PDA

View Full Version : Is there going to be a kSix-Two racquet?

JavierLW
01-10-2008, 05:58 PM
I use the nCode nSix-Two and was just wondering.

YULitle
01-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Yes, there is.

JavierLW
01-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Yes, there is.

does anyone know anything about it?

racquet_jedi
01-12-2008, 12:18 PM
I saw it (or at least the description in a catalogue) when the Wilson rep at my club had all of the new K racquets two months ago in November...

I imagine it to look like the K-Pro Open with white...

I'm interested in it as well...

By the way, what's your grip-size?

racquet_jedi
01-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Well, here it is:

http://media.wilson.com/media/wilson/racquet/images/products/tennis/rackets/lg/K6_2_lg_41ec5.png

The guys at Wilson must have heard me when I said that a little more white on this racquet wouldn't have hurt anyone...

adams_1
01-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Interesting. Wouldn't happen to have any numbers to go with the picture would you?

racquet_jedi
01-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Sorry, all I have are these bags of cheetoes:

SPECS
Headsize: 100"
Strung Weight: 10.6 oz.
Length: 27"
String Pattern: 16 x 19
Strung Balance: 2 pts. HL
Cross Section: 25mm
Grip Sizes: 0 - 5
Stock Number: WRT7960

Wilson has all of the new K's on their site now...

racquet_jedi
01-19-2008, 07:19 PM
http://media.wilson.com/media/wilson/racquet/images/products/tennis/rackets/lg/K6_2_lg_41ec5.png
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/big/N62-big.jpg

In my opinion, the nCode version looks way more bad-***...

JavierLW
01-19-2008, 08:35 PM
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/big/N62-big.jpg

In my opinion, the nCode version looks way more bad-***...

I agree, that's because it has more black. Although it looks better with a black grip.

I use a 4 1/2 btw. I usually add about 6-8 grams of lead tape underneath the grip, right above the butt cap as well, otherwise I never could get enough feedback. I also use all Natural Gut (Wilson) strings.

I have 3 of them, so Im not sure if it's worth jumping over unless something amazing happens when I demo it. That's kind of a major investment since Im likely to want more than one if I like it. (2007 was the first year I DIDNT buy a completely new racquet since 2001)

If it had a bit more heft it might be better for my groundstrokes, but Im serving and volleying awesomely with the nSix-Two, and since I play mostly doubles it works out pretty well.

racquet_jedi
01-19-2008, 10:29 PM
That's a relief, I use 4 3/8, now I know that I won't have to worry about anything...

My Six-Twos are working out well for me so I don't think I'll be switching soon (I'd take maybe a year to a couple of years)...

If the KSix-Two happens to be better when, or if, I demo it, then I'd probably buy some (when it's 100 bucks a pop of course)...

I have 8 grams at 9 and 8 grams at 3 along with an unknown mass of rubberbands. Unfortunately I don't know the exact weight or balance of my racquets, I do know, however, that they are headlight and about a hair or so away from being balanced the same...

A black grip and white strings looks cool, though Tournagrip doesn't look too bad on it either.

JavierLW
01-20-2008, 08:51 AM
That's a relief, I use 4 3/8, now I know that I won't have to worry about anything...

My Six-Twos are working out well for me so I don't think I'll be switching soon (I'd take maybe a year to a couple of years)...

If the KSix-Two happens to be better when, or if, I demo it, then I'd probably buy some (when it's 100 bucks a pop of course)...

I have 8 grams at 9 and 8 grams at 3 along with an unknown mass of rubberbands. Unfortunately I don't know the exact weight or balance of my racquets, I do know, however, that they are headlight and about a hair or so away from being balanced the same...

A black grip and white strings looks cool, though Tournagrip doesn't look too bad on it either.

Im not sure if it's headlight anymore with 16 extra grams in the hoop, Id have to run the USRSA calculator on that.

I recently tryed to put 2 grams each at 3 and 9, and 4 grams at 6, but I had different strings in it (red x1 biphase strings), so it wasnt a good comparison because my biphase strings are dead, especially compared to my usual racquet with Natural Gut.

I went thru the same thing when I had the Triad 5.0. My friend is a Wilson Rep who was using the 5.0 and switched the T5 when it came out. I tryed it one day in a lesson, and it felt just a little bit more solid, so then I had to get it. Although at the time I was switching racquets every year and didnt think much of it.

racquet_jedi
01-20-2008, 04:36 PM
I balanced it on the very tip of my finger and it does come up head light, there's probably at least more than 16 grams inside the handle, I really need a scale...

JavierLW
01-20-2008, 10:08 PM
I balanced it on the very tip of my finger and it does come up head light, there's probably at least more than 16 grams inside the handle, I really need a scale...

16 grams that you added, or did you just count the original estimated weight?

racquet_jedi
01-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Hmm, good point, rephrased, there should be 16 grams worth of lead at 3 and 9, but I don't know for sure...

