PDA

View Full Version : Demoing RDS001, K90, & K95 - results soon

CAM178
01-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Just ordered the demos, so I would expect them to be here soon. I will post my results soon. I'm pretty stoked about getting these, as one of them will become my new stick. My n6.1's have been strung too many times, and have lost their playability, so I have to choose a new one soon.

nickb
01-10-2008, 06:52 AM
You will find the K95 stiffer than the n95..some like it...some dont...which headsize in the RDS001?

Nick

CAM178
01-10-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm demoing both headsizes of the 001. I've been told that I'll prefer the 90 in the 001, based on the playability and my game, but we'll see. I got the KTour90, the K95 16x18, and both headsizes of the 001. I might even post some video.

nickarnold2000
01-10-2008, 07:02 AM
By all means post some video.

TonyB
01-10-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm just curious how you settled on those three frames? They're completely different.

The RDS 001 mid is 340 grams and the midplus is around 332 grams with a low 320's swingweight. The K90 is 354 grams with a 340-ish swingweight. Speaking from my experience only, the difference would be like night and day between those frames.

Seems to me that it's just shooting in the dark to find a frame almost "by accident." I don't mean to criticize, and I'm not trying to start an argument, but I'm surprised to see that you would choose such a wide range of specs in racquets when it sounds as though you're a fairly experienced player, judging from your other posts on this forum.

If I get any further than 5 grams away from my current racquet in weight, it's a huge difference. Same goes for swingweight -- I know my limits and there's no way I'd feel comfortable deviating from my current frame by that much.

CAM178
01-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm just curious how you settled on those three frames? They're completely different.
The RDS 001 mid is 340 grams and the midplus is around 332 grams with a low 320's swingweight. The K90 is 354 grams with a 340-ish swingweight. Speaking from my experience only, the difference would be like night and day between those frames.
Seems to me that it's just shooting in the dark to find a frame almost "by accident." I don't mean to criticize, and I'm not trying to start an argument, but I'm surprised to see that you would choose such a wide range of specs in racquets when it sounds as though you're a fairly experienced player, judging from your other posts on this forum.
If I get any further than 5 grams away from my current racquet in weight, it's a huge difference. Same goes for swingweight -- I know my limits and there's no way I'd feel comfortable deviating from my current frame by that much.
I've got thicker skin that to think you're talking trash, man. I know you're just curious.

To be honest, I've never paid much attention to all of those specs. The only ones I look at are stiffness, length, weight, and how head-light. Most important to me are what other players have said. I have heard that I should give the 001 a try, so I'm going to do so. As to weight, I will try out any racquet between 11.5-12.5 oz. My ideal racquet is 11.8 oz, 66 stiffness, and 8 pts HL. I've tried sticks with those specs, and they played like sh**. So specs don't mean anything to me, really. It's how the racquet feels to me when I play that matters.

Keep in mind that just a few years ago I went from playing with an nSurge to the n6.1 in a very short period of time, which is a huge weight and playability difference. I got tired of taking out stray bats when I shanked it with that damn nSurge, so I switched.

As for finding a racquet by accident, that's how I found my PSC6.1. I was playing against the #1 guy at my college, and I decided to try his racquet (PSC6.1), and fell in love with it immediately. That was by accident, but I played with that racquet for the better part of 6 yrs.

TonyB
01-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Interesting. But lucky, too, that you managed to find a racquet like that. I agree that not all racquets with similar specs play alike, but it's a good place to start.

Me, I took a more scientific approach to finding my "ideal" racquet. I narrowed down the overall weight and balance first, then swingweight and stiffness, in order of tolerance. That is, I can tolerate larger variations in stiffness than I can tolerate variations in weight or balance.

But sure, you can certainly play with a racquet that's 15 grams heavier, but I consistently find that a racquet that's so much heavier will force me to compromise my technique after playing an hour or so. If I stick with a weight that I can actually handle, my technique holds up much better and I find that my strokes are much more consistent over the long haul (3+ hours).

Good luck with your demos. I personally play with the RDS 001 mid and absolutely love it. Amazing control and just the right amount of power. It can feel a bit stiff at times, but overall it's the best fit for my game.

CAM178
01-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Tony, are you playing with the 90 or 98 001? You say Mid, but I just want to make sure. What made you get the 001 versus all of the other frames that are out there? I see your methodology above, but I just want to see if you played with any other frames?

TonyB
01-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Tony, are you playing with the 90 or 98 001? You say Mid, but I just want to make sure. What made you get the 001 versus all of the other frames that are out there? I see your methodology above, but I just want to see if you played with any other frames?

I use the Mid (90).

Although there aren't THAT many frames out there with the same specs, I have played with the TF320, Fischer M-Speed, Prince O3 Tour and Speedport Tour (93 and 97, I think), Slazenger X1, Yonex RDX 500 mid, Wilson PS 6.0 95, and the Volkl C10 Pro. I have also tried racquets outside of that spec range and did not find them suitable for my game.

The racquet that the RDS 001 replaced was the M-Speed. The M-Speed was nice and had a soft feel, but I needed a bit more weight behind my shots and I find the stability of the RDS unmatched for slice backhands. I also think the feel and feedback of the RDS are superior to the M-Speed. Before the M-Speed, I used the TF335, but found it too heavy for me (354 grams strung). Before the TF335, I used the Slazenger X1, which was an incredible frame, but a bit too stiff and muted for me.

I've always played with 90 sq. in. frames my entire life (and mostly Yonex, as well), so going from a 98 back to a 90 was no problem for me. But I can see where it might cause some people problems if they're not accustomed to the smaller size.

CAM178
01-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Tony, couple of things:
1. Thanks for all of the feedback and info: very much appreciated.
2. I, too, am looking for a racquet that will put some weight behind my shots. I can generate plenty of pace, but these n6.1's have lost their chutzpah b/c of being strung so many times.
3. Agreed as to the frame size. Part of me is really nervous about trying the 90's again. It's been 20 yrs since I've played with one. But from what I hear, and from what I remember, the 90's are unbelievably solid. It still tickles me that I haven't thought of the fact that I played really well with the 90's before now. :)
4. I just now noticed your signature. That's my favorite show. Giggity, giggity, gig-gi-ty!

TonyB
01-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Just one thing: please report back on what you think of the topspin/kick serve performance of the RDS 001 mid. I'm curious to hear what your experience is with that racquet.

I won't bias your feedback by stating my opinion.

CAM178
01-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Will do as to the 001's kick potential on 2nd's.

