PDA

View Full Version : c10 Pro new cosmetics

NoBadMojo
01-12-2008, 10:40 AM
As I posted months ago, the c10pro was scheduled for new cosmetics in '08 and the colours were to be reversed.

This is exactly what they've done. I dont have one, but was sent a pic. It's much more black than yellow and the throat area is black rather than yellow. The graphics are the old school c series graphics with 'Volkl' in very large font in the hoop. It appears to have a high gloss finish. Understand this to be a cosmetic change only.

NoBadMojo
01-12-2008, 11:16 AM
here --> http://i2.tinypic.com/82jkbxu.jpg

Bad Dog
01-12-2008, 12:01 PM
As I posted months ago, the c10pro was scheduled for new cosmetics in '08 and the colours were to be reversed.

This is exactly what they've done. I dont have one, but was sent a pic. It's much more black than yellow and the throat area is black rather than yellow. The graphics are the old school c series graphics with 'Volkl' in very large font in the hoop. It appears to have a high gloss finish. Understand this to be a cosmetic change only.

Thank you for providing the picture the update looks amazing.

1. When will it be released in the US?

2. When will you be able to play test it, in order to actually confirm that the black version is identical to the yellow?

My current yellow versions of the 98 head size have a TW rated stiffness of 63, but to me feel like they play more like 56 to 58. I love the yellow C 10 for that great flex, massive sweetspot, 12+ ounces but low swingweight, twin [shock] absorber grip/handle, inter alia. Best ever for protecting my arm.

Doc Hollidae
01-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Kinda surprising since the current trend seems to be flashy cosmetics. Very clean and classic looking though.

Chauvalito
01-12-2008, 12:08 PM
I laughed when I saw the paintjob, it looks very good but is a nearly a carbon copy of the black and yellow Volkl C7, nearly identical.

Also, did anyone notice that it says "Big Grommet" on the inside of the throat?

Oh yeah...the racket in the pic is an 18x20!!!!

The C10 pro previously had a 16x19...2 versions maybe?

Chauvalito
01-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Are you sure this isnt a photo shopped C7? (18x20)

NoBadMojo
01-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Thank you for providing the picture the update looks amazing.

1. When will it be released in the US?

2. When will you be able to play test it, in order to actually confirm that the black version is identical to the yellow?

My current yellow versions of the 98 head size have a TW rated stiffness of 63, but to me feel like they play more like 56 to 58. I love the yellow C 10 for that great flex, massive sweetspot, 12+ ounces but low swingweight, twin [shock] absorber grip/handle, inter alia. Best ever for protecting my arm.

i assume in february

dont think i will playtest and it's been quite a while since i played the existing c10 and dont have one around to hit. i'm told it is a cosmetic change only. i posted the pic so people would know what the new cosmetics will be like

nickb
01-12-2008, 12:29 PM

Looks like it to me...the C10 writing looks very dodgy...mojo: did you make this pic yourself LOL?

Bad Dog
01-12-2008, 12:32 PM
I laughed when I saw the paintjob, it looks very good but is a nearly a carbon copy of the black and yellow Volkl C7, nearly identical.

Also, did anyone notice that it says "Big Grommet" on the inside of the throat?

Oh yeah...the racket in the pic is an 18x20!!!!

The C10 pro previously had a 16x19...2 versions maybe?

Very good observation Chauvalito!

The original C10 Pro 98 with the more open 16 x 19 string pattern works best for me -- 18 x 20 stringbeds feel stiffer with smaller sweetspots. Guess we will just have to wait and see if the black C10 identically preserves the integrity of the yellow version. Let's hope NBMJ is right :)

Bad Dog
01-12-2008, 12:34 PM
i assume in february

dont think i will playtest and it's been quite a while since i played the existing c10 and dont have one around to hit. i'm told it is a cosmetic change only. i posted the pic so people would know what the new cosmetics will be like

Ok, thank you NBMJ for the advance notice :)

NoBadMojo
01-12-2008, 12:39 PM

could be. they dont have images of the finished product yet. again..i posted this because people asked me about what the cosmetics will look like....that pic is what the cosmetics will look like

LafayetteHitter
01-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Would be cool to have a C10 that has the cosmetics of my C7 Pro.

Polaris
01-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I fail to see the aesthetic sense in deliberately misaligning the Volkl and Precise Frame stickers. Anyway, it is a pity that the new paintjob is still so ugly. It does no justice to a wonderful, safe and playable frame.

sargeinaz
01-12-2008, 01:30 PM
I think that paintjob is classy and beautiful. Much nicer than 90% of current paintjobs. Volkl almost always makes good looking sticks.
________
xxSOPHIExx (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/xxSOPHIExx/)

Capt. Willie
01-12-2008, 01:39 PM
NBMJ, Thanks for posting this, the cosmetics look great. I was expecting a little more yellow to make it a more exact reversed look....yellow air brushed (for lack of a better term) look in the shoulders and head tip. However, it still looks really nice.

