PDA

View Full Version : Counter Strike- Map question-iceworld

ibemadskillzz
12-07-2004, 03:00 PM
Hello,
I have counter strike original.
Whenever I try to play fy_iceworld map my CS program just shuts down and it gives me an error. It says: Warning could not open de_vegas.Wad
Did anyone experience this before? How did you fix it?

Smashlob
12-07-2004, 06:12 PM
GO TO THE DAMNED COUNTER-STRIKE FORUMS AND ASK YOUR QUESTIONS THERE.

But because you asked: you need a new harddrive, the one you have now is not compatable with that version of counter-strike and that map. You *might* be able to get away with just reformatting.

MChong
12-07-2004, 08:41 PM
I'm not sure what the problem is; that's happened to me, but whenever I tried again it always worked *shrugs*. I dunno, I prefer fy_snow to iceworld; it's too small.

trdrz
12-07-2004, 09:24 PM
hey I had nearly the same problem before. You probally
copyed and paste the files in the wrong folder or somethig.

Agent Orynge
12-17-2004, 11:38 AM
I had this problem when I first downloaded CS off of Steam. The reason it can't find de_vegas.wad is because...you don't have de_vegas.wad! A simple Yahoo! search for "de_vegas.wad" will bring up this link; http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark%2C9268694~mode=flat.

From there you should be able to find a link to download the file, and put it...somewhere. It was a while ago and frankly, I don't remember. In fact, I think I found an iceworld server that downloads the .wad file for you when you join, so you may want to look around for that too. Good luck.