PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone Dynabeam Grandea

tennisman
03-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Does anyone have a picture or have the specs for the dynabeam grandea? i saw it on prince of tennis and curious what the real thing is. thanks.

Eregorn
09-02-2005, 11:06 AM
all i've found about it is this http://www.bs-tennis.com/tennis/racket/dynabeam_gra/dynabeam_gra.html

Vince
09-02-2005, 09:05 PM
ahh good ol Prince of Tennis. Love that anime.

Yeah that's the same pic i found a while ago when i was on the search for the Bridgestone Dynabeam ******a. Doesn't really look like Ryoma's racket though

Eregorn
09-03-2005, 02:40 AM
ahh good ol Prince of Tennis. Love that anime.

Yeah that's the same pic i found a while ago when i was on the search for the Bridgestone Dynabeam ******a. Doesn't really look like Ryoma's racket though
no indeed i thought that to :) it's hard to find any information about it too :neutral:

2akr
02-05-2006, 04:49 PM
HI!!! I read that some one wanted to see Ryoma's racquet well here is the link http://www.racket.co.jp/tennis/racket/bridgestone/image/probeam_z01_mid_m.jpg :p

And this is a page where you can have almost all the infomation about the equiment that is used in the Prince of tennis ---> http://www.animechains.com/princeoftennis/profile.cfm?id=5

2akr
02-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Does anyone have a picture or have the specs for the dynabeam grandea? i saw it on prince of tennis and curious what the real thing is. thanks.

Yes this is the link---> http://www.racket.co.jp/tennis/racket/bridgestone/image/probeam_z01_mid_m.jpg ;)

DragonFly
02-05-2006, 08:49 PM
haha...i didn't know it actually existed.....you know....being made by a ture company? This is a cool thread....anyone ever actually...play with it?

kabob
02-05-2006, 10:46 PM
I've heard of this anime before but what's it about? Besides the obvious (tennis).

DragonFly
02-05-2006, 11:14 PM
I've heard of this anime before but what's it about? Besides the obvious (tennis).

Well, in a nutshell, its about a 7th grader, Ryoma Echizen who's trying out for his school's tennis team, which happens to be one of the best schools at tennis there is in Japan. Ryoma is somewhat of a junior champion *cough* Baghdatis and Federer *un cough*in the US and he moved back to Japan. His father would have been No.1 in the world bt retired due to injury. Anyways, he short, and young, which doesn't really impress anyone in the school, but he's really good at tennis. He's one of those, silent badasses that no one expects to be good until they hit the court.

He's actually the best player in the league (possibly the world?), and the captain knows that, but since he's young they won't put him a No.1 seed on the team. The anime basically focuses on his quest to beat his father at tennis and prove himself. The anime is realy over the top, really exaggerated, and physically impossible. The terminology is also pretty dumb, yet it uses actual tennis strategies and shots, (splitstep etc). But hey, if it ws all realistic, it wouldn't be any fun watching, wouldn't it? It's got like....150+ eps in japan. The number might be 250+, I dunno.

Its a little deeper than just him trying to beat his dad, but hey....that's why you can read/watch it.

Fav quote - "The master painter makes art with any brush" - When they steal Ryoma's racquets and force him to play with a dilapidated wooden one.

christo
02-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Head Flexpoint Radical ?

tetsuo10
02-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Actually, the dad quit tennis as the top player in the world because he had Ryoma. He's not the best player, but is recognized as the one with unlimited potential. Hence, every match, you see him become better and better. I've watched the end. Do you want to know how the series ends? Don't know if it's the same as the manga stories.

DragonFly
02-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Actually, the dad quit tennis as the top player in the world because he had Ryoma. He's not the best player, but is recognized as the one with unlimited potential. Hence, every match, you see him become better and better. I've watched the end. Do you want to know how the series ends? Don't know if it's the same as the manga stories.

Ah, dangit...well, it just says that at the early parts of the story, so you can't blame me, eh? naw, i'll pass on the spoiler alert, haha. but, how many episodes are there? I goota clear that up. True, he isn't the best player, but he picks up on his opponent's strategies and weaknesses very very fast, like the Lefty-Killer Yuta match, that was awesome.

kabob
02-06-2006, 01:34 AM
No offense, but that sounds dumb as hell. Then again, I don't really like anime as I did when I was younger.

DragonFly
02-06-2006, 02:23 AM
No offense, but that sounds dumb as hell. Then again, I don't really like anime as I did when I was younger.

It does sound dumb, but then so do alot of things, IR the iPod. Why have 10,000 songs when the battery doesn't last long enought to play all of them? Why is American Football called "Foot"ball? Even tennis sounds absurd if you think about it. Two or four guys hitting a yellow ball back and forth for a few hours? It does sound absurd, but hell, its plenty of fun, right? You gotta watch it to appreciate it I guess.

PurePrestige
02-06-2006, 07:26 AM
I always thought that this: http://web.archive.org/web/20010609220049/www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=RD70TS
Was Ryoma's racquet.

Deuce
02-06-2006, 11:30 PM
There's another 'tire company' that has been making tennis racquets for quite a long time...

DragonFly
02-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I know, but, when I first read Bridgestone in the comic, I tried looking up bridgestone racquets (specifically the dynabeam), not much, so I wrote it off as a made up raquet.

Speaking of Dunlop, any relation to the music company?

hoangvu
06-05-2006, 09:01 AM
no i think ryoma's racket isnt a bridgestone. i think its a yonex because the shape of his racket is a yonex shape. and in episode 126 wen he spins his racket yu can see the yonex label at the end.

DragonFly
06-09-2006, 06:28 PM
in the beginning of the series its a bridestone, and then later you see the distinctive polygonal shape later

Roffey
06-09-2006, 07:19 PM
There's nowhere in america that sells these, is there? I was checking out there site and found their players frames to be almost exactly what I'm looking for.

thevillageidiot
06-09-2006, 09:19 PM
no i think ryoma's racket isnt a bridgestone. i think its a yonex because the shape of his racket is a yonex shape. and in episode 126 wen he spins his racket yu can see the yonex label at the end.

I think the anime series is different from the comic books. A lot of the gear that they use in the anime series is Yonex gear, which probably has a lot to do with the fact that the cartoon series is sponsored by Yonex.

JakeHCoker
10-04-2008, 11:19 AM
I think the Yonex is the same, but has anyone here played with it?

PSC85
10-27-2013, 11:49 PM
Dynabeam Grandea hits awesome, got a couple of them and couldn't believe how comfortable it is. Basically point and shoot and extremely forgiving large sweet spot. Almost way too easy to play that I had to put it down and go back to my regular frame or else I'd start to develop bad habits.