PDA

View Full Version : Yonex racket help!!!

tennisnut1969
01-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I'am currently playing with the rds 001 midplus. Would like to get a little more power out of this stick if possible, playing with gamma live wire xp 17 string right now, any more powerfull strings I could be using? Or should I move up to the rds 003, which is supposed to be more powerfull, bigger head. Any suggestions out there.

fuzz nation
01-08-2008, 03:05 PM
You could try just a little 3/9 o'clock lead to see what happens - you can just peel it right off if you don't like it.

Haven't tried the Gamma string you're using, but I'm having great results with a set of 17 ga Tecnifibre Biphase in one of those flexible Donnay Pro Ones from TW. Nice pop on the ball!

bagung
01-08-2008, 03:08 PM
i always found the live-wire more powerful than other multi... maybe you should give natrual gut a try....

P8ntballa
01-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Use natural gut in the mains and alu power rough in the crosses great combo for power and spi start off at 58lb mains and 55lb crosses then move up if theres too much power... if at that theres still too little power switch to all natural gut (make sure its a two piece sting job) if still too little you should have never bought the frame go with either the rds002 non-tour, rds003, or the RQiS 2 tour.