PDA

View Full Version : N90 vs. K90 vs. RDS001

CAM178
01-08-2008, 05:12 AM
Anybody have experience playing with all 3? I'm thinking of just going ahead and pulling the trigger and getting the K, but I wanted to see what everyone thinks of these 3 frames.

stician
01-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Anybody have experience playing with all 3? I'm thinking of just going ahead and pulling the trigger and getting the K, but I wanted to see what everyone thinks of these 3 frames.

Have you played with ProStaff Original 85? I used to play with those and went onto the K90 recently. It's a good hit. Not the same 1 for 1 as the PS85 but works well with Pacific Tough Gut 17 strung at 55lbs in its own right. The string pattern is more open than the PS85 so I was able to hit heavier balls. I love cracking a 1HBH down the line running passing shot with the K90. Solid and smooth.

CAM178
01-08-2008, 10:54 AM
^^I've played Wilson exclusively for 25 yrs. The PS 85 was my second Wilson racquet. I then had: PS 4.5, PSC 6.1, Surge, Surge X, nSurge, nPro, PSC 6.1 again, and now the n6.1. From all that I am reading, the K90 is the way to go, but I want to hear from others. I also read on here the other day that Wilson might be discontinuing the K90, thusly my interest in the RDS. Wilson better not discontinue it without a direct replacement in line.

In D Zone
01-08-2008, 01:12 PM
N90 and RDS001 - both are mid size heads but each racquet is totally different in terms of swingweight and feel.

I recently purchased a N90 - notice the grip size is much bigger (I think that's true for all Wilson) compared to the RDS001. I had a hard time playing with the N90 - I found the leather grip too slippery and with overgrip made the grip felt larger; I am planning to replaced the leather grip with Head hydrosorb.

N90 has heavier swingweight - I am surprised considering the swing weight is a tad higher than RDS001 mid. N90 has smaller sweet spot and less forgiving. The RDS001 mid offers more larger sweet spot; however, when you find the N90 sweetspot you can assure you'll be rewarded with power. I enjoy playing 1hbh with 1hbh - I noticed my swing is much more relax and can swing thru the 1hbh with more power and control; stroke after stroke.

RDS001 is much player friendly. I moved from playing Dunlop MFil200 / Fischer Extreme Pro FT to RDS001 mid - - I don't recall having to learn playing this racquet.

I have been playing with mostly Yonex and with the RDS001 mid recently. I know I do need to get adjusted to the N90 (after I change the grip); but since I've been playing alot of matches I've decided to park the N90 till spring.

drakulie
01-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Cam, since you have experience with the Pro Staff line, I would definitely recommend the K90 of the 3.

At contact, it is extremely close in feel to the 85. It is the closest feeling frame to a PS85 I have come across. As an added bonus it has a bit more pop off the ground and more spin. It is also very solid to volley with.

I'm not going to even mention the N90, as I absolutely hated that piece of crap. LOL

As for the RDS, I found it to have a very comfortable swing weight, very solid frame at contact, and easy to weild. Nice pop and control off the ground, and volleys were solid.

Good luck!

CAM178
01-08-2008, 07:55 PM
drak. . . LOL. . .how do you really feel about the N90? :)

I am really leaning towards the K90, as I have heard so many good things about it. It's funny: I was thinking the other day that I played my best tennis when I was younger with an 85 or 90 racquet, and then switched to 95 or 100. It never dawned on me as to head size. But I think I'm going to go back to the 90. Based on everything that I have read, that K will suit my game perfectly. But that RDS sounds really good, too.

Damn. . . now it's down to the K90 and the RDS001.

Thanks to the posters here for the help so far . :)

Noveson
01-08-2008, 08:07 PM
I think Drak had a pretty accurate representation there. No demoing for you? I'm pretty sure you would think you made the right decision no matter which one you took;)