PDA

View Full Version : I'm torned between the Prestige MP and RDS 002 Tour =(

Zachol82
01-08-2008, 09:32 PM
The Head Flexpoint Prestige MP and the Yonex RDS 002 Tour. I don't care what the specs say, I know it's different but when I play with it...I like the 2 A LOT.

I feel a bit more control comming from the Prestige and I feel a bit more Power and spin comming from the RDS 002...but it's just so minimal.

However...it does take me a good 10 minutes to get used to either of the racquets when I switch...so I would rather just have 2 of the same racquets rather than 2 different racquets.

They're just both great racquets and I really don't know. Anyone have experiences with both of these sticks? I would love to hear your inputs.

louis netman
01-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Two different animals. I haven't hit the Head, but I like the Yonnie. Hefty, good balance, and nice feel for a modern frame...

P8ntballa
01-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Hit with both recently I just have a thing about yonex just made the switch from wilson to my rds...but back to ur racquets, in terms of feel and touch shots the pretiege wins, power wise the yonex, control prestiege, spin yonex, serve yonex, comfort prestiege. To get more power and spin Id say to go with the prestiege pro I hit with it and loved it but yonex racquets are just so much more forgiving so I think would be better for ur level.

P8ntballa
01-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Hit with both recently I just have a thing about yonex just made the switch from wilson to my rds...but back to ur racquets, in terms of feel and touch shots the pretiege wins, power wise the yonex, control prestiege, spin yonex, serve yonex, comfort prestiege. To get more power and spin Id say to go with the prestiege pro I hit with it and loved it but yonex racquets are just so much more forgiving so I think were better for my level.
my bad hahaha

p3k
01-09-2008, 01:50 AM
Nice comparison! What about maneuverability and does Prestige swing a lot lighter than the RDS002T? Thanks.

fuzz nation
01-09-2008, 07:34 AM
If what you're saying is that you already have both racquets, but you don't know which one should be your main player, try to avoid the issue of switching during each session at the courts. On one day, play the Prestige for the whole outing and on the next, use the Yonex without swapping regardless of the setting and type of tennis you'll be playing. Eventually you'll probably find a stronger confidence level with one over the other.

Because it takes you a little while to adjust from one racquet to the other, I think you want to avoid the constant back-and-forth between them just so that your racquet is not a distraction for your overall game. Otherwise, I'm okay with keeping different frames in the stable. I've got my number one go-to sticks for when it's time to shine, but I also still noodle around with a couple of others. It's even conceivable that you could eventually prefer one racquet for singles and a different one for doubles.

Hey, the good news is that you've got two really nice racquets there!

Zachol82
01-09-2008, 08:26 AM
I've actually been using these 2 racquets for 3 months now and I still cannot decide =(.

I get more power, spin, and pace on my serve with the RDS002 Tour.
I get more feel, touch, control, and maneuverability with the Prestige.

I kind of need all of those for my game so that's why it's been so difficult. I would prefer to have the RDS002 Tour for my service game and the Prestige for my returning games but...lol that is just awkward.

To answer someone else's question above me, yes the Prestige does feel lighter than the RDS002 Tour.

Edit: Would one racquet actually help me advance further than another? I've heard that certain racquets, although they may be great, does not help you advance much in your games.

Shangri La
01-09-2008, 10:12 AM
sounds to me the mg pro could be a good choice for you...

Nsweet
01-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Why you should go with the Yonex:
1) The serve is the most important stroke in the game
2) Yonex racquets are better quality in my opinion
3) I've played with both and think the Yonex is better all around
4) Not many people use Yonex, so you can be different

tarie
01-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Yes go with Yonex!

allrightguy
01-09-2008, 03:28 PM
I would say go with the head and lead it up a little bit. Or try the new microgel prestige pro. Or, come over to the dark side of wilson...

racquet_jedi
01-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Why you should/should not go with the Yonex:

1. The Yonex is cheaper...
2. The RDS line however, is at least 2 years old or so...

fuzz nation
01-09-2008, 03:38 PM
I have a pair of 002 Tours and they are certainly nice and solid with good pop. Up at net, I can really work them with confidence and I've been pleasantly surprised with the spin they can churn out from the baseline. I can understand your extra confidence when you serve with this racquet - plenty of potential to really smack a heater or load a lot of spin on either a slice or kick serve.

My first thought was to advise you to pay more attention to your Prestige because it sounds like the rest of your game is better with that frame. I primarily use the new Donnay Pro One because overall, I'm more consistent and confident with this frame.

Here's the catch: I can serve great with the Donnays. If that wasn't the case, my primary racquet right now would probably be the Yonex. If you feel like you are at a disadvantage without the serve you get from your 002T, make an effort to string it right for your needs and see just how steady you can get with that one. I usually feel like I'm "playing uphill" if I can't serve well, even if everything else is rather consistent. You can tune your Prestige with lead and livelier strings to see what that gives you, but I think that it's hard to justify getting rid of a good server that you can also play with.

Zachol82
01-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Hmm, I guess I will wait for the Microgel Prestige. The pro version is the one with an open string pattern like my RDS 002 Tour right?

racquet_jedi
01-09-2008, 05:16 PM
^^Ayup!:wink::wink:

Pr0DiGy
01-09-2008, 05:17 PM
I would pick the racket that I play better with when I'm having a bad day.