TonyB
01-10-2008, 06:15 PM
By the way, I'm planning to demo the MG Prestige Pro this coming Saturday. The specs look absolutely perfect for me and I've read a lot of good comments on it. It's going to be an interesting demo, for sure. On paper, it looks like it's got everything I'm looking for in a racquet.

I'll probably post a review once I get the chance to hit with it. Sure, I love the RDS, but there's always something "better" out there, right?

CAM178
01-10-2008, 06:24 PM
By the way, I'm planning to demo the MG Prestige Pro this coming Saturday. The specs look absolutely perfect for me and I've read a lot of good comments on it. It's going to be an interesting demo, for sure. On paper, it looks like it's got everything I'm looking for in a racquet.
I'll probably post a review once I get the chance to hit with it. Sure, I love the RDS, but there's always something "better" out there, right?
Yep, there's always a better one out there. Good luck with the MGPP.

tzinc
01-10-2008, 10:30 PM
I think this is exactly how to demo. Try different frames. I demoed a K90 K95 and APDC. I found the APDC to be the best for me at the same time I enjoyed the K90 - hated the K95.

Demoing different racquets might lead to better results imo!

CAM178
01-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I just don't want to do what I did a few years back, which was rack up hundreds in demo fees, and ended up going back to my college stick. If it's not one of these 4, I'm looking strongly at the KBladeTour. I'll know within 2 weeks what I'll be playing with for 2008. Can't wait. :)

herosol
01-11-2008, 05:25 AM
What I don't get is why people intend to demo sticks that are spec-wise exactly the same?

You basically will get a bunch of similar rackets that play the same. Being diverse with your demos mean you get a variety of racket-tastes in order to find one you like.

My last Demo with pure Open String Patterns was:

MG Extreme Pro- A Stiff, Spin Making, Power House
O3 Tour MP- A mute, moderate blend of power and control, with Spin
AG300- A close to Even Balance light static weight stick
MG Radical Pro- A Spin, Flexible, and Control racket

You have to have variations to know what isn't for you and what is.

biggsy
01-11-2008, 06:16 AM
quite agree herosol and which of those racquets was the best??

CAM178
01-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Racquets just arrived today, so results to be posted soon. Won't hit with them until tomorrow, as my arms are too sore today from lifting.

One thing I'm confused about are the stringjobs in the racquets:

- 001 Mid: full Lux BB Pwr, mid tension
- 001 Mid+: some poly that says 'NOT FOR RESALE', high tension; close to breaking
- K90: same as 001 Mid+; must be TW stock string; mid tension; close to breaking
- K95: Reaction; high tension; really close to breaking; racquet came with new Tourna Grip, though. But new grip won't help if the string breaks quickly.

Racquets are all in good shape: bumper guards good, no major marks/paint chips, etc.

Results to come shortly. Hope weather holds off, as skies look threatening.

JohnP
01-14-2008, 01:11 PM
CAM: I don't know if you've ever played with the 18x20 version of your nSix-One but unless you find the K95 to be nowhere close to what you want (unlikely), make sure you demo the K95 18x20 version at some point.

I came from the old PSC and believed myself that i'd like the 16x18 pattern better but after buying one of each and trying them back to back for awhile it was very apparent that the 18x20 was the superior stick, for me at least.

drakulie
01-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Look forward to your review Cam. Will you be making comparisons to the PSC 6.1??

CAM178
01-14-2008, 01:54 PM
CAM: I don't know if you've ever played with the 18x20 version of your nSix-One but unless you find the K95 to be nowhere close to what you want (unlikely), make sure you demo the K95 18x20 version at some point.
I came from the old PSC and believed myself that i'd like the 16x18 pattern better but after buying one of each and trying them back to back for awhile it was very apparent that the 18x20 was the superior stick, for me at least.
Nah, never played with the n 18x20. But yeah, I've heard that about that K 18x20 and that I should check it out. That will be next, if I don't like any of these 4. I'll probably just demo it even if I do like one of these, just to make sure. Thanks, man.

Look forward to your review Cam. Will you be making comparisons to the PSC 6.1??
I sure will man. I appreciate the request, as that was one of the best sticks I ever played with.

zacinnc78
01-14-2008, 03:08 PM
cant wait to hear the comparison between k90 and 95....

JohnP
01-14-2008, 05:42 PM
I'll probably just demo it even if I do like one of these, just to make sure. Thanks, man.

Well, since you're a guy who's played the 6.1 series alot (you say you used the PSC extensively, and now use the NSix-One, I think there's a very good chance you'll find the K95 16x18 to be your favorite stick of the ones you're demoing. So, I don't want you to make the same mistake that I made; I bought two 16x18s before I really gave the 18x20 a shot, and ended up having to sell them once I realized the 18x20 was the racquet for me.

Rasta
01-15-2008, 05:42 AM
I think that you will like the RDS 001 Mid. It is a bit underpowered but has excellent control. I'm looking forward to the reviews.

TonyB
01-15-2008, 11:37 AM
The thing I find most interesting about the RDS 001 mid (90) is that not one single touring pro is using it.

There are a couple using the midplus (98), but I'm assuming that they're heavily leaded up.

Very interesting.

CAM178
01-15-2008, 11:55 AM
The thing I find most interesting about the RDS 001 mid (90) is that not one single touring pro is using it.
There are a couple using the midplus (98), but I'm assuming that they're heavily leaded up.
Very interesting.
I thought Nalby used the 001 90. . . no?

TonyB
01-15-2008, 01:55 PM
I thought Nalby used the 001 90. . . no?

Nope, midplus. At least according to the Yonex website:

http://www.yonex.com/tennis/advisory_staff/index.html

CAM178
01-15-2008, 03:24 PM
No results yet: I strained my muscles while lifting on Sunday, so no tennis until at least tomorrow. That is compunded by not being able to find anybody to hit with. On top of those two, we now have a cold front moving in, so this is going to be a fun week to try and hit with these. Dammit. :(

Bubba
01-15-2008, 04:39 PM
I've got thicker skin that to think you're talking trash, man. I know you're just curious.

To be honest, I've never paid much attention to all of those specs. The only ones I look at are stiffness, length, weight, and how head-light. Most important to me are what other players have said. I have heard that I should give the 001 a try, so I'm going to do so. As to weight, I will try out any racquet between 11.5-12.5 oz. My ideal racquet is 11.8 oz, 66 stiffness, and 8 pts HL. I've tried sticks with those specs, and they played like sh**. So specs don't mean anything to me, really. It's how the racquet feels to me when I play that matters.