The things Chauvalito points out do raise red flags. The 18x20 pattern and Big Grommets are obvious wrong unless they changed the specs. The wording "Precise Frame" (which should be where the Big Grommet wording is) on the throat should have the head size: "630 cm"

Lets just hope Volkl made this knock-up picture quickly for representation purposes only. And the actual finished product is the same as the old C10.

ericsson
01-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Nice to see some black at volkl, they should do that more.

Chauvalito
01-12-2008, 02:16 PM
NBMJ, Thanks for posting this, the cosmetics look great. I was expecting a little more yellow to make it a more exact reversed look....yellow air brushed (for lack of a better term) look in the shoulders and head tip. However, it still looks really nice.

The things Chauvalito points out do raise red flags. The 18x20 pattern and Big Grommets are obvious wrong unless they changed the specs. The wording "Precise Frame" (which should be where the Big Grommet wording is) on the throat should have the head size: "630 cm"

Lets just hope Volkl made this knock-up picture quickly for representation purposes only. And the actual finished product is the same as the old C10.

I think you may be right. This is probably a projection of what the frame will look like. I must say though, it would be awesome if they offered the racket as an 18x20, it would be quite similar to the C7 that the paint job in the pic is patterned after.

BMG
01-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the pic NBM. I really like that color combo

Chauvalito
01-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Nice to see some black at volkl, they should do that more.

Volkl has a long history of black rackets, as mentioned above the Volkl C7 had the exact same colorway as the pic posted by MOJO. As I have speculated, I think the picture is of the C7, but with C10 pro pasted on the side to demonstrate what the new PJ may look like.

I am a little disappointed, I like the PJ but Volkl already made a racket which looks like the pic posted. I was hoping for something more unique, not flashy but more different.

This pj has been done, give us something NEW Volkl.

NoBadMojo
01-12-2008, 02:43 PM
I think you may be right. This is probably a projection of what the frame will look like. I must say though, it would be awesome if they offered the racket as an 18x20, it would be quite similar to the C7 that the paint job in the pic is patterned after.

a c10pro drilled for 18mains wouldnt hold up very well for how the game is now i dont think...if someone wants an 18 mains 10series frame, the b11 standard would fill the bill nicely. there just isnt the need for many advanced players frames as there really arent so many advanced players and many of the advanced players dont even use advanced players frames anywat

Volkl has a long history of black rackets, as mentioned above the Volkl C7 had the exact same colorway as the pic posted by MOJO. As I have speculated, I think the picture is of the C7, but with C10 pro pasted on the side to demonstrate what the new PJ may look like.

I am a little disappointed, I like the PJ but Volkl already made a racket which looks like the pic posted. I was hoping for something more unique, not flashy but more different.

This pj has been done, give us something NEW Volkl.

It's a classic racquet...fitting it has a classic paintjob i think. i bet they will have some 10year anniversary decals on it.

Shaolin
01-12-2008, 03:16 PM
That looks sweet. Thanks for posting NBMJ.

Rabbit
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
a c10pro drilled for 18mains wouldnt hold up very well for how the game is now i dont think...

Exactly why not? There are a couple or three pros playing the C10 now on tour albeit with 16X19 patterns. I don't see how a C10 with 18 mains would be that much different than the BB11 with relation to the way "the game is now".

bad_call
01-12-2008, 05:58 PM
18 mains would be sweet provided tighter spacing in the center like the T10V Mid. btw - like the paint job.

daddy.dirtsurfer
01-12-2008, 07:59 PM
What about the 93sq.inch?

drakulie
01-13-2008, 09:03 AM
That PJ is nicer than the previous one. About time Volkl grew a pair of nuts.

Dedans Penthouse
01-17-2008, 07:55 AM
That isn't a C10 .... that their latest "C10 replacement" C-TEASE. At this point, I'll believe it when I see it. Right now, I (seriously) doubt it. :rolleyes:

Pro_Tour_630
01-17-2008, 08:22 AM
what is unique about the C10 pro is the open pattern

a C10 pro is not a C10pro if it did not have an open pattern

It seems volkl has a lot of 18X20 molds that are not selling so they decided to slap on C10 pro decals to move them

max
01-17-2008, 08:32 AM
If that's the paintjob, it's very nice, and I may have to make myself believe my C-9s are now starting to crap out. . . so I have to buy a couple.

Chauvalito
01-17-2008, 08:36 AM
what is unique about the C10 pro is the open pattern

a C10 pro is not a C10pro if it did not have an open pattern

It seems volkl has a lot of 18X20 molds that are not selling so they decided to slap on C10 pro decals to move them

Michael,

The racket in the picture is actually a Colkl C 7 pro (I have one). It has 18 mains and the exact same paintjob.

If you look closely it appear like the C10 pro logo has been photo shopped onto the racket. Having looked at my own C7 I am pretty sure this is the case. The "pro" logo on the C7 is yellow, while it is red on this racket, I think they just highlighted that portion and turned it red.

As MBMJ mentioned, this is not the final design but an indication of the direction the PJ will go in.

I suspect they will stick with the 16x19 pattern as well. We will find out in February.

