PDA

View Full Version : HM 200G XL vs M-Fil 300 vs. TF 325

tschevap
01-11-2008, 02:40 AM
Hi,

I am using the M-fil 300 right now, but have slight soreness in the ellbow after using it with the Prince Lightning XX 1.30. With the M-Fil Tour 1.30 I did not have problems.

I could buy some brandnew Hotmelt 200G XL very cheap. Since I am a big fan of hyperflexible rackets I am thinking about the switch...then I would lead the XL up a bit to make it more stable...

I made a search here, but could not find answers on the feel of the XL: Is it really as flexible as the RDC of 56 would say...?

I loved the Tecnifibre TF 325 - would a leaded XL come close to this racket?

Thanks

roundiesee
01-11-2008, 04:44 AM
I'm currently using the 200G XL at the moment. Have not played with the other 2 so can't comment. The 200G XL IS a flexible racket, but not as flexible as the RDC would suggest. The feel is good and control and balance are improved with the addition of some lead (not too much though) to the head. I think your arm definitely not be affected as much cf with using the Mfil since the specs would suggest this to be a stiffer frame. Hope this helps.

Richie Rich
01-11-2008, 10:38 AM
those a 3 very different racquets.

the dunlop HM 200g XL and the 300g are fairly light racquets. i found them not to have enough weight behind the ball when playing bigger hitters. the 300 is the only std length racquet of the 3 as well.

the TF325 is heavier then the 200g xl and it is an 18x20 pattern. the 325 weighs about 12 oz strung. if you are strong enough to swing it it's a nice frame.

it really depends on what you want. light weight and extra length go with the 200g XL. light weight std length then the 300. heavier, more solid, more control then the 325 is the racquet

tschevap
01-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks for your answers...

@RichieRich: Yes, I know the weight differences. I played the TF325 and loved it...but I had problems keeping up my level of play in hard 3rd sets...
I was wondering, if the 200G XL might be a good platform to customize??? Lead up a bit and you have a lighter 325 with bit more power true the more open stringbed?

Redflea
01-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I definitely recoommend softer string/lower tension in the MFil 300...it won't start launching the ball on you, and the feel is excellent.

I don't find that the MF300 lacks weight to deal w/bigger hitters...likely due to it's relatively even balance, it handles heavy balls well in my experience...a buddy I play hits serves >100 MPH (measured) and can crank his groundies and the MFil handles things just fine.

Richie Rich
01-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks for your answers...

@RichieRich: Yes, I know the weight differences. I played the TF325 and loved it...but I had problems keeping up my level of play in hard 3rd sets...
I was wondering, if the 200G XL might be a good platform to customize??? Lead up a bit and you have a lighter 325 with bit more power true the more open stringbed?

from what i remember the 200g XL is a bit more flexy than the 325. if you can get a good deal on the racquets you might as well go for them and, if you think you need to, start fooling around with lead to bump up the weight a little.

tschevap
01-12-2008, 12:58 AM
@redflea: Thank you - i am using my MFils with Multis and SynGut at not more than maximum 23kg...this is very soft and the perfect mix of power and control...still: The ellbow lets me know from time to time...
when I used Poly once I almost got killed and wanted to tear my arm out - the pain was immense...but that happened to me with almost every racket with poly strings (Except Yonex RD7 and RQ7)

@RichieRich: Thanks - i just bought a couple of those...I will give it a try and let you know!

roundiesee
01-12-2008, 01:20 AM
tschevap, after you've tried the 200G XL please post again; guys who currently use this racket would be glad to hear your feedback. Thanks.

tschevap
01-12-2008, 01:34 AM
Ok! I would be glad to help!

Are you interested in some rackets? I could organize some...just write me...