PDA

View Full Version : Prince Speedport Tour Problems

freelancer
01-08-2008, 09:01 AM
My little brother got 3 speedport tours in August and all three cracked around the frame within 3 months. I never see him throw his racquets or anything overly abusive that would have 3 racquets break in 3 months. Has anyone else noticed a problem like this?

PBODY99
01-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Is each of the cracks in the same location?

freelancer
01-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Pretty close. They all cracked around 1-3 o'clock

hoosierbr
01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
If you bought from TW and you talk to them they'd probably be willing to replace them. If bought from a racquet shop take them back. Or call Prince and tell them about the problem.

Chauvalito
01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Pretty close. They all cracked around 1-3 o'clock

I am not accusing your bro or anything, but one of my younger brothers was responsible for the demise of one of my Volkl's, and my sister's yonex.

i was not present of course, and yes I was quite angry, he has matured though, and does not throw rackets anymore...the little punk :)

Anyway, if the cracks are in the same position it may be some sort of defect in the rackets.

freelancer
01-08-2008, 04:42 PM
He got them through a tennis academy he went to, and they got them replaced through Prince. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed a problem with those racquets.

And yeah, I don't SEE him throw his racquets, but that doesn't mean he doesn't. He knows I don't really care (as long as he aint throwin MY racquets!) so I think I'd know if he threw them. He'd probably tell me.

TravelinMan
01-08-2008, 07:09 PM
I've had my SP Tours for a few months and hove not seen any issues. I have never abused these racquets though. Now my SP Black is a different story. It has seen substantial abuse :) but is still structurally sound.

freelancer
01-09-2008, 07:31 AM
I've had my SP Tours for a few months and hove not seen any issues. I have never abused these racquets though. Now my SP Black is a different story. It has seen substantial abuse :) but is still structurally sound.

LoL. That's good to know. Hopefully it was just a weird fluke. He had my RDS001 and my RQiS 1 for two months while he was waiting to get his new SP Tours in and they're still in the same shape they were when I gave them to him. But he's probably FAR less likely to bang up my crap. Let me know if anything happens to your SP Tours though. I'm still interested.

Cup8489
01-10-2008, 06:13 AM
at 1 and 3 o'clock cracks, i wish you luck getting them replaced or repaired from prince, because theyll say it was due to racquet abuse...i had this happen with my old O3 Hybrid tour, it cracked at 2 o'clock after a 3rd stringing job, and i don't abuse any of my frames at all, but prince wouldnt replace because they said it was 'racquet abuse' that caused the fracture

but good luck.

freelancer
01-10-2008, 07:26 AM
at 1 and 3 o'clock cracks, i wish you luck getting them replaced or repaired from prince, because theyll say it was due to racquet abuse...i had this happen with my old O3 Hybrid tour, it cracked at 2 o'clock after a 3rd stringing job, and i don't abuse any of my frames at all, but prince wouldnt replace because they said it was 'racquet abuse' that caused the fracture

but good luck.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I had the same problem one time with a Yonex of mine. It cracked at 3 o'clock after 3 months when I hit a volley and I NEVER throw my racquet or hit it against anything but a tennis ball.

But somehow he got 3 brand new ones. He sent them back to the Prince sponsered camp where he got them and they delt with Prince directly. I guess it helps having people who know people deal with it for you.