JavierLW
01-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Hmm, good point, rephrased, there should be 16 grams worth of lead at 3 and 9, but I don't know for sure...

I know what you mean.

what kind of game do you have?

My strengths are serving, and volleying at the net (I serve and volley in doubles but not singles). I think my groundstrokes are pretty good compared to a lot of the other 3.5 players, especially my backhand, although I mostly hit for placement and not a lot of power unless I have to.

My fear is as I encounter the 4.0/4.5 players (I played a 4.0 singles tournament and faced a guy who had appealed down from 4.5), Im going to need more weight in the head to meet those hard hit shots. (if I manage to swing at them)

Otherwise with the 6-8 extra grams I put under the handle, I really love how the racquet feels now, so Im trying to find a way to balance those two things.

racquet_jedi
01-29-2008, 07:28 PM
I have a baseline game, and I noticed that the last time I played, I hit the ball harder than I thought I did...

My serve is okay, I'd think of it as fast, but inconsistent...

I don't usually come to the net (I don't see too many drop shots come my way either) though I'm pretty decent at volleying.

In stock form, I do think this racquet is suited to serve-and-volley, it was too unstable for me in stock form, so I added some weight to the 3 and 9 positions and close to 14 or so grams in the handle...

JavierLW
01-29-2008, 08:13 PM
I have a baseline game, and I noticed that the last time I played, I hit the ball harder than I thought I did...

My serve is okay, I'd think of it as fast, but inconsistent...

I don't usually come to the net (I don't see too many drop shots come my way either) though I'm pretty decent at volleying.

In stock form, I do think this racquet is suited to serve-and-volley, it was too unstable for me in stock form, so I added some weight to the 3 and 9 positions and close to 14 or so grams in the handle...

how did you put weight in the handle, by actually putting it inside the handle, or by using lead tape?

Ive been putting lead tape underneath the replacement grip and covering it with clear packaging tape. If it's the 1/4inch kind and you wrap it around the handle (4 in diameter for mine) it's a gram.

But the problem I have with that method is when I want to add more, I have to put a new replacement grip on. I use an overgrip so normally I dont replace the replacement grip all that often. (especially not in the winter/indoor season)

Ive mostly been playing counterpunch tennis (except at the net where Im very aggressive) with this racquet up until the last year or so where Ive started to do a lot of damage from the baseline as well.

I probally have a few bad habits to overcome before I get too serious about changing the weight or going to another stick. (like on my one handed backhand, I get lazy at times and completely dont use my off hand which means that I will never be able to put enough on a heavier racquet to make use of it)

racquet_jedi
01-29-2008, 08:16 PM
how did you put weight in the handle, by actually putting it inside the handle, or by using lead tape?

Ive been putting lead tape underneath the replacement grip and covering it with clear packaging tape. If it's the 1/4inch kind and you wrap it around the handle (4 in diameter for mine) it's a gram.

But the problem I have with that method is when I want to add more, I have to put a new replacement grip on. I use an overgrip so normally I dont replace the replacement grip all that often. (especially not in the winter/indoor season)

Ive mostly been playing counterpunch tennis (except at the net where Im very aggressive) with this racquet up until the last year or so where Ive started to do a lot of damage from the baseline as well.

I probally have a few bad habits to overcome before I get too serious about changing the weight or going to another stick. (like on my one handed backhand, I get lazy at times and completely dont use my off hand which means that I will never be able to put enough on a heavier racquet to make use of it)

Yes, I put it in inside the handle, putting it in via trapdoor, I'm almost completely sure that it will stay put...

I just use replacement grips now as they last longer than overgrips and my dad complains whenever I tell him that my overgrip is worn out after about a week...

He keeps going on about something about I don't know the difference between an old grip and a new grip and I'm not even good or anything, which clearly explains why I can play doubles with people on varsity and win...

JavierLW
01-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Yes, I put it in inside the handle, putting it in via trapdoor, I'm almost completely sure that it will stay put...

I just use replacement grips now as they last longer than overgrips and my dad complains whenever I tell him that my overgrip is worn out after about a week...

He keeps going on about something about I don't know the difference between an old grip and a new grip and I'm not even good or anything, which clearly explains why I can play doubles with people on varsity and win...

Do you use lead tape inside of the handle? I did that a couple times when I wanted to add weight without removing the replacement grip.

I usually taped it right on the divider. On one racquet it came up and I could hear it clicking inside the racquet while I was in a tournament, but usually it seemed to stay.

I have to use H2O overgrip because my hands sweat a ton in the summer, and it's the only grip that seems to handle that thru a whole match. (tournagrip seems to harsh and gets ripped up way too easily)

I used Wilson Pro and it has a great feel to it, but it doesnt usually last me that long, and I got tired of changing it all the time.

racquet_jedi
01-29-2008, 09:12 PM
^^No, I didn't used lead tape because I didn't have enough to put into the handle, so I stuffed cotton down the sides (a lot of it) and rubberbanded five nails together and put it in their...

I checked a little while ago and they're still in place...