PDA

View Full Version : Hey TW, ever think about this?

babolatking
01-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I think you guys should open up another store on the east coast, maybe in florida or something. Those shipping charges are killer (since im in va) Have u guys ever consider it?? U should put one in Washingtion D.C or Florida. You guys are a very popular web site/store..im kinda surprised it hasn't happend yet.

CAM178
01-08-2008, 06:44 PM
I've often wondered this, but I know what the costs would be, and it's probably not cost effective to them.

blubber
01-08-2008, 07:37 PM
I live on the east coast and I don't think TW needs an east coast facility as long as they retain their current shipping policy.

It started out as a Christmas offer, but it appears that TW has continued, at least for now, free shipping on orders over $50. Second day shipping is only $5. No one but TW offers 2nd day shipping at such a low price.

I think this is a good move for TW. I believe people will spend more and do so more often with such a low minimum for free shipping. I just placed an order for some strings and grips that came out to around $40. So I added some socks to get the price over $50. The only reason I bought the socks was to meet the minimum.

These shipping rates put TW at a strong competitive advantage versuses its competitors, even those on the east coast.

The only downside I can think of to being an east coast TW customer is that demos aren't as cheap (although they still aren't expensive) as they are on the west coast.

By the way if TW ever decides to build an east coast facility, exit 8A off the NJ Turnpike is an ideal location. It's almost equidistant from NYC and Philadelphia, as well as being nearly equidistant form Boston and D.C.

CAM178
01-08-2008, 07:46 PM
As far as I'm concerned, TW's customer service is exemplary, and their rates are above average. Their demo fees are unbelievably inexpensive. For me to rent from a certain large tennis retailer down the road from me, it's $10 per racquet, whereas TW is only $30 for 4 racquets. That's a great deal, and it's all done very professionally.

CAM178
01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
By the way if TW ever decides to build an east coast facility, exit 8A off the NJ Turnpike is an ideal location. It's almost equidistant from NYC and Philadelphia, as well as being nearly equidistant form Boston and D.C.
I'll LMAO if you're in commercial real estate. No offense meant. It just sounds like you're trying to work a deal. :)

blubber
01-08-2008, 07:56 PM
That does sound like a sales pitch. But I have no land to sell. Exit 8A is probably too expensive for TW anyway. All the big stores like barnes and noble and others have giant facilities down there. Goodbye what was left of NJ's farmland.

jorel
01-11-2008, 06:47 AM
i suggest westchester ny

JRstriker12
01-11-2008, 07:34 AM
I think you guys should open up another store on the east coast, maybe in florida or something. Those shipping charges are killer (since im in va) Have u guys ever consider it?? U should put one in Washingtion D.C or Florida. You guys are a very popular web site/store..im kinda surprised it hasn't happend yet.

Even with shipping, TW is still cheaper tham most of the stores here in the VA/DC area. Having a real shop creates a lot of overhead.

Soccer fans in the VA area will remember what happened to a certain soccer equipment/apparel company when they tried to go bricks and mortar - all the stores closed down in about 2 years and the company went back online.

TW Staff
01-11-2008, 07:59 AM

We are currently offering FREE 2nd Day Shipping for orders over $75.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/

Spencer, TW.

BobFL
01-11-2008, 06:38 PM
We are currently offering FREE 2nd Day Shipping for orders over $75.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/

Spencer, TW.

I cannot believe :) One day after I ordered my stuff:|

Jackie T. Stephens
01-11-2008, 07:24 PM
That's true and I'm also a Floridian.

Forehand Forever
01-12-2008, 05:04 AM
I thought about what if TW went to the East Coast yesterday before I read this thread. Weird.

Anyway, if they were to come to the East Coast, anywhere near NJ would be fine with me :)