Keep in mind that just a few years ago I went from playing with an nSurge to the n6.1 in a very short period of time, which is a huge weight and playability difference. I got tired of taking out stray bats when I shanked it with that damn nSurge, so I switched.

As for finding a racquet by accident, that's how I found my PSC6.1. I was playing against the #1 guy at my college, and I decided to try his racquet (PSC6.1), and fell in love with it immediately. That was by accident, but I played with that racquet for the better part of 6 yrs.

I went through similar... actually exact as you. Love and played with the K90 but the swingweight was slightly too much after about an hour of serious hitting. Closest match out there is the RDS001... i've switched to it and just added a little lead to 10 and 2 to add a little oomph. I've found it very similar to the k90 - but more manuev. at net and a better serving stick than the k90. Avoid the RDX500... not stiff enough. Good frame, but far to flexi. The 001 fixed this.

By the way... I also had the k95's and while they were okay for me... I had to add a lot of lead and I didn't like the 95 size as much as the 90 sq"... but that's my game. Good luck with the demo!!

Bubba
01-15-2008, 04:41 PM
No results yet: I strained my muscles while lifting on Sunday, so no tennis until at least tomorrow. That is compunded by not being able to find anybody to hit with. On top of those two, we now have a cold front moving in, so this is going to be a fun week to try and hit with these. Dammit. :(

If you're in Ft. Wayne Indiana I'll hit with you :)

CAM178
01-15-2008, 05:10 PM
If you're in Ft. Wayne Indiana I'll hit with you :)
Thanks for the offer, man, but I'm in Austin, TX. :)

CAM178
01-15-2008, 05:25 PM
In just swinging these racquets in my living room, the K95 and 001Mid+ feel the best. They just feel right. Both of the 90's are thin beams, which I tend to play better with, but we'll have to wait and see how they far tomorrow. Tomorrow will only be against a wall (thumbs down), but it's better than nothing.

TonyB
01-15-2008, 05:29 PM
In just swinging these racquets in my living room, the K95 and 001Mid+ feel the best. They just feel right. Both of the 90's are thin beams, which I tend to play better with, but we'll have to wait and see how they far tomorrow. Tomorrow will only be against a wall (thumbs down), but it's better than nothing.

I wouldn't put too much faith into how they feel when swinging in thin air. It's how they hit the ball that matters.

I've tried plenty of racquets that felt like gold when swinging freely, but failed miserably upon contact with an actual ball.

Hope you heal up fast so you can get out there on the courts.

CAM178
01-15-2008, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't put too much faith into how they feel when swinging in thin air. It's how they hit the ball that matters.
I've tried plenty of racquets that felt like gold when swinging freely, but failed miserably upon contact with an actual ball.
Hope you heal up fast so you can get out there on the courts.
Trust me, I know. When you're injured, this is the only thing you can do. I'm doing the best I can, and I can't wait to play tomorrow.

Quick note: one thing I learned is that there is no spinning of the 001's in the throat. Tried spinning it (sticking your forefinger in the throat and spinning it), and my finger got caught between the grommet guard in the throat and the frame. Ow. And I mean OWWWW! It crushed a nerve, and now I can't feel anything at the tip of my finger.

CAM178
01-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Results soon. Headed out now to hit with these racquets. Albeit against the wall, which is not real world at all, but it's better than nothing.

CAM178
01-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Initial results are in. This was only against a wall, not a person, so all of this is to be discounted untit I get actual court play with these sticks. Before I begin, I need to say that the initial results are biased, based on the strings. 3 of the 4 racquets are in desperate need of a string job. The 001 Mid has a brand new full Lux BB Power string job (came that way), so it's playability is going to automatically be better than the other 3. The other 3 have strings that have multiple black and/or red spots, i.e. they're about to break.

Also, keep in mind that I started with my n95 to warm up, so thereafter I went with the natural progression.

My impressions, in order of play:

1. K95: swings quite well. Feels good, and looks good. PJ does not distract. Thing that bothered me right off the bat was the 'ping' of the strings. I tried putting in a vibration dampener, but quickly took it out as it did exactly what I hate about them: deadens the racquet and takes away feel. The strings really killed how well I'm sure this thing could play, as it sure is maneuverable and very nice to stroke. Groundstrokes were a pleasure, and it reminded me quite a bit of my n95 and the PSC6.1. OH's and serves with this are things of beauty. Very nice pop, control, and feel. Very comparable overall to my n95. Mishits are not much of an issue. It is a stiff frame, but it has nice control.

2. 001 Mid+: very nice stick, and a pleasure to swing on groundies. Very nice feel, and it suits my swing style. Gives a strong feeling of control. Again, the strings detract from how I am sure this thing could swing. The only thing I didn't like about groundies (again, must be a string issue) is that it took quite a bit of effort to put some mustard on the ball. Might just be strung too tight. OH's and serves were nice. Nicely controlled and accuracy is not a problem. This racquet is of interest when I get actual hitting, as I bet this will come alive out on the court.

3. K90: now I see why Federer plays the way he does with this. If you hit it cleanly, it is nice. Really nice. But if you mishit it, this thing is shank city, and it can spray wildly. This demo is far from new (plays like it's been through hell and back), and had the crappiest strings of the bunch. So it's getting the most raw deal of the bunch. That aside, groundies are nice and it is surprisingly well-behaved when hitting shots out-of-position. I was nicely surprised by it's composure when forced to hit an odd shot. Also, this racquet really surprised me in terms of one area that I thougt would not be an issue at all: flexibility. It had far too much flex for me. Yes, it is stiff, but I could really feel the flex on my FH with some mustard in particular. When I had high balls, it was a nice feeling to crush them. OH's and serves were nice. Good pop and control. Surprising, based on so-so results on ground. I would want to compare this to on of the Head Flexpoints, based on the flexibility of this racquet, which makes me want to question what the hell this poor demo has been through. It's like a worn-out rubber band, so far. I hope my opinion changes when I hit with someone.

4. 001 Mid: MAN! What a stick! This racquet is incredible, so far. But it has the new Lux strings, so it has a very unfair advantage over the others. That aside, this racquet plays beautifully off the ground, OH's, and serves. All were pinpoint accurate, and the racquet felt like it was an extension of my arm. Just perfect. Only complaint was that my arm hurt afterwards, but that is to be expected when I play with a full Lux string job. Can't wait to see how this thing plays in real time!

So far, my rankings are:
1. 001 Mid
2. K95
3. 001 Mid+
4. K90

This poor K90 needs to be retired or trashed. It has had it. Seems like too many temperature changes, string jobs, and possible abuse from previous testing. I know it should play much differently than it does, so I am anxious to hit real-time with it.

