PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Aerogel 500 Tour

Chicken Neck
01-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Being the racquetaholic that I am I just picked up a couple of these and after having tried the "regular" Aerogel 500, which I absolutely hated, I think that I have finally found a possible replacement for my Tecnifibre 335s. I have a pair of T Flash 310s which I like but am now selling because they just were not quite right for me. Now, however, I believe I have the racquet that can help compensate for for my old age (43) which is starting to make the TF335 too much racquet for me. This stick does a little bit more of the work for me which, sadly, is becoming necessary.

louis netman
01-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Being the racquetaholic that I am I just picked up a couple of these and after having tried the "regular" Aerogel 500, which I absolutely hated, I think that I have finally found a possible replacement for my Tecnifibre 335s. I have a pair of T Flash 310s which I like but am now selling because they just were not quite right for me. Now, however, I believe I have the racquet that can help compensate for for my old age (43) which is starting to make the TF335 too much racquet for me. This stick does a little bit more of the work for me which, sadly, is becoming necessary.

I hear you about the dilemma of aging:-(. Unfortunately, the frames that supposedly help us out are also more tough on our aging joints....

bigdaddy
01-11-2008, 09:10 AM
I've had the 500 Tour since it came out. I love this racquet!!! No joint problems so far but the racquet is still, but I like them on the stiff side. You can't go wrong with the 500 Tour. :)

bigdaddy
01-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Correction, the racquet is stiff I meant to say.

Chicken Neck
01-11-2008, 03:35 PM
I used the Aerogel last night and played really well with it. Serves are absolutely effortless with very good pace and heavy spin. The main benefit from this racquet, for me, is that the extra pop it afford me compensates a bit for my lag in preparation while on the run. I find that I can produce a deep, solid return with very little backswing. The only real weakness I have found with this frame is on the volley. Specifically the drop volley as there is a slight deficiency in the touch department (both mine and the racquets). Overall this is one of the most positive preliminary experiences I have ever had with a racquet.