PDA

View Full Version : MG Prestige choice

skipppppy
01-09-2008, 05:47 AM
I'm looking at purchasing the new MicroGel Prestige but not sure which one to get, the mid-plus or the mid-plus pro. I currently use the mid-plus FlexPoint Prestige [strung with Gamma TNT2 Fusion Plus 19 @ 60#] and it works just fine for me. I've used the i-prestige, found the Liquid Metal to be better, and the FlexPoint about the same. But the FlexPoints are pretty beat up and I gave the LMs away so I might as well upgrade to the MicroGel at this point.

Is the regular mid-plus closer to what I alreaday have? What does the 16/19 string pattern do for me [I guess I should know this but, sorry, I don't]?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

slider2828
01-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Read the HUGE thread on the MG's and demo it... No one can tell you what you are really asking for. Especially the difference between the Pro and the MidPlus as these aren't exactly out in mass production.

Bencia
01-09-2008, 07:52 PM
I would use a midplus if your racket right now is a mid plus.

roller~
01-09-2008, 10:23 PM
If I were you, I would go with MP..:)

cncretecwbo
01-10-2008, 06:19 AM
wait why do tou need the new one? are you unsatisfied with your current one?
Not trying to be an a-hole but i dont really see a need to get the new prestige just because its there. I currently use the liquidmetal one and havent thought about updating it once

skipppppy
01-10-2008, 06:57 AM
After 2+ years with, playing nearly every day, and even rotating through three of them, they just don't play the same as when I first got them. So it's about time to get new racquets so I might as well get the latest model.

I still don't kow what the 16/19 string pattern will do for the racquet. More spin? More power? Anyone know?

Nellie
01-10-2008, 12:12 PM
I am looking at the pro. I like the wieght, low swingweight, and open string pattern (for better top spin and power but with less control and a less consistent feel in the stringbed)

slider2828
01-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Can't say more power, but more spin.

thejuice
01-10-2008, 07:32 PM
After 2+ years with, playing nearly every day, and even rotating through three of them, they just don't play the same as when I first got them. So it's about time to get new racquets so I might as well get the latest model.

I still don't kow what the 16/19 string pattern will do for the racquet. More spin? More power? Anyone know?

It definitely offers more spin and slightly more power. I did a comparison of the MG Prestige MP and Pro here...
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=173925