CAM178
01-16-2008, 06:53 PM
If there is anything that anybody wants to know specifically about these sticks, let me know, and I will try and work on that. I might be able to get someone to hit with me Fri afternoon, but it is not definite. I've got a few people to hit with on Sat and Sun, so I'll try to set up some vids from Sat and Sun.

Let me know what y'all want as to these racquets.

lilxjohnyy
01-16-2008, 07:22 PM
hey can you compare k95 to rds 001 mid thanks !!!

CAM178
01-16-2008, 08:27 PM
hey can you compare k95 to rds 001 mid thanks !!!
Both swing very easily and freely. 001 seems to have a bit more pop, but again, I think that's unfortunately due to strings. I will know a lot more on Sat.

lilxjohnyy
01-16-2008, 08:46 PM
which one felt more "crisp"??

TonyB
01-16-2008, 08:48 PM
The RDS 001 mid kicks major butt. I'm just starting to figure out the kick serves after using it for about 2 months now.

Incredible stick. I can't believe none of the pros are using it.

lilxjohnyy
01-16-2008, 08:52 PM
i remeber an experience with RDS 001 mid about ...2 years ago . i kicked *** with it (i broke string on racket and had to use coaches). i remeber serving 5 aces like in a row. too bad i completely forgot about it until now. i want to see if i still play good with it

chopstxnrice
01-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the offer, man, but I'm in Austin, TX. :)

I go to UT -_-

CAM178
01-17-2008, 04:15 AM
which one felt more "crisp"?? They both feel crisp. It's hard to tell just hitting against the wall. I had plans to go out and play today, but yikes: the temp outside right now is 32. I'm just crazy enough to play in weather like this, though. Back to topic, though, sorry. I can't say which one is more crisp, as they both feel nice. I think the K95 will come alive with real hitting. Right now, against the wall, it just doesn't feel the way that I thought it would.

The real test will be hitting with someone. I'm as anxious as all of you to do that, and I will let you know ASAP how these play on court.

CAM178
01-17-2008, 04:15 AM
I go to UT -_- You a good player?

Azzurri
01-17-2008, 04:31 AM
its too bad you have had all these weather problems, injuires and no one to play with. I was interested to hear how the 001 mid and K90 compared. You are right about the string situation. Its hard to judge when they are a bit different. While I agree you can get some feedback from hitting against a wall, its not really anything like playing. I hope people that read this thread understand that when you rank the racquets. I am curious to know how your perceptions will change after you play an opponent. Good luck!:)

will check back in a few days.

chopstxnrice
01-17-2008, 07:32 AM
You a good player?

dont wanna sound arrogant or anything. from your posts it sounds like you are a better player, but im sure i can hold my own just rallying. I've been out for a while from wrist tendonitis so i might not be able to play yet. are you in college? or what part of austin?

CAM178
01-17-2008, 07:46 AM
dont wanna sound arrogant or anything. from your posts it sounds like you are a better player, but im sure i can hold my own just rallying. I've been out for a while from wrist tendonitis so i might not be able to play yet. are you in college? or what part of austin?
No worries, and sorry if I came off as arrogant. I just want someone who can keep the ball in play for at least 20 shots when rallying, that's all. No, I'm very much out of college. Take care of that wrist, as that's a bear of an injury for tennis. I should know: I've had it. Maybe we'll get out and hit some in the spring. I live in the Arboretum area.

CAM178
01-19-2008, 02:50 PM
OVERALL: Well, I finally got a chance to get out and hit with these. As I suspected, what happened against the wall was not repeatable on the court. The racquet that shone on the court, where it matters, was the K95. I had a feeling that it might, as it is the newer replacement to my racquet.

YONEX: Both sticks felt far too light, and have an even balance feel, which does not suit me. Yes, I know they are supposed to be super headlight, but they sure don't play that way. There is no way that these weigh 12.1 & 11.7. They felt like my nPro as to weight, minus the pop of the nPro. The Yonexes swing nicely, but there is just nothing there as to natural pace. My normally weighted shot was landing midcourt, so I had to really pepper th ball to get it deep. And forget about winners. To hit a winner, I could almost hear my shoulder muscles, ligaments, and tendons saying 'WTF?!' I could easily see my arm and shoulder getting tired in matches due to effort. And I could also easily see elbow problems for me in the future with these racquets.

K90: Felt even worse on the court. It felt so flexible that I had to put it down almost immediately. It was a very stiff frame, but when I made contact with it, it felt just like a Flexpoint, in that there was a great deal of flexibility mid-throat. I was shocked that it played like that. Also, I had quite a few shankyouverymuch's with this racquet. If you slightly mishit it, it will shank the crap out of the ball. And it felt just a touch too heavy to me. I was a fraction of a second too late for the ball, and I am not about to retime my strokes just for a racquet.

K95: What a racquet. The closest racquet I can think of in comparison is the PSC6.1. At least to me, it is. It just felt so solid. Before I realized it, I had been hitting with the K95 for half of my hitting session this morning. Even with a crappy set of strings, it just felt very comfortable and I felt like I was at home. That bodes very, very well, as I can't even imagine how well this racquet will play with a good string combo in it. This is the racquet I am going to buy. I am not going to demo racquets for a long time. It's a Wilson, so am already comfortable with it. It's feel on groundstrokes is very solid, with a nice headlight feel, and a ton of pop when you need it. The weighting might be a bit heavy for some, but it's a perfect replacement for my n6.1. On no shot did I feel uncomfortable. It can shank on mishits, but not badly like the K90. Like any stiff racquet, when you mishit, it will shank a bit. But I like this even more than my n6.1.

for drakulie: drak, you had wanted a comparison between these sticks and the PSC6.1. The only one that felt like the PSC was the K95. The PSC felt very stable and solid, and had such a nice weight balance throughout. The PSC allowed such clean hitting, and gave such confidence no matter where you were in the court, and no matter how out of position you might have been. To me, the K95 takes that to another level with the power and confidence. The K95 does everything that the PSC did, but it just does it better.

Any questions? Just let me know, and I'll respond the best that I can.

TonyB
01-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Glad you found a racquet that suits you.

I'm surprised to hear the comments about the Yonex racquets. The MP certainly has decent power, but I agree that it's too light for grunt work. However, the mid just hits such a solid ball, with pace, that I'm surprised that you couldn't do anything with it. I think the "even balance" is a misperception. Fact is, Yonex is one of the only manufacturers around that still makes racquets that feel like an extension of your arm. Because of this, I think people don't notice the head light feel to it, because it swings so smoothly and without feeling polarized. And yes, the mid does weigh 12.1 oz. At least all of mine do, within 2 or 3 grams.

