PDA

View Full Version : Watch this space: Head Microgel Prestige mis, & mid +

VikingSamurai
01-08-2008, 02:45 AM
Typo on the title:

Anyway....Ok guys, as you know, I don't have a demo system near where I am, so I have to resort to buying frames and then getting rid of them if not suited.. Or they sit in the spare room just looking at me when I go in..

So this is what I am thinking.. I have pre-ordered both the Microgel Prestige mid and mid+. I currently use the LM Prestige mid, but am looking forward to getting my hands on the MG mid.. But something in me told me to get the mid + and give it a try and not give it a miss because I am allergic to head sizes over 90 inches..

So I am wondering who else will be pr-ordering the new MG Prestige and mid + frames on a whim? Because if I decide to go with one, then I will definately be looking for another, and will want to find a new home for the other..

And so if that is the case, and you don't want to loose out (cash wise) on a racquet that you have to get rid of and is still relatively new, then maybe a swap system could be arranged and we could swap and help each other out?

Everytime I get a new frame, I always cover the thing in head tape so I can re-sell it or swap it off in mint condition.. I will be doing the same when I recieve these frames at the end of the month..

I am also trying to get my hands on an MG Radical mid + as well for a bit of giggle, so anyone that is into the new Radical may be up for a swap also..

VikingSamurai
01-08-2008, 03:02 AM
I just saw the new VLOG #51, and Chris was showing the new Prestiges.. Is it just me, or does the head size on the mid look larger than the older generation.. I look at my LM mid, and it seems small, but when Chris was holding up the mid, I was trying to compare it to his head, and it just seems a little bigger and rounder? Maybe it is just me..

0d1n
01-08-2008, 03:28 AM
It's YOU mate ;)

tarie
01-08-2008, 04:21 AM
Why the mid+ and not the Pro?

thejuice
01-08-2008, 05:23 AM
I just saw the new VLOG #51, and Chris was showing the new Prestiges.. Is it just me, or does the head size on the mid look larger than the older generation.. I look at my LM mid, and it seems small, but when Chris was holding up the mid, I was trying to compare it to his head, and it just seems a little bigger and rounder? Maybe it is just me..

The head shapes do look bigger on pictures but in person, the MP and Pro looks the same siza as the previous MP models. I didn't get to see the Mid.

timeisonmyside
01-08-2008, 09:14 AM

I had an MG mid demo and compared it to my FXP mid. It's exactly the same size.

Shangri La
01-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Why the mid+ and not the Pro?

i think that would be too drastic of a change for someone currently using a mid 18x20

VikingSamurai
01-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks guys.. The thing is, I don't mind shelling out the money for both frames, but I just don't want the hassle later on if I want to stick one and not the other.. the whole idea of this exercise was to find people that are in a similar situation and hopefully help each other out..

TnTBigman
01-08-2008, 01:06 PM
well, try not to scratch them during your practise sessions incase you end up not liking them thus having to selling them. I'll be watching the "For Sale/ Trade" section very carefully. :D

VikingSamurai
01-08-2008, 02:56 PM
well, try not to scratch them during your practise sessions incase you end up not liking them thus having to selling them. I'll be watching the "For Sale/ Trade" section very carefully. :D

Mate, when ever I get a frame that I buy and havn't demoed, I tape that bad boy up like Fort Knox, because I know that at some stage I may have to let it go.. Even my personal frames that I use are mint, as I try my best to keep them in good condition..

The whole deal with the for sale section is, that regardless if the racquet is in mint condition, then unless you put a lower condition value on the frame, the mods won't post it, and therefor you don't get the true value back for it....

For me, if I buy a frame off someone that has used it for a set or so to test and doesn't want it, then to me, it is basically a new frame and should be suggested as such. If they are honest and have really looked after it, then I don't mind paying for what is basically a new (newish) frame.

But the fact that we can't post 10/10 for what is essentially a brand new frame, then I really don't want to put it on the boards and have some kid email me and say they will give me half its value or can I reduce the (price).. Infact, I simply don't want to sell it period, rather swap it with someone that has what I want, and then let them have the one they need in exchange..

And so that is why I decided to post this in that I am sure alot of people will be buying the new Prestiges at a whim like the K-90 last year, and rather than have the hassle of losing money on it, just swapping with the one they like.. TW still sells the racquets, we are just distributing them correctly to the people that wanted one thing, and got the other and want to change..