PDA

View Full Version : Old school racquets...

racquet_jedi
01-08-2008, 03:37 PM
If Head suddenly released another 1,000 Prestige Classic 600s, 1,000 Pro Tour 280s/630s, and 1,000 Radical Trysis (both midplus and oversize) into the world, how long would they last?

If Wilson suddenly released 1,000 Prostaff Classic 6.1s, 1,000 Hyper Prostaff 6.1s, 1,000 of both nBlades, and 1,000 Prostaff Tour 90s, how long would all of these racquets last?

Would any of these racquets last more than a week or a month before being sold out?

Doc Hollidae
01-08-2008, 03:42 PM
No idea how long it would take, but the Head Rackets would go before the Wilson one's I would think.

nickb
01-08-2008, 03:46 PM
All the heads would be gone very very quick.

rosenstar
01-08-2008, 04:00 PM
I doubt it. Although people on this board love these frames and I admit, they are good racquets, the average tenniis player is a 3.0 country clubber using a "granny stick" (for lack of a better term) These frames, while many of us may like them, would not sell to most tennis players. I mean, how often do you see an old pro staff 85? I see one about every 6 months, and I play maybe 5 days a week.

anirut
01-08-2008, 06:42 PM
I should guess that the ones who would rush out to buy 'em would be us board members. A quick sold out or not I wouldn't know.

meowmix
01-08-2008, 07:17 PM
1000? I'd say you'd be able to sell out about 500-750 pieces of each of the heads, but after that, you'd be stuck with an overloaded inventory. There's not enough demand to warrant 1000 PC600's suddenly flooding the market. AS a result, we'd probably have all of the rackets for quite a while.

MichaelChang
01-08-2008, 08:20 PM
day dream nation...
dreams are dreams, will never come true. unless HEAD move these modes to China, and have them mass produced. and if that is true, you won't want to buy them anyway.

PrestigeClassic
01-08-2008, 09:51 PM
1000? I'd say you'd be able to sell out about 500-750 pieces of each of the heads, but after that, you'd be stuck with an overloaded inventory. There's not enough demand to warrant 1000 PC600's suddenly flooding the market. AS a result, we'd probably have all of the rackets for quite a while.

You're very off-base unless by "quite a while" you mean a month. (And that would only be because news of these frames' availability might take that long to reach some of the potential buyers.) Besides, how can you be so accurate: demand could be met by 750 frames, but 250 more frames would create a glut "for quite a while"? Are you just writing whatever comes to mind at that moment?

Within a couple of months after TW went through about 1000(?) Prestige Classic frames, you already saw high demand for the few new frames that made their way out of people's closets. It wasn't even the first SMU of PC frames that TW had ordered, yet it had a similar outcome. As for the Pro Tour, that frame seems to be in even higher demand than the PC.

To make it easier to comprehend, even if this is limited to the US only, it's only 20 frames of any type per state. A sudden introduction of 1000 units into the market would be akin to dropping a few slices of bread into a room full of really hungry people. That's actually a very literal simile as with prior SMU's, you had people scheming of getting around order limits so that they could get more frames before they were gone for good.

Chauvalito
01-08-2008, 09:56 PM
If you were to walk into the factory in Austria and get out your checkbook, or a wad of cash and offer to pay...say, $500.00 a racket, would HEAD sell them to you?

I am crazy enough about rackets to do this...once I get out of grad. school

PrestigeClassic
01-08-2008, 10:08 PM
http://funkyurban.net/shop/thumbnails/t_16201.jpg

sargeinaz
01-08-2008, 10:10 PM
If you were to walk into the factory in Austria and get out your checkbook, or a wad of cash and offer to pay...say, $500.00 a racket, would HEAD sell them to you?

Lol whats 500 dollars to Head? Nothing. You would probably get kicked out of the factory, but you could always try.
________
ARIZONA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://arizona.dispensaries.org/)

Mick
01-08-2008, 10:21 PM

the problem is head probably would require you to buy a minimum number of racquets, like 300 racquets, for that unit price :D