PDA

View Full Version : Speedport White vs. O3 white

J-lob
01-07-2008, 07:18 PM
the two are almost the same spec. i just bought an O3 white middle of last month and i wished i had waited..... has anyone gotten a demo of the new speedport white and how must does it differ from the O3 white?

Alafter
01-07-2008, 07:22 PM
the two are almost the same spec. i just bought an O3 white middle of last month and i wished i had waited..... has anyone gotten a demo of the new speedport white and how must does it differ from the O3 white?

Pure psychological torture.

Poor you.

Hey look on the bright side, they probably arent the same racquet. That's how I feel about my Nblades and the Kblades.

SFrazeur
01-07-2008, 07:36 PM

A new white does not change how good your current one is. It is still just as good as it was last month. All the reasons you loved it are still there. You will not play any less because their is a new white. Nothing need change for you.

-SF

bluetrain4
01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Isn't the biggest difference the string pattern?

noobplayer
01-07-2008, 09:04 PM
no only the speedport white pro is 18x20, regular is still 16x18

Automatix
01-08-2008, 12:09 AM
The White Pro has a 18x19 string pattern...

atomicx
01-08-2008, 06:21 AM

Why would you wish that you waited? If you were satisfied with what the O3 White brought to your game when you bought it than this should be a non-issue.

I bought an O3 Tour and when I decided to buy a backup frame I demoed the Speedport Tour out of curiosity to see how it compared to the O3 Tour. The racquets played and felt very differently. Needless to say, I passed on the Speedport Tour and bought a second O3 Tour.

While I haven't played with the O3 White models, I would bet that the same holds true for them, and that they each have very distinct playing characteristics. Chances are that the Speedport White plays nothing like your O3 White, so don't worry yourself over it. Just because the racquets may share the same name, don't be fooled into believing they are the same racquet. It's all marketing. However, if the thought of it continues to eat at and deteriorate your mental well-being, demo the Speedport White and put your mind at ease. :)

grass_hopper
01-08-2008, 09:47 AM
the new white is more head heavy and hits a bigger serve and ground stroke, however it has a bigger swing weight than O3. I like the new one better.