PDA

View Full Version : Vantage question

jorel
01-09-2008, 09:33 AM
I find it strange that the prebuilt models do not contain a model similar to the Pure Drive +
Especially since this racquet might be the best selling frame in the last decade. I would think this model would be popular

for example.... 100 sq in 27.5 300g 320 mm balance 70 stiffness (similar to the PD+)

Chauvalito
01-09-2008, 09:51 AM
I find it strange that the prebuilt models do not contain a model similar to the Pure Drive +
Especially since this racquet might be the best selling frame in the last decade. I would think this model would be popular

for example.... 100 sq in 27.5 300g 320 mm balance 70 stiffness (similar to the PD+)

The pre-built models were based on the most popular custom rackets made during the early years of the company...not on popular industry rackets.

My younger bro playes with the following: 100 sq in, 27 in., 310 g (unstrung), 315 mm balance, 21 mm beam, 70 RA

I can tell you from playing with it that it "feels" more solid than any pure drive, or Babolat for that matter that I have hit with. It also creates as much spin and power as a babolat as well.

Capt. Willie
01-09-2008, 09:58 AM
I think it is because they are going more for "players racquets" in their line. But I'm sure they could build one to the PD+ specs (without the woofers). They can replicate a lot of different racquets.

But here's the thing, WHY would anyone pay for a custom made PD+ replica when they can buy the real thing for less money?

jorel
01-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I think it is because they are going more for "players racquets" in their line. But I'm sure they could build one to the PD+ specs (without the woofers). They can replicate a lot of different racquets.

But here's the thing, WHY would anyone pay for a custom made PD+ replica when they can buy the real thing for less money?

for the Vantage "feel"

but seriously, i do believe the graphite is of higher quality than what you can buy commercially from the other BIG guys

jorel
01-09-2008, 12:31 PM
maybe Racquetdesign can weigh in

AndrewD
01-09-2008, 02:40 PM

You're missing the point. The BABOLAT Pure Drive + is wildly successful but the copies produced by other brands have been, in general, less so (I think Wilson might be the exception). Merely producing a racquet with the same design and specs isn't going to generate high volume sales unless you also attach Andy Roddick and all of the other little things that have conspired to make the PD such a big hit.

Regardless, I like the fact that Vantage doesn't have a PD clone. The racquets they do have are well built and the performance is excellent. That's more than enough for me.

0d1n
01-10-2008, 12:05 AM
You're missing the point. The BABOLAT Pure Drive + is wildly successful but the copies produced by other brands have been, in general, less so (I think Wilson might be the exception). Merely producing a racquet with the same design and specs isn't going to generate high volume sales unless you also attach Andy Roddick and all of the other little things that have conspired to make the PD such a big hit.

Regardless, I like the fact that Vantage doesn't have a PD clone. The racquets they do have are well built and the performance is excellent. That's more than enough for me.

Could you get into a bit more detail about the particular specs you've tried and perhaps provide a short comparative review (comparing with other popular rackets ... we can agree on a list later...something we've both played :p).
I've been dying tot try a vantage stick, but didn't get the chance yet...I may just have to buy one blind ... but I have too many rackets already :).

jorel
01-10-2008, 12:08 AM

have you tried my proposed specs by vantage?