PDA

View Full Version : Head i. Radical MP XL???

knasty131
01-09-2008, 09:39 PM
On that big auction site...auction # 230211371246....check it out...maybe someone will pick it up from these boards...it will go QUICK at 60 bucks

knasty131
01-10-2008, 05:49 AM
hmmm...guess nobody is interested...i think it would be a beast of a racket if added CAPS and if i liked the head grip shape

OnyxZ28
01-10-2008, 06:19 AM
Look again man, it already has CAPS.

0d1n
01-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Yep, and probably other mods as well. No I radical will be 12.2 oz "stock".

OnyxZ28
01-10-2008, 06:26 AM
I don't think that's an i.Rad. CAP'd radicals after the Ti.Rad have a problem with the grommets not coming out enough -- if you look at the picture the grommets are fine, maybe it's a PJ of an i.Prestige MP XL with CAPS? It also has the black pro room buttcap, not the normal i.series buttcap.

NoMansLandPlayer
01-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Hey guys, I bought this racquet and it is a beast to hit with. Specs are 27.5 in, 98 sq in, 8 to 9 pts HL about?, 343g/12.1 oz, Stifness 64, 18 X 20, grip #4 4-1/2.

Question? Can I assume that this is a paintjob of a I.Prestige since it is overlength (27.5") and has the full CAP grommets? The buttcap also looks to have been altered. It looks as if sommeone drilled a hole (possibly for weight) and filled with some sort of silicone to seal. Also, does not have the "swing style" or any specification reference on the throat area either...

Thanks for the help

Ross K
01-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Hey guys, I bought this racquet and it is a beast to hit with. Specs are 27.5 in, 98 sq in, 8 to 9 pts HL about?, 343g/12.1 oz, Stifness 64, 18 X 20, grip #4 4-1/2.

Question? Can I assume that this is a paintjob of a I.Prestige since it is overlength (27.5") and has the full CAP grommets? The buttcap also looks to have been altered. It looks as if sommeone drilled a hole (possibly for weight) and filled with some sort of silicone to seal. Also, does not have the "swing style" or any specification reference on the throat area either...

Thanks for the help

I'm curious to know the swing weight. Plus also, you say it's a 'beast', but do you mean you're not going to persevere with it or you might keep hitting with it a while longer? I only ask because I'm a big fan of the Rad TT Tour XL (huge swing weight), but it took me a while to get used to it in terms of serves and it's extra length... although I was immediately a fan of the way it just crushes groundies... maybe it needs a bit of time?

0d1n
01-16-2008, 03:04 AM
I'm curious to know the swing weight. Plus also, you say it's a 'beast', but do you mean you're not going to persevere with it or you might keep hitting with it a while longer? I only ask because I'm a big fan of the Rad TT Tour XL (huge swing weight), but it took me a while to get used to it in terms of serves and it's extra length... although I was immediately a fan of the way it just crushes groundies... maybe it needs a bit of time?

If you can't get at least an identical backup, NO racket is worth playing as main/primary racket. This is the main reason I think the guy who bought it should just play it for giggles and then put it on a wall :)

SteveI
01-16-2008, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the help

Hey,

I guess there are some real young folks on this board these days... :-) Guess ya did not know about this frame... with the CAPS... it would go about 12.1 to 12.2.. enjoy!

From TW Racket Finder... I played this stick...

Head Intelligence I.Prestige Midplus XL
Head size: 98 sq. in. / 632 sq. cm. Balance: 9pts Head Light
Length: 27.5 inches / 70 cm Swingweight: 327
Weight: 11.8oz / 335g Stiffness: 62 (0-100)
Power Level: Low Construction: 21 mm Straight Beam
Swing Speed: Fast String Pattern: 18 Mains / 20 Crosses
Composition: Graphite Composite w / Piezzo Electric Fibers in Shaft

Regards,
Steve

NoMansLandPlayer
01-16-2008, 06:32 PM
thanks for the reply Steve. The mystery is that the racquet in question is painted like a I.Radical, but seems to have the specs of a I.Prestige.

psp2
01-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey,

I guess there are some real young folks on this board these days... :-) Guess ya did not know about this frame... with the CAPS... it would go about 12.1 to 12.2.. enjoy!

From TW Racket Finder... I played this stick...

Head Intelligence I.Prestige Midplus XL
Head size: 98 sq. in. / 632 sq. cm. Balance: 9pts Head Light
Length: 27.5 inches / 70 cm Swingweight: 327
Weight: 11.8oz / 335g Stiffness: 62 (0-100)
Power Level: Low Construction: 21 mm Straight Beam
Swing Speed: Fast String Pattern: 18 Mains / 20 Crosses
Composition: Graphite Composite w / Piezzo Electric Fibers in Shaft

Regards,
Steve

I have an Austrian one in 4 5/8 grip if anyone is looking for it. I sold my Trysis Tour XL and don't have the need to keep the iPrestige XL.

Ross K
01-16-2008, 09:42 PM
I have an Austrian one in 4 5/8 grip if anyone is looking for it. I sold my Trysis Tour XL and don't have the need to keep the iPrestige XL.

Hey psp,

I'd be very curious indeed to hear a bit of detail on your opinion of the Trysis Tour... and BTW, which exact frame was it? The original 'bumblebee'? One of the Twin Tubes? (I've got the Rad Tour TT XL - 98' version.) Something else?

psp2
01-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Hey psp,

I'd be very curious indeed to hear a bit of detail on your opinion of the Trysis Tour... and BTW, which exact frame was it? The original 'bumblebee'? One of the Twin Tubes? (I've got the Rad Tour TT XL - 98' version.) Something else?

Sorry Ross.. I meant the Radical Tour XL (turquoise/black). I slapped on a full CAP grommet, leather grip, and strung it with ALU Flouro. The SW came out to like 355!! It felt very comfortable and simply plowed through the ball.

Here's a photo of it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/leegeddy/tennis/TourXL1.jpg

Ross K
01-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Sorry Ross.. I meant the Radical Tour XL (turquoise/black). I slapped on a full CAP grommet, leather grip, and strung it with ALU Flouro. The SW came out to like 355!! It felt very comfortable and simply plowed through the ball.

Here's a photo of it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/leegeddy/tennis/TourXL1.jpg

As in you could serve, volley and generally swing it okay?...

Right. Whilst not being exactly feather-light, I was surprised that what with my Rad Tour TT XL having a SW in the late 360's, and with me being no advanced player, or not having a huge, muscle-bound physique, I didn't really have the manouverability issues I'd quite anticipated.