When I make solid contact with the ball with the RDS 001 mid, using a natural stroke, it's almost unreturnable. I've found it has sufficient power in all respects. Of course, I use a natural gut hybrid strung at mid tension. I'm not sure what your demo racquets were strung at.

Anyway, good luck with the K95.

nickb
01-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Nice reviews!

I agree with you on the Yonex's...they feel great in hand but have no power and feel harsh on court. I was the same...kept swinging and swinging...nothing. The RDX mid is the same...nice stick but no power to work with (even less than the K90). I like the K90 better but its tough over a 3 set match and causes more off days for me.

As for the K95...you dont find it too stiff? It was a tad stiff for me but it really is a monster at net and on serves. Very similar to the PSC. Think you will love it with your regular string setup.

Nick

nickb
01-19-2008, 03:15 PM
When I make solid contact with the ball with the RDS 001 mid, using a natural stroke, it's almost unreturnable.

Wow you must be unplayable! :)

TonyB
01-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Wow you must be unplayable! :)

I believe just about anyone rated 4.0+ can hit an unreturnable ball if they have a decent stroke and make good contact. It doesn't take a pro to hit a pro-like shot. But it does take a pro to hit a pro-like shot EVERY time.

My point was that I don't have to work MORE than my normal stroke to hit one of those shots. The racquet is more than capable of handling it. That's all I was really saying.

That's not to say that those other racquets don't have more inherent power. They may indeed. And the Yonex RDS is certainly not the highest powered racquet out there. But power isn't everything, especially when playing under 5.0 or thereabouts.

Pusher
01-19-2008, 03:51 PM
OVERALL: Well, I finally got a chance to get out and hit with these. As I suspected, what happened against the wall was not repeatable on the court. The racquet that shone on the court, where it matters, was the K95. I had a feeling that it might, as it is the newer replacement to my racquet.

[
K95: What a racquet. The closest racquet I can think of in comparison is the PSC6.1. At least to me, it is. It just felt so solid. Before I realized it, I had been hitting with the K95 for half of my hitting session this morning. Even with a crappy set of strings, it just felt very comfortable and I felt like I was at home. That bodes very, very well, as I can't even imagine how well this racquet will play with a good string combo in it. This is the racquet I am going to buy. I am not going to demo racquets for a long time. It's a Wilson, so am already comfortable with it. It's feel on groundstrokes is very solid, with a nice headlight feel, and a ton of pop when you need it. The weighting might be a bit heavy for some, but it's a perfect replacement for my n6.1. On no shot did I feel uncomfortable. It can shank on mishits, but not badly like the K90. Like any stiff racquet, when you mishit, it will shank a bit. But I like this even more than my n6.1.

I thought it would be a smooth transition from the N6.1 to the K95 but it didn't work out that way. Honestly, I see little these two frames have in common as the K95 is stiffer and more powerful. To me it feels more like a Babolat than a Wilson control frame. But I'm sure many people will like the K95-it just didn't suit me at all.

CAM178
01-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the comments.

As to the 001 Mid+, it just didn't have enough pop for me. And by weight, what I meant was that it feels like it weighs less, not that it does weigh less.

And as to whether or not the K95 is too stiff, it's not for me. Keep in mind that I have almost always played with stiff headlight racquets. And remember that I have the n6.1 currently, which was discontinued and replaced by the K95. So it's the logical choice. The K95 is nasty good, to me.

As to power not being everything, I agree to a certain extent. I have hit with racquets that were too powerful. But from 5.0 up, you need power on tap, and the 001's just don't have it, to me.

Racquets are different for everybody, thusly why there are so many racquets on the market. My comments/reviews are not to denigrate the racquets that I did not choose. We are all looking for the racquet that we like best, and for me, that is the K95.

****Also wanted to mention this: due to the poor weather we've been having down here, I asked TW if I could get the demos for another week. I said they could just go ahead and charge my card on file. Their response? "Yes feel free to keep them an additional week. I will not charge you for the additional week." I couldn't believe that. TW rocks, man. . . plain and simple. :) I'm going to return them at the original time, but it's good to know that I could have kept them for another week.

CAM178
01-19-2008, 04:18 PM
I thought it would be a smooth transition from the N6.1 to the K95 but it didn't work out that way. Honestly, I see little these two frames have in common as the K95 is stiffer and more powerful. To me it feels more like a Babolat than a Wilson control frame. But I'm sure many people will like the K95-it just didn't suit me at all.
Sorry to hear that. But like I said: to each his own. Racquets are going to play differently for everybody. I've even talked with people who played with the same racquet as I did (not just the n6.1), and they like it for completely different reasons.

JohnP
01-19-2008, 06:36 PM
CAM. I'm not even remotely surprised that you ended up with the reviews you did. I recently returned to the game as a former PSC user and demoed everything under the sun and ended up with the K95. But, I don't want you to forget about the 18x20 version. I bought two K95 16x18s after loving them to death, before I gave the 18x20 a chance. It ended up being a mistake, and I now have 3 18x20s as my racquets.

CAM178
01-19-2008, 07:19 PM
CAM. I'm not even remotely surprised that you ended up with the reviews you did. I recently returned to the game as a former PSC user and demoed everything under the sun and ended up with the K95. But, I don't want you to forget about the 18x20 version. I bought two K95 16x18s after loving them to death, before I gave the 18x20 a chance. It ended up being a mistake, and I now have 3 18x20s as my racquets.
What did you feel was the biggest difference between the two? Is it that significant? I ask just because I need to know. If I need to demo another one, then I've gotta do what I've gotta do.

JohnP
01-19-2008, 07:55 PM
What did you feel was the biggest difference between the two? Is it that significant? I ask just because I need to know. If I need to demo another one, then I've gotta do what I've gotta do.

The difference is not enormous, but it's significant enough that I had no reservations selling the K95 16x18s I bought and putting that into some 18x20s. There's alot of threads and posts on here about the differences between the two, that I read through extensively when I was deciding on racquets myself. The majority of posters preferred the 18x20 version, usually for the standard reasons (more control, etc).

