PDA

View Full Version : How to increase the stiffness of a K Factor KSix-One Team

luca85
01-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Are there anyways I could get a stiffer feel from this racket. Would a higher tension or lead tape make much of a difference?

grass_hopper
01-09-2008, 11:01 AM
lead tape on head area would make it feel stiffer and play stiffer, however it also make the racquet head heavy, higher swing weight and not the same feel as before. higher tension would lower the size of sweet spot which already is small on that racquet. you can experiment as many do or move on to another brand with similar racquet size and weight.

Doc Hollidae
01-09-2008, 11:02 AM
I had this problem with the Radical TT Tour. It felt great for everything except volleys due to the flex. So I've been putting 2-4 grams of lead around 2 and 10 and found that it firms up that flex with the right placement. I'm still fiddling with it to see what I like, but the addition of 2 grams made a considerable difference for me.

luca85
01-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks.... I think the lead tape is more ideal than differing the tension. I was considering putting lead tape at 10and2 and 8and4 because the racket already has weight at 9and3. I think i might balance the racket as well by putting some extra weight on the handle. I will altogether add about 10-15 grams. I think i will keep the tension around 56-58lbs depending on how it plays with the extra weight added.

SFrazeur
01-09-2008, 12:09 PM
The KTeam is one fine playing racquet.

Adding weight does not increase stiffness, but will increase stability and make a racquet more solid feeling. I think a bit of lead at 10 and 2 will give you a more solid feel that you will be able to accept in place of solidness of a stiffer frame. It will not be the same, but could very achieve the same effect you are looking for. This will increase swing weight and extend the sweet spot a little bit higher as well.

Here is TW's article on customizing a racquet:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/Customizing/customize.html

-SF

racquet_jedi
01-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Hmm, I thought adding weight to the perimeter would actually increase flex...