PDA

View Full Version : Ive decided to buy a pure storm

stav_babolat
01-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Im about to order a pure storm but must wait a week for delivery, will it be ia good choice?? Does anybody want to drop any comments about it? performance wise, and arm friendly wise?

cheers, i cant wait.
Seems like a great racket

Spatula
01-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Every racquet treats each user differently. Did you demo it? Does it compliment your game? Does it appeal to your strengths? If it does, and you like it, then it was a good buy.

If you didn't demo it, and simply bought it b/c of user comments then chances are it was a bad move. Only you can tell if it was the right racquet for you.

Good Luck, and I hope it was a good choice.

stav_babolat
01-07-2008, 08:40 AM
i could test it, but my grip size is higher than 5, so i cant ask them to add 2 extra grips over the top, andthen demo it? can i??

Tchocky
01-07-2008, 08:48 AM
i could test it, but my grip size is higher than 5, so i cant ask them to add 2 extra grips over the top, andthen demo it? can i??

Grip size is bigger than 5? How tall are you? Do you just have big hands? You could demo a 4 5/8 and put 2 or 3 overgrips on it.

RoddickistheMan
01-07-2008, 08:49 AM
demo first. That racquet actaully gave me temporary tennis elbow despite its high flex.

stav_babolat
01-07-2008, 08:51 AM
HAH, im 15 years old, im 6 foot 3, and my hands require grip size 5, plus another grip, plus an overgrip. Ive contacted my local shop and ill se if i can demo, i want the old version though, so if i cant demo it, ill just buy it still , im not fussed.

stav_babolat
01-07-2008, 08:53 AM
My hands are super massive, haha, so its size 5 shaft+ babolat woofer grip + yonex replacement grip + babolat syntec over grip.
My coach says im a giant, and my racket grip is like a sledgehammer, nobody can hold my rcket at my club porperly. My coach can fit 2- 3 fingers inbetween the grip ( his fingers and his thumb.

Spatula
01-07-2008, 09:02 AM
demo and add the grips/overgrips yourself It's a lot cheaper than buying a racquet only to find out it was the wrong one.

Either way, good luck

stav_babolat
01-07-2008, 10:00 AM
ok thanks, will do.

Shangri La
01-07-2008, 10:15 AM
HAH, im 15 years old, im 6 foot 3, and my hands require grip size 5, plus another grip, plus an overgrip. Ive contacted my local shop and ill se if i can demo, i want the old version though, so if i cant demo it, ill just buy it still , im not fussed.

have you considered playing basketball? =)

stav_babolat
01-07-2008, 10:35 AM
are you serious??? , im not brilliant, im ok at it.

bertrevert
01-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Should be able to get the old one at a good price. Sounds like a good fit - given your size and athleticism you'd be wanting more control than power, so yes the PS has got control. Still, its 16 mains mean a bit of kaboom.

You want the old one. I've got the new one and it's a nice blend of control and kaboom. What were you using before? If you don't demo hopefuly this frame is still within specs you are familiar with...

Alafter
01-07-2008, 07:20 PM
You're getting elbow pain at the age of 15. Any explaination for that?

tzinc
01-07-2008, 08:52 PM
It's a nice racquet. So is the Aeropro Drive with Cortex.

DY3K1D
01-07-2008, 08:55 PM
havnt heard much about it but i was thinking about possibly demoing it. although a love my pdr

stav_babolat
01-08-2008, 12:51 AM
ye i know, i get it after playing for hours. I have a pretty stiff frame at da mo. A bab. drive Z . Id like da pure tho, looks good.

P8ntballa
01-08-2008, 02:21 AM
The pure control and pure storm series are by far the best babolat frames out there, you should be very happy with them!!

Jack Romeo
01-08-2008, 02:24 AM
i currently use the old pure storm. at first, i strung it with an entry-level toalson nylon at 55lbs. groundstrokes were good, topspin was good but slice was bad. serves were ok too but volleys were really bad. it was suggested that i try to use a poly so i switched to a babolat pro hurricane 17, still at 55lbs. the difference was night and day and now i could really appreciate the quality of the racket. the feel was improved on all shots and spin production went up noticeably. i think the woofer system really works well with poly strings. serves and especially, slices and volleys were greatly improved. the weight, balance and flex level are just about right for me and the stringbed is quite forgiving and spin friendly, especially for topspin. the sweetspot seems large for a 98 headsize, is centered and predictable and feels quite plush. off center hits expectedly produce less power and have a different feel but are still controllable and the racket remains stable. i don't experience any arm/elbow/shoulder trouble with it. i'm planning to buy another one this month.

Mister G
01-08-2008, 02:55 AM
No more rhyming, I mean it!!

Anybody want a peanut?

bertrevert
01-08-2008, 02:14 PM
i currently use the old pure storm. <snip> it was suggested that i try to use a poly so i switched <...> difference was night and day and now i could really appreciate the quality of the racket. the feel was improved on all shots and spin production went up noticeably. i think the woofer system really works well with poly strings. serves and especially, slices and volleys were greatly improved.

Yes, the fact that Babolat racquets have come out of nowhere in just a few years seems to somewhat coincide in stringing up the woofer system with poly. Wasn't it the big forehand of Moya that turned many heads? I.e. everyone wondered if his equipment wasn't half helping him hit like that.

Stringing low,a s you do with poly, also helps the woofer system per se in that you get a better power boost out of the system. So the two go together real well.

I must say the new Storm (non-Tour) is a stiffer beast than I am used to and I wonder whether they will add Cortex to it or not one day?

stav_babolat
01-09-2008, 09:03 AM
im gona demo it, but the shop have the small grip size for me.

In D Zone
01-09-2008, 10:14 AM
My hands are super massive, haha, so its size 5 shaft+ babolat woofer grip + yonex replacement grip + babolat syntec over grip.
My coach says im a giant, and my racket grip is like a sledgehammer, nobody can hold my rcket at my club porperly. My coach can fit 2- 3 fingers inbetween the grip ( his fingers and his thumb.

Instead of B-ball , those hands should be great for football widereceivers. You can catch those passes easily and not drop the football with those massive hands. Not too late to make a career move into football (American football).

stav_babolat
01-09-2008, 01:59 PM
thats ok, im english, so i dont like american football, its a girls version of rugby, helmets and pads indeed!