PDA

View Full Version : Racquet extension, what's involved?

Maestro Nalbandian
01-10-2008, 10:33 AM
I've heard it's possible to extend an 27" racquet to 27.5", what's involved? Is't a DIY job? Thanks

thanu
01-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I think it's better if you get one of the big customizing companies to do it. I've had racquets extended by JCS and Bosworth. JCS and RPNY remold the handle and can extend the racquet up to .5" and that will cost you $70-$85. I just had Bosworth extend a couple Agassi LE Radical racquets 1", so they are now 28". They charge $40 per racquet. All the companies charge you for return shipping, so factor that in. Bosworth adds an extension to the handle and epoxy the buttcap back on.

-Thanu

Bobble
04-16-2008, 11:04 AM
sorry to bump this old thread. Hopefully Thanu sees this because i'm wondering if you have had any stability issues with the bosworth extension...sounds like a great price, thanks

thanu
04-16-2008, 12:21 PM
The only problem I had with them (Bosworth) extending the racquet is that they take a long time.. and they don't answer emails and you have to do everything by phone. It's pretty cheap compared to rpny and the other places, but they just add an extension and they didn't remold the grip. I would say if you want to extend a racquet by half an inch or need a different shape use rpny or jcs, but if you need a full inch, go to bosworth.

Thanu

zebano
04-16-2008, 12:48 PM
I've got to ask why? I played with a 28" stick for years and while I loved the service, the maneuverability that came with goign to a 27" is amazing when I serve and volley.

Bobble
04-16-2008, 02:24 PM
I've got to ask why? I played with a 28" stick for years and while I loved the service, the maneuverability that came with goign to a 27" is amazing when I serve and volley.

I'm only looking for a half inch, and just wanted thanu's advice on bosworth. I just want to make sure an extension wouldnt come loose or be low quality...which i am still wondering

Bobble
04-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Bump...Can anyone give me any information as to the stability of having an "extension" put on the buttcap by, say, Bosworth. Any other negative experiences?

thanu
04-18-2008, 06:25 PM
It's stable.. and it does add weight.. one extension adds half an ounce.. that is what they told me.. I didn't weigh it. It's stable too, and they expoxy the buttcap back on.

Thanu