PDA

View Full Version : Pro Tour lead tape Q's

Ross K
01-11-2008, 03:11 AM
Okay. I don't want to quite give up on this fantastic frame yet, but as I've said elsewhere, I've experienced issues with it being a little too underpowered. And to be specific, that's a tad as regards groundies, and quite a lot as regards the serve.

Now, being a bit of a doof when it comes to lead tape - and keeping in mind the info I've just given and the fact we're dealing with the Pro Tour - I'm hoping people might have some good advice (positions, amounts, etc) for leading up.

So... the PT... a touch more power on groundstrokes and a load more for serving... what do you all recommend?

Many thanks,

Ross

Peter Szucs
01-11-2008, 07:04 AM
Okay. I don't want to quite give up on this fantastic frame yet, but as I've said elsewhere, I've experienced issues with it being a little too underpowered. And to be specific, that's a tad as regards groundies, and quite a lot as regards the serve.

Now, being a bit of a doof when it comes to lead tape - and keeping in mind the info I've just given and the fact we're dealing with the Pro Tour - I'm hoping people might have some good advice (positions, amounts, etc) for leading up.

So... the PT... a touch more power on groundstrokes and a load more for serving... what do you all recommend?

Many thanks,

Ross

Maybe not answering your question but i would only suggest you to use lead-tape if you need to amend the racquet to your technique... ie if you feel that its too hl or hh or when your technique needs more static weight... but i would not try to use leadtape to increase power if otherwise the frame suits your strokes. something else will suffer. i would go changin strings or tension instead or change on your technique.. use longer strokes and the wrist to speed the ball. you will get much further than with leadtapes. just my 2 cent

Gimmick
01-11-2008, 07:42 AM
If we're talking about the Fischer Pro Tour, then I can say that even 14 grams of distributed lead (to maintain balance) didn't make it feel powerful enough for me. I ended up buying a FXP Radical Tour and that did the trick.