PDA

View Full Version : Head - 690 head size

Ross K
01-10-2008, 02:57 AM
I may well be getting the original Trisys 'Bumblebee.' However, I've just discovered the head size is 690. Now I'm presuming this means it's oversize. However, does that equate to around your 'normal' OS 107 sq in frames, or is it (as I think it is) actually a bit smaller? I admit to finding this confusing as Head measures head size differently than other makes I believe. Basically, I'm guessing a Head Radical Tour 690 is OS, but not massively so... is this correct? BTW, if anyone has experience of this particular frame, what differences are there with the 690 as opposed to the midplus or mid? How is is better/worse?

Cheers,

Ross

Ross K
01-10-2008, 05:06 AM
Okay. Have learnt answer to first part of above (yes... 690=107 exactly... although, confusingly, comparing such rods as a pd+ - 100 sq ins, and a tt warrior - 107, when placed on top of each other they are virtually the same size.) Anyway, at least I'm sure (sort of :wink:) what we're dealing with now.

BTW, would still be interested to hear ppl's views on this head size though. The racquet in question. And how it compares to smaller sized Rads or other, similar frames.

tandayu
01-10-2008, 07:29 AM
The headsize only slightly larger on the 690 compared to 630 (I am talking about the hitting area around the sweetspot).

The things that make the difference are: the beam width, string pattern, swingweight, balance, weight, etc.. All these factors throwing in resulting in two totally different frames

Doc Hollidae
01-10-2008, 08:07 AM
The difference in head size is fairly miminal. The MP will cover the string bed of the OS if you put then on top of each other. Only the frame of the OS will show.

The OS is more powerful a tad flexier. Better for groundies and returns. MP is more manueverable and solid at the net. Serves depend on the player I think. I prefer serving kickers with an OS, but slice and flat with a MP. The MP has a slight edge in control, but you'd be surprised by the control of the OS as well. I've always felt that the dense pattern of the Radical OS' make up for the added head size. Compared to other OS', it plays much more like an MP than it's OS peers.

bagung
01-10-2008, 05:49 PM
which one comes out first, the "bumblebee" or the pro tour 690 made in austria..?
does 630 head size means it is 98in square head..?

Doc Hollidae
01-10-2008, 08:35 PM
630 = 98 in

-Kap-
01-12-2008, 11:22 AM
...I've always felt that the dense pattern of the Radical OS' make up for the added head size. Compared to other OS', it plays much more like an MP than it's OS peers.

Yeah, their 18x19 pattern seems like a great fit for the 107 head. It's a good combination for decent spin and directional control. :)