PDA

View Full Version : What's the best replacement for Wilson nBlade 98?

The Jedi
01-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Due to discontinue of the nBlade 98, I am finding myself in the market for a similar racquet.
I read all about the kBlade but it seems like Wilson is making it a little stiffer. I need a flexible Racquet (tennis elbow issues), and the nBlade was just fine for me.

Here's what I would like to have:
1. A flexible racquet (around 60 stiffness).
2. MP Head around 98-100 sq in.
3. A little heavier than the nBlade (around 12 oz.)
4. Great control (I will provide the power).

I read alot about the "Head Flexgrip Radical Tour", and it looks promising. I also like the fact that it is discontinued (only 109.95 on TW), since I will probably buy 4 - 5 racquets (my son also likes to play with the same racquet I play with).

I always played with Wilson, but I may have to switch mfg. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

P8ntballa
01-07-2008, 05:25 PM
The Kblade is worth taking a look at also the mg prestiege mp is a very nice hit!

Mastermind
01-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah, the Microgel Prestige Pro sounds like it would be a fit to your criteria. 12.1 oz, 63 flex, 98 sq. in. head. If I recall (which I might not) the nBlade had a 62 flex, which isn't a huge difference at all from the MG Prestige Pro.

The Jedi
01-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Considering that I will probably buy 4 - 5 racquets, Is the Flexpoint Radical Tour going to do the same job as the Microgel Prestige?

The FP Rad. Tour is $110, vs the MG Prestige at $200 each.

Mastermind
01-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah it will, the extra flex will be good for you tennis elbow as well.

racquet_jedi
01-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Try the K-Blade 98 and/or the K-Blade Tour anyway, numbers can't solely determine whether you'll like something or not, e.g., dating sites, lotto tickets, movies, and racquets too...

latinking
01-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah, the Microgel Prestige Pro sounds like it would be a fit to your criteria. 12.1 oz, 63 flex, 98 sq. in. head. If I recall (which I might not) the nBlade had a 62 flex, which isn't a huge difference at all from the MG Prestige Pro.

Actually the N Blade flex is 58.

fuzz nation
01-08-2008, 09:42 AM
The nBlade is a flexible racquet with a somewhat firm hoop, so I think that gives it a crisper feel while its power remains moderate. The Flexpoint Radical Tour is also flexible and it can certainly shred from the baseline, but I was at a disadvantage with it up at net and when serving. The pop wasn't there for me in those shots and I believe it was due to the extra flex in the head of that one.

The Fischer M-Speed Pro 98 SL is also soft, yet its hoop has a wide beam for firmness and I'm pretty sure it's just a little heavier than the nBlade. You might want to look at the current Fischers if you don't come across the M-Speed. The new Donnay Pro One from TW has won me over in part because of the outstanding control I have with it from the baseline with my harder shots. It's also nicely flexible and I'm comfortable with it serving or volleying - I suspect that the hoop isn't too soft despite the narrow beam.

MrAWD
01-08-2008, 10:39 AM
I would be careful with the FXP Radical Tour since a lot of people (me included) in here have health problems with that frame. I would do a search in here and see what people had to say about that racquet.

From my end, I would get my self a chance to test drive several new frames that are just about to come up (available for demoing though) and then make your mind about what you want to do.

One racquet that fits your specs right on the money and has unmatched health advantages is Redondo MP with the price in between the FXP and new stuff. I would heavily recommend it!!

Good luck!

Fedja

mileslong
01-08-2008, 10:59 AM
fischer mspeed 98" SL
prokennex redondo 98"
babolat pure storm tour
prince O3 tour 98"

Ferrari1190
01-08-2008, 11:09 AM
i would guess the k blade 98