PDA

View Full Version : 2 identical F/Point prestige but different weight

pauliecarzz
01-08-2008, 07:12 AM
I have 2 flexpoint mid-plus prestige, same grip size... here is what is driving me crazy, 1 stick is heavier then the other..hold on it gets worse,,the one that feels heavier has less lead tape on it and the grip feels so slightly smaller. the heavier frame is strung with head intellistring and the lighter one has signum-pro and some cheap Multifilament. Im almost a 100% sure that neither one is a fake so how could one frame feel that much heavier and has less lead tape on it??? could it be that one set of string has that type of impact on the weight of a racquet??

psp2
01-08-2008, 07:43 AM
I have 2 flexpoint mid-plus prestige, same grip size... here is what is driving me crazy, 1 stick is heavier then the other..hold on it gets worse,,the one that feels heavier has less lead tape on it and the grip feels so slightly smaller. the heavier frame is strung with head intellistring and the lighter one has signum-pro and some cheap Multifilament. Im almost a 100% sure that neither one is a fake so how could one frame feel that much heavier and has less lead tape on it??? could it be that one set of string has that type of impact on the weight of a racquet??

Yes. Strings' weight will cause your 2 "identical" racquets to be off.

racquet_jedi
01-08-2008, 08:00 AM
If it is really bugging you, you may want to have them identically strung with the same string to see if they are identical after all...