There IS "more control" in a sense because the tighter pattern = less power, but to me the biggest differences were in feel and evenness. The standard PSC/N61/K61 16x18 pattern is very open in the top of the string bed. I traditionally hit high in the hoop and broke strings in the 3rd or maybe 4th cross down from the top with my old PSCs. You are probably as well aware of this as I am, but there is a very distinct feel when you hit the ball high in the hoop on the 16x18 wilsons, compared to hitting it in the middle. It is very easy to tell upon impact where you hit the ball in the stringbed. I never really realized it though until I played the 18x20 version of the same racquet. The string pattern is much tighter towards the top of the frame, and it feels very much the same high in the string bed as it does in the middle.

As soon as you hit with the 18x20 you will realize that distinct feel of hitting high in the hoop is gone. For me, I liked that, and noticed that my balls were coming off the racquet cleaner all around.

In addition, I believe overall feel was improved. I know that "Feel" is subjective but from your PSC heritage and your reviews of the K95 I would think there's a good chance you like a similar feel to me. For me, the 18x20 has an improved level of touch and feel all around compared to the 16x18. By far the best feeling volleys I have ever hit in my life have been with the K95 18x20.

At the end of the day, I hit certain shots better with certain other racquets (mostly my forehand) but I could not get myself to move away from getting the best touch and feel I could from a racquet. For me the K95 18x20 with a crisp multifilament and a leather grip with overwrap was tops.

Like I said previously, I had convinced myself I liked the 16x18 pattern better early on and it came back to bite me. For reference i'm a former college/open player (I was tournament rated 5.0 based on open results but never played NTRP) who is returning to the game after 6 years off. I have a strong one handed backhand, weak western grip forehand, and have always been more of a doubles player than singles. Touch, feel, placement, and net game have always been my strengths.

Hope that was helpful. Maybe the 16x18 is better for you but i'd hate to see you make the same mistake I did.

CAM178
01-19-2008, 08:48 PM
The difference is not enormous, but it's significant enough that I had no reservations selling the K95 16x18s I bought and putting that into some 18x20s. There's alot of threads and posts on here about the differences between the two, that I read through extensively when I was deciding on racquets myself. The majority of posters preferred the 18x20 version, usually for the standard reasons (more control, etc).

There IS "more control" in a sense because the tighter pattern = less power, but to me the biggest differences were in feel and evenness. The standard PSC/N61/K61 16x18 pattern is very open in the top of the string bed. I traditionally hit high in the hoop and broke strings in the 3rd or maybe 4th cross down from the top with my old PSCs. You are probably as well aware of this as I am, but there is a very distinct feel when you hit the ball high in the hoop on the 16x18 wilsons, compared to hitting it in the middle. It is very easy to tell upon impact where you hit the ball in the stringbed. I never really realized it though until I played the 18x20 version of the same racquet. The string pattern is much tighter towards the top of the frame, and it feels very much the same high in the string bed as it does in the middle.

As soon as you hit with the 18x20 you will realize that distinct feel of hitting high in the hoop is gone. For me, I liked that, and noticed that my balls were coming off the racquet cleaner all around.

In addition, I believe overall feel was improved. I know that "Feel" is subjective but from your PSC heritage and your reviews of the K95 I would think there's a good chance you like a similar feel to me. For me, the 18x20 has an improved level of touch and feel all around compared to the 16x18. By far the best feeling volleys I have ever hit in my life have been with the K95 18x20.

At the end of the day, I hit certain shots better with certain other racquets (mostly my forehand) but I could not get myself to move away from getting the best touch and feel I could from a racquet. For me the K95 18x20 with a crisp multifilament and a leather grip with overwrap was tops.

Like I said previously, I had convinced myself I liked the 16x18 pattern better early on and it came back to bite me. For reference i'm a former college/open player (I was tournament rated 5.0 based on open results but never played NTRP) who is returning to the game after 6 years off. I have a strong one handed backhand, weak western grip forehand, and have always been more of a doubles player than singles. Touch, feel, placement, and net game have always been my strengths.

Hope that was helpful. Maybe the 16x18 is better for you but i'd hate to see you make the same mistake I did.
Damn! Thanks for the input, man. :) Seriously. Very well worded and thought out. You gave me more than I thought I would get, but you gave me the exact info I needed. And we are around the same level, so your words carry extra weight.

I'm interested to see what the difference will be between the two. Like you, I've always played with the 'open' string pattern, as I didn't want to give up spin potential. But now I'm really curious. Hmmmm. . .

2 questions:
1. Is there much of a power dropoff between the two?
2. Will a pack of string be enough to string an 18 x 20 racquet?

Again, many many thanks, man. I look forward to hearing back from you.

JohnP
01-20-2008, 01:26 AM
2 questions:
1. Is there much of a power dropoff between the two?
2. Will a pack of string be enough to string an 18 x 20 racquet?

Again, many many thanks, man. I look forward to hearing back from you.

About the power drop-off. I have mixed feelings about it. There is a significant difference, but I think that with string tension you can make a 16x18 and an 18x20 racquet have the same amount of power. For me, it's been nice because I always used to string my PSC's really high (67-68 lbs) and i'm finding that the upper end of the K95 18x20 (60lbs) is actually a bit too much. I like the fact that I am probably going to start stringing it a bit lower and in the natural range for the racquet.

If you get a 16x18 and 18x20 with the same string and tension, the 18x20 will have much less power. At the end of the day you can string either racquet at any tension (or with any kind of string) to get the power level you want so it seems like the real comparison should be with each racquet strung at the power level the player desires. Just a theory of mine, I haven't done a whole lot of subjective testing as i've only gone through a handful of string jobs.

For me the other factors were much more important than the power level which is why I only gave a passing thought to the power level in my last post.

A pack of string is able to string the 18x20 racquet without issue. I strung it with a pack of NRG2 at 60lbs and had about 2 feet leftover. I really found a significant difference in string wear too, i've been really surprised how much time i'm getting out of my strings in the 18x20. It's a nice side-benefit of the tighter pattern (although stringing takes slightly longer).

CAM178
01-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Okay. Thanks again, John. I'm going to give the 18 x 20 a whirl and see if it's what I need.

Azzurri
01-22-2008, 04:02 AM

YONEX: Both sticks felt far too light, and have an even balance feel, which does not suit me. Yes, I know they are supposed to be super headlight, but they sure don't play that way. There is no way that these weigh 12.1 & 11.7. They felt like my nPro as to weight, minus the pop of the nPro. The Yonexes swing nicely, but there is just nothing there as to natural pace. My normally weighted shot was landing midcourt, so I had to really pepper th ball to get it deep. And forget about winners. To hit a winner, I could almost hear my shoulder muscles, ligaments, and tendons saying 'WTF?!' I could easily see my arm and shoulder getting tired in matches due to effort. And I could also easily see elbow problems for me in the future with these racquets.

