PDA

View Full Version : wirst pain with Volkl tour VE Mid: help anyone?

giolp
01-09-2008, 02:40 PM
I bought a couple of volkl VE mid 6 months ago, strung them with tecnifibre multifeel at 24 kgs.
I really like these sticks, especially their feel and swingweight, but in the last couple of months I've been experiencing a bad pain wrist, for the first time in over 25 years of tennis.

first of all, I'd like to know if anyone else has ever passed through anything similar with this stick.
second, is for instance the Volkl Tour 10 Mid (Gen I) more arm / wrist friendly?
(I prefer very flexy, headlight, 18x20 sticks)

thanks in advance for your help

bad_call
01-09-2008, 03:00 PM
I bought a couple of volkl VE mid 6 months ago, strung them with tecnifibre multifeel at 24 kgs.
I really like these sticks, especially their feel and swingweight, but in the last couple of months I've been experiencing a bad pain wrist, for the first time in over 25 years of tennis.

first of all, I'd like to know if anyone else has ever passed through anything similar with this stick.
second, is for instance the Volkl Tour 10 Mid (Gen I) more arm / wrist friendly?

i've been using these sticks for about a year now and haven't experienced anything like that. also multifeel is one of the softest strings i've ever used. it sounds like your strokes may not be suited to this racquet. it's strange tho that you've had the racquet for 6 months and only experiencing it in the last 2 months. maybe do some wrist strengthening exercises and see if it helps.

bagung
01-09-2008, 03:16 PM
i always find the volkls arm-friendly..
however the V-Engine does play a little stiffer than non VE... 18x20 is also plays more "boardy" than open string patterns; maybe by lowering the tensions on 18x20 will helps...

gamerx52986
01-09-2008, 04:49 PM
I've got my Tour 10 VE Mid's strung @53lbs with Tecnifibre NRG2 and have yet to experience any problems. As mentioned by others, I've tried other Volkl frames and always found them arm friendly.

Klatu Verata Necktie
01-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Is the Volkl heavier than your previous racquet? Many of the players that I know have sustained wrist injuries due to an increase in static and swing weight, not necessarily a stiffer frame.

jayserinos99
01-09-2008, 05:10 PM
^ that's a good point. something else that may have come up is the technique issue...have you changed any of your strokes in hte past 2 months? also, have you changed levels and therefore have been hitting with different people?

I used this frame for 7 months or so and I never had arm, wrist, or shoulder problems with it. I did string them up at 58 lbs but with a natural gut/syn gut hybrid. The Tour 10 Gen 1 mid is also a flexy headlight stick (I'd say even more flexy than the T10VE mid) but it also swung heavier than the T10VE mid.

drakulie
01-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Volkls are notorious for wrist injuries.

Klatu Verata Necktie
01-09-2008, 05:24 PM

Really?

I so rarely hear anything about Volkl racquets that I didn't think they were notorious for anything ;)

drakulie
01-09-2008, 05:28 PM
^^ I was just kidding. LOL

bad_call
01-09-2008, 05:53 PM

you should send me that C10 of yours before you get hurt. :razz:

giolp
01-10-2008, 12:49 AM
my previous stick has been, for almost 12 yrs, the Prestige 600, either Classic or Tour, which was the same weight, or even some grams heavier, swingweight was also higher.
the wrist pain begun when I started training regularly, the weird thing is that if I go back to my Prestige I feel the pain is not increasing, if not disappearing.

ericsson
01-10-2008, 12:51 AM

That's very strange, especially in the 10 range of Volkl, it's a little stiffer up in the hoop compared to the softer tour 10 gen I which is the perfect touch racket.

bad_call
01-10-2008, 05:35 AM
my previous stick has been, for almost 12 yrs, the Prestige 600, either Classic or Tour, which was the same weight, or even some grams heavier, swingweight was also higher.
the wrist pain begun when I started training regularly, the weird thing is that if I go back to my Prestige I feel the pain is not increasing, if not disappearing.

well it could be the racquet. if i'm lucky, i'll play twice a week which is not like regular training. good luck to you.

btw - have u tried the C10? FWIW - it's the smoothest racquet i've yet to hit.

ssjkyle31
01-10-2008, 06:03 AM
I had that problem with my wrist using a POG mid from a Volkl Tour 10 mid gen I. One of my hitting buddies told me that I was flicking my wrist to try to acheive my topspin.