Pro_Tour_630
01-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Michael,

The racket in the picture is actually a Colkl C 7 pro (I have one). It has 18 mains and the exact same paintjob.

If you look closely it appear like the C10 pro logo has been photo shopped onto the racket. Having looked at my own C7 I am pretty sure this is the case. The "pro" logo on the C7 is yellow, while it is red on this racket, I think they just highlighted that portion and turned it red.

As MBMJ mentioned, this is not the final design but an indication of the direction the PJ will go in.

I suspect they will stick with the 16x19 pattern as well. We will find out in February.

precise frame wording is photo shopped for sure

is it me or frame in the photo appears thicker than a real C10Pro? even though black makes a frame looks thinner.

I guess we will C in Feb, hope it is a 16X19 or else Volkl is going to lose lots of its customers to the Head MG prestige Pro.

NoBadMojo
01-17-2008, 09:32 AM
lol. people were asking about what the new paintjob will look like. i posted what the new paintjob will look like. they are using a cosmetic from their c series library which makes sense for a classic frame like this. the photo is for illustrative purposes.

it's not going to be an 18 mains frame...why would they take a classic frame and do that. it also wouldnt play very well having a dense stringbed in a flexy hoop like that..a total mismatch

Chauvalito
01-17-2008, 09:34 AM
precise frame wording is photo shopped for sure

is it me or frame in the photo appears thicker than a real C10Pro? even though black makes a frame looks thinner.

I guess we will C in Feb, hope it is a 16X19 or else Volkl is going to lose lots of its customers to the Head MG prestige Pro.

Good eye,
The frame in the picture, the C7, has a 22 mm beam. The previous version, which I liked better had a 21 mm beam.

TW Staff
01-17-2008, 05:40 PM
The racquet pictured is not a C10 Pro, but as NBMJ posted, a close illustration of the new pj.

We have a couple here and the racquet is unchanged except the paint.

Chris, TW.

bagung
01-17-2008, 05:57 PM
The racquet pictured is not a C10 Pro, but as NBMJ posted, a close illustration of the new pj.

Chris, TW.

can we have the pic of new c-10 paint job....?

10sNut
01-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Chris,
When is it going on sale?
When will you have demos of it in stock?

Pushmaster
01-17-2008, 08:52 PM

Chris, TW.

Will it be availible in a 93? I would guess no.

Capt. Willie
01-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Chris,
When is it going on sale?
When will you have demos of it in stock?

I don't see where demos would be necessary. As it has been pointed out, it is the same as the old C10. The only thing different is the paint job. Unless black paint weighs more than yellow paint. ;)

And yeah, I would like to know when this will be available too. Also, is this a permanent cosmetic change or a limited edition anniversary version.

ericsson
01-18-2008, 12:25 AM
I think the question is, will it be like the old fishnet or like the ones after (that play somewhat different)

Capt. Willie
01-18-2008, 01:47 PM
I think the question is, will it be like the old fishnet or like the ones after (that play somewhat different)

I know some people here say the fishnet version played differently than the graffiti version but my understanding is that Volkl claimed the specs were the same. Anyway, for sake of argument, if the specs were changed I would have to believe the new black C10 would be based on the current graffiti version. After all, this one has been in production much longer and has a following. So why would they go back to the original specs? It would not make sense.

TW Staff
01-18-2008, 05:55 PM
There should be absolutely no change in this one except from yellow to black. No other changes, no other headsizes.

The new cosmetic is due to ship around Feb. 5.

Sorry, we do not have an image uploaded at this time, but it's very similar to the one shared by NBMJ.

Chris, TW

10sNut
01-18-2008, 07:07 PM
From what I've been told by the people who are in the racquet industry, the graphite that is available in todays market is lighter and stiffer than it was 5 years ago, therefore the manufacturers would have to add additional softer materials in the new layup to make them feel similar. Personally, I think the newer graphite is the cause for most of the arm problems we are experiencing these days. Most of the major companies are incorporating O-ports, Woofers, or Flexpoints to soften its inherent stiffness.

louis netman
01-18-2008, 07:23 PM
From what I've been told by the people who are in the racquet industry, the graphite that is available in todays market is lighter and stiffer than it was 5 years ago, therefore the manufacturers would have to add additional softer materials in the new layup to make them feel similar. Personally, I think the newer graphite is the cause for most of the arm problems we are experiencing these days. Most of the major companies are incorporating O-ports, Woofers, or Flexpoints to soften its inherent stiffness.

IMO, the newer graphite is also more "dead" feeling. That is, it seems to transmit less stringbed/vibrational feel. Could also be due to the new graphite/resin ratios of modern "cost-cutting" production scenarios...

magnuswallen
01-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Are Volkl going to change paintjob for the other models like c9 etc as well?

ericsson
01-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Are Volkl going to change paintjob for the other models like c9 etc as well?

Nope, only C10

magnuswallen
01-19-2008, 10:10 AM
could be. they dont have images of the finished product yet. again..i posted this because people asked me about what the cosmetics will look like....that pic is what the cosmetics will look like

Nope, only C10

How can you be sure?:-?
So they will keep on going to sale the old DNX versions and