K90: Felt even worse on the court. It felt so flexible that I had to put it down almost immediately. It was a very stiff frame, but when I made contact with it, it felt just like a Flexpoint, in that there was a great deal of flexibility mid-throat. I was shocked that it played like that. Also, I had quite a few shankyouverymuch's with this racquet. If you slightly mishit it, it will shank the crap out of the ball. And it felt just a touch too heavy to me. I was a fraction of a second too late for the ball, and I am not about to retime my strokes just for a racquet.

for drakulie: drak, you had wanted a comparison between these sticks and the PSC6.1. The only one that felt like the PSC was the K95. The PSC felt very stable and solid, and had such a nice weight balance throughout. The PSC allowed such clean hitting, and gave such confidence no matter where you were in the court, and no matter how out of position you might have been. To me, the K95 takes that to another level with the power and confidence. The K95 does everything that the PSC did, but it just does it better.

Why do you think the K95 was not heavy, but the K90 was? They weigh nearly the same and have nearly the same HL. (K90 12.5 oz 9pts and K95 12.3 8pts).

CAM178
01-22-2008, 07:12 AM
Why do you think the K95 was not heavy, but the K90 was? They weigh nearly the same and have nearly the same HL. (K90 12.5 oz 9pts and K95 12.3 8pts).
To me it was how they swung. I thought it weird, too, as I knew the specs coming out onto the court. But the 90 seemed to require just a bit more heft through the strike zone. The 95 was just easier to swing, and a more direct replacement to my current stick.

JohnP
01-30-2008, 01:37 PM
So i'm guessing CAM is either having a blast demoing both racquets back to back, or he got frustrated, gave up, and quit tennis.

CAM178
01-30-2008, 03:36 PM
I quit tennis. ;-) Kidding. I'm on the phone. . . back in a bit.

CAM178
01-30-2008, 04:05 PM
The Yonex are out of the pic, as is the K90. The Yonex were nice, but not that nice. Just don't suit me and my game. The K90 was nice, but it had far too much throat flex for me. Really felt like a Head. I love how the Heads feel, but I could not stand that spongy feel right before contact, and during initial contact. Specs don't matter a bit, thusly why I never give them much credence.

I'm going with the K6.1 95 in the 16x18 string pattern. I hit with both K6.1 95's today (16x18 & 18x20), & the 18x20 just did not offer enough spin. Granted, it is probably the crap strings that came in the demo, but the 16x18 has a similar string (in similarly crap condition), and the 16x18 generated loads of spin. As well, the 16x18 felt like it had another gear of power. The 18x20 just didn't feel right. It felt like a different racquet. It also felt a bit more spongy/flexy than the 16x18. The 16x18 just felt great. Truth be told, I just called around looking for my old racquets (in sig), but they are too hard to find. Plus, if I like the K95 with crappy strings, then I bet I'm going to love it with my string combo.

Here is a prediction, and I have not said this about another racquet since I played with the stick I am about to reference: I bet that the K6.1 16x18 with the right string combo will play just like my old PSC6.1 95. Now THAT is a bold prediction, as I felt like the PSC6.1 was a gift from the gods, it was such a great stick. This K95 16x18 has that feel. It is so stable, it is nice and stiff, and swings SO cleanly. Very, very smooth. I think we have a winnah!

basil J
01-30-2008, 04:16 PM
18 x 20 strung at 58# with VS gut has as much power as the 16 x 18 and loads of touch, feel & control. Just too damn stiff for my old shoulder. I wish I could get my hands on an ncode 18 x 20 and try that frame with gut. I played today using my usual 200Gmw against a guy I played a couple of weeks ago with the kfactor and he saw a drop off in power and weight of shots today with the Dunlop. Thats the big trade off: stiff frames=excellent directional control and power, Felixble frames =comfort, spin, low power and feel. If wilson would only put out a 6.1 with a stiffness rating around 62, then we would have a real winner. The feel of wilsons is really distinct and solid.

Applesauceman
01-30-2008, 06:22 PM
CAM178, here's your opportunity to try Lux in the crosses :) I recently picked up (2) K95 16x18 here in the For Sale or Trade section, couldn't pass on the price. I was looking for something with a little bigger sweetspot but similar weight compared to the Prince Diablo Mid 93 that I currently play with. Prior to this deal coming up, I ordered (2) Prince Ozone Pro Tours 18x20 after demoing them at my club. The weight was very close to my Diablos, and I really enjoyed the 18x20 string pattern.

BTW, must be nice being able to go outside and hit in Texas, I'm freezing my ***** off up here in Michigan!

CAM178
01-30-2008, 06:51 PM
CAM178, here's your opportunity to try Lux in the crosses :) I recently picked up (2) K95 16x18 here in the For Sale or Trade section, couldn't pass on the price. I was looking for something with a little bigger sweetspot but similar weight compared to the Prince Diablo Mid 93 that I currently play with. Prior to this deal coming up, I ordered (2) Prince Ozone Pro Tours 18x20 after demoing them at my club. The weight was very close to my Diablos, and I really enjoyed the 18x20 string pattern.
BTW, must be nice being able to go outside and hit in Texas, I'm freezing my ***** off up here in Michigan!
So are you playing with the Ozone or the K95? Also, yeah, I hit today, but it was windy as f***. Today was the 1st time I've seen a lob dropshot. He hit a lob that landed midway between the service line and the baseline. I get set to hit an OH and . . . the ball just died. The wind hit it, and it just died. Both of us started laughing. And it was getting chilly.

Yeah, I know about cold: I was living in NH for 3 years, until '07 when I moved here. The cold and snow and ice was part of why I left NH.

Applesauceman
01-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Currently I'm playing with the Diablo Mid. Just received the K95s in the mail yesterday. I played with the n95s for a brief period, but kept going back to the Diablo for those crunch USTA matches. I feel that I probably didn't give the n95s a fair chance. I haven't received the Ozones yet, but I just couldn't pass up on either deal. I can always sell the ones I decide against, except for my Diablos...those I keep in reserve...just in case. Won't have a chance to try the K95s until Saturday morning drill.

CAM178
01-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Too funny: I almost switched to that exact same stick (Diablo) 3 yrs ago. Great stick. I just couldn't see myself playing with a Prince. I've bled Wilson for so long that I thought I would be cheating.

