can get to the ball on those reaction volleys.

Downside for me- bit too light in stock form. Added two overgrips and a dampener and the weight is now about 12 ounces.

A lot of other people think that the racket is too flexy. For me, it's fine. Also, people think that the racket's too jarring, but even when it's strung @ 63 lbs with Wilson Stamina, I don't think it's any more jarring than a k6-1 95.

stav_babolat
01-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Babolat pure storm. Preferably that one or the pure storm tour , either one. Demo it if you can, check out the playtests
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/TRIPB01.html

good review seems good for serve, spin, power , control and volleys.