PDA

View Full Version : Is the Fischer grip shape similar to the Prince grip shape?

BruceG
01-10-2008, 10:33 PM
I keep seeing in reviews that the Fischer grip shape is squarer than Wilsons and Babs. Does that mean its close to the Prince grip shape or is there another brand it resembles more ?

0d1n
01-11-2008, 01:13 AM
It's pretty unique in my experience. The fischer handle feels nothing like a prince handle to me. Fischer feels square and Prince feels round (can't find the bevels properly with synthetic grips and overgrips with Prince).

bagung
01-11-2008, 02:49 AM
prince feel round....

BruceG
01-11-2008, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE=BruceG;1992121]I keep seeing in reviews that the Fischer grip shape is squarer than Wilsons and Babs. Does that mean its close to the Prince grip shape or is there another brand it resembles more ?[QUOTE]

BruceG
01-11-2008, 11:49 AM
prince feel round....

I disagree but that wasn't the point of my question. If you DONT think the Fischer is similar to the Prince grips shape, which one is it most similar to??

TonyB
01-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Yes, it is the most similar to Prince. I've played with both. I was actually surprised at the similarity.

PackardDell
01-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Fischer recently has a new gripshape if im not mistaken.

bagung
01-11-2008, 04:54 PM
the fischer i have is the m pro 1 no tolerence, and the grip shape is no way near the prince grip shape(o3 tour MP and o3 red).. out of all the racquets i have used, i found the prince is more "round" than the others...

El Guapo
01-11-2008, 05:39 PM
the fischer i have is the m pro 1 no tolerence, and the grip shape is no way near the prince grip shape(o3 tour MP and o3 red).. out of all the racquets i have used, i found the prince is more "round" than the others...
try reading post #7

okdude1992
01-11-2008, 08:06 PM
what would you say the Head grip shape is? to the OP: to me the fisher did feel really unique, in a negative way imo

nickb
01-12-2008, 04:31 AM
The fischer grip shape is unique...not like any other company imo...their newer grip shape feels most like Wilson.

Nick

gregmiata
01-12-2008, 05:06 AM
I put a Prince butt cap on a Fischer handle one time and it matched up close Not exact, but close. The "flat" edges (top, bottom, and sides) were just about right, it was beveled edges that were a bit different. The butt cap's bevels were slightly longer in length than the Fischers. Overall though the match was definitely something that was usable. I just couldn't stand the odd Fischer butt cap and this change improved the feel of the racquet in my hand. It was a 4 1/2 butt cap on a 4 1/2 pallet. The 4 3/8 butt cap may have worked too but I didn't try it.

Greg

Ash Doyle
01-12-2008, 12:43 PM
The Fischer grip shape is VERY close to the Prince grip shape. Where you feel the difference is with the buttcap. Fischer buttcaps have very little flair. That is what people are feeling when they say Fischer grips feel nothing like grips from other manufacturers.

Matt21
01-12-2008, 07:34 PM
I think the shape is closer to the one found on a Yonex.

KiNG
01-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Speaking of Prince grip shape, I had done some research and measured 4 different grip sizes from 1/8 up to 1/2, and found out that they have different shapes in every sizes. When you guys think the Prince shape is "round" you must be trying out a 3/8 or above. If you want a Volkl-like feel, get a 1/8 and enlarge it. If you like a more traditional grip shape alike Wilson's, get a 1/4 and enlarge it. And a enlarged Prince 1/4 grip is currently my favourite grip shape from Prince..

Check out every shapes from different grip sizes from Prince, and you'll see what I meant. Especially grip sizes 1/8, 1/4 and 3/8. From 3/8 and up they're similar. But still measured different. Trust me, Prince grip shape doesn't get bigger proportionally from size to size. Simply put, they mostly only "grows" taller but not wider. Thats why you guys found Prince's shape feels "round".