Applesauceman
01-30-2008, 07:14 PM
It's hard too, my club pro gets great deals on Prince because she's sponsored. Plus, I've played with Prince racquets since high school, occassionally trying other brands, but always finding my way back to Prince, so I can relate to bleeding Wilson, or in my case, Prince.

JohnP
01-31-2008, 09:45 AM
That's funny guys, the other racquet I looked at really hard was the Prince Hybrid Tour 18x20. I even hunted one down and bought one to give it a long demo. In the end, I couldn't get over the muted feel of the Hybrid Tour compared to the K95. Knowing that alot of that is from the o ports, i've wondered if the Diablo MP wouldn't be a stick i'd like, but I was never able to try one.

About the PSC: i'm sure the reason I ended up with the K95 was because it was the closest feel to the PSC which I played with when I was younger. The 16x18 feels extremely similar in my opinion, the 18x20 is pretty close but has a slightly different feel. I've never tried the N95, but numerous reviews indicate that the K95 is a move "back" in the direction of the classic, just being a bit stiffer.

I'm glad you gave the 18x20 a try, and i'm glad you settled on a stick.

Applesauceman
01-31-2008, 12:38 PM
I never was able to demo the Prince Hybrid Tour in 16x18 or 18x20, and that racquet seemed very much like one that I would like, similar to your feelings on the Diablo MP. Hmmm...now you have me thinking...oh, I don't need another racquet!!

CAM178
01-31-2008, 12:54 PM
^^Yes, to compound things for me: the KBlade Tour demo just came in today from TW. So nice and fresh. . . plastic still on the handle, fresh strings, fresh stencil. . . I was like a kid at Christmas looking at that thing. I just hope I don't like it, as that's really going to f*** things up for this new stick decision.

Applesauceman
01-31-2008, 01:10 PM
I know, I so want to try that one too. F*** beans!!

CAM178
01-31-2008, 01:19 PM
I know, I so want to try that one too. F*** beans!!
Well, this should be good news for you: I'm returning the KBlade Tour tomorrow. I'm only going to hit with it for a few minutes. TW said I could keep it for a week, but I don't need to. I know this is a hot stick right now, b/c of Joker, so I want to get it back to TW ASAP so that other people can try it out. You'll get it soon enough. :)

TsongaBonga
01-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Cool good luck, I really like the yonex.

nickb
01-31-2008, 02:26 PM
Cam:

I string for a guy who is having trouble choosing a stick...he has around 6-8 K 95s and 8ish ncodes...he cant decide and keeps floating between the two...he's around 900ATP now and uses the 18*20's. Today he just got some more ncodes from wilson as he favours the ncode slightly.

Just reminded me of this thread!

Nick

CAM178
02-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Guys, I'm even more confused than ever now. I just played with the KBlade Tour, and it is a pretty sweet stick. Only issue I see is power. It has great feel and control, but is down on power as compared to the K6.1 95 I'm demoing against it. This KBlade is pretty sweet. It also helps that it has fresh strings, though.

Applesauceman
02-01-2008, 05:24 PM
CAM178, you're going to be the death of me...the KBlade Tour's really sweet eh?

CAM178
02-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Man, it is that sweet. I hit with it again tonight. The K95 is definitely a lot more powerful. Almost too much so. And the KBlade Tour is very control oriented. I was fully expecting the 18x20 bed in the Blade to hamper spin, but it doesn't at all. It provides a lot of spin, and the weight and build provide a real nice pop. On big approach shots, I could far more easily control with the Blade than with the K95. The K95 swings through the ball far more easily, but hit off-center with it once, and it feels like crap. Hit off center with the Blade, and it is very forgiving. The Blade feels more even balanced, but the weight is very nice. The specs are perfect for me, and it really plays like the specs. For my strokes, the Blade is very nice.

I'm playing a former ATP player tomorrow, and I fully expect the match to be over with quickly. Afterwards, I am going to see if he'll hit with me for a bit so that I can get a good feel for both sticks. Right now, the Blade is leading the charge.

Damn damn DAMN!!

Applesauceman
02-03-2008, 08:39 AM
CAM178, I'm interested to hear more about your findings with the KBlade Tour...please start a new thread or something. It really sounds like the Diablo Mid with a denser stringbed.

CAM178
02-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Okay, I'm going to start a new thread. I'm going with the K6.1 95, by the way.

CAM178
02-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Update: going with either ProStaff Tour 95, or staying with my stick.

jwdickens1962
02-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Let me know if it is the new RDS 001

John

nickb
02-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Update: going with either ProStaff Tour 95, or staying with my stick.

Do you find the PS Tour 95 to be stable?

I found it felt like a toy when compared to the N95...very unstable and got pushed around for me..

Nick

nikosrf
02-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Why don't you try the RDS002 TOUR.
Has more power and weight than the 001s

sargeinaz
02-16-2008, 02:17 PM

I found it felt like a toy when compared to the N95...very unstable and got pushed around for me..

Nick

This is kind of random, but I just bought an n95 and I love the thing. So stable, great power and plow through. A very nice stick indeed with a sharp paint job to boot!
________
HotXCandy (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/HotXCandy/)

CAM178
03-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Nick
Wow, sorry for the delay in responding, Nick. You are 100% correct about the PST95: I hated it. I thought I needed to go down in weight, but it was truly too 'old school' for me. I've decided to stick with my N6.1 95's. I'm still tinkering with the notion of the K6.1 95's, but there are just too many negatives. Like some on here have said, I'm just going to bypass this K-line until the next ProStaff iteration comes out. Hopefully that will be sooner than later, as Wilson is having a tough time selling these things, from all reports. Wilson confounds me: every single time they have a best-selling racquet (N6.1 95, for example), they choose to discontinue it. I mean, how in the f*** does that make any sense? Give it a new paintjob, but don't discontinue it. The differences (to me) between the K & the N are too big of a chasm for me to try and jump across. I'll stick with the N for now.

Sorry for the delay, guys/gals!

lawrence
03-09-2008, 07:29 PM
hey CAM can i ask what made you decide to go with the k95? ive tossing up between the same as you did, k95 and kblade, and i find with heavier rackets (ps85 currently) i tend to overhit a bit
but perhaps the k95 has more spin potential than the 85? i really dont know which one haha

CAM178
03-09-2008, 07:34 PM
hey CAM can i ask what made you decide to go with the k95? ive tossing up between the same as you did, k95 and kblade, and i find with heavier rackets (ps85 currently) i tend to overhit a bit
but perhaps the k95 has more spin potential than the 85? i really dont know which one haha
You did see that I'm sticking with the N, right? That's what I said in the previous post. I decided not to go with the K.