PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy Microgel Extreme or Microgel Instict??

artvandaley
01-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Im trying to decide which one of these 2 should I buy?

Whats your opinion?

Which one is professional?

Microgel Extreme or Microgel Instict....

artvandaley
01-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Noone will help me?

[d]ragon
01-13-2008, 01:03 PM
demo extensively before you buy, making sure to try them in matchplay

soggyramen
01-13-2008, 02:00 PM
i hated the MG extreme. too much vibration and it was just ugly. i liked the instinct though.

artvandaley
01-13-2008, 02:09 PM
On some peoples feedback they say MG Extreme is so light. How can 318 gr light.? Is it because of -6 points head light??

artvandaley
01-13-2008, 02:16 PM
ragon;1996977']demo extensively before you buy, making sure to try them in matchplay

I cant demo them. I dont live in US

P8ntballa
01-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Im trying to decide which one of these 2 should I buy?

Whats your opinion?

Which one is professional?

Microgel Extreme or Microgel Instict....

Both these racquets are used on the pro tour but this should not affect whether you buy one or not, you need to demo. The Extreme Pro is my fav of the 3 versions. I like the added weight and controllable power. The Instinct was also a very good hit, if you take mid-longer strokes you will love the fairly low power level in this stik. Both produce excellent spin with the Extreme Pro producing slightly more and feel is good on both. Head claims that MicroGel makes there racquets more solid and stable, I found this to be quite true with both stix, the Extreme Pro with its added weight being the favor in this catagory. Both are good but are made for differant things the Extreme Pro being a better doubles stik or for a serve and vollyer, the intinct excelling on the baseline. So the question is what are you looking for in a racquet?

artvandaley
01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Both these racquets are used on the pro tour but this should not affect whether you buy one or not, you need to demo. The Extreme Pro is my fav of the 3 versions. I like the added weight and controllable power. The Instinct was also a very good hit, if you take mid-longer strokes you will love the fairly low power level in this stik. Both produce excellent spin with the Extreme Pro producing slightly more and feel is good on both. Head claims that MicroGel makes there racquets more solid and stable, I found this to be quite true with both stix, the Extreme Pro with its added weight being the favor in this catagory. Both are good but are made for differant things the Extreme Pro being a better doubles stik or for a serve and vollyer, the intinct excelling on the baseline. So the question is what are you looking for in a racquet?

Thanks for your reply. I want to buy Extreme Pro. But I'm not that good yet. I'm playing for 6 months now. Im strong and did different sports before. People say that I have a good technic..

Do you think Extreme pro will be a bit heavy for me? Because its Strung Weight is 335g. Or is it good to force myself to be a better player by using that kind of heavy racquet? I can handle it..

Or Should I buy a lighter one?

Spatula
01-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Buy the heavier one and be done with it. Since you cannot demo as you said, get the heavier. If you find you cannot play with it, sell it off and get the other.

grass_hopper
01-14-2008, 10:54 AM
the instinct is much better feeling racquet due to it's flex. a lot less power than extreme. you should know how hard you swing, if it's fast go with instinct.

ChappyOnIce
01-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Buy the heavier one and be done with it. Since you cannot demo as you said, get the heavier. If you find you cannot play with it, sell it off and get the other.

Or take the other way around and buy the lighter one because you can always add weight to it as you progress. It's much easier than trying to remove weight. Plus you can add weight in different areas to adjust the balance and other characteristics appropriately.

P8ntballa
01-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks for your reply. I want to buy Extreme Pro. But I'm not that good yet. I'm playing for 6 months now. Im strong and did different sports before. People say that I have a good technic..

Do you think Extreme pro will be a bit heavy for me? Because its Strung Weight is 335g. Or is it good to force myself to be a better player by using that kind of heavy racquet? I can handle it..

Or Should I buy a lighter one?

The extreme pro is the best of the three and u will be able to use it for a fairly long time. If u are a stronger person and have a relatively decent stroke u should be able to handle it. String it up at a lower to mid tension ur first string job then move the tension up one-two pounds until u find it to be most comfortable, for me this was at 62lbs. It is an overall great stik with a good ammount of pop good control and great spin.

Vitaly Evchenkov
01-14-2008, 05:55 PM
you don't need to spend a ton of $

LiquidMetal Instinct

it is a great racquet, crazy cheap, and if you want to add weight it is very easy to open the trapdoor to customize it.
Instinct plus poly strings = winner

roller~
01-14-2008, 07:39 PM
It's on your play style.

But Extreme worst ever for me.

artvandaley
01-16-2008, 03:56 AM
Thanks for your help guys..

I think I will buy Extreme Pro...

Maybe its heavy but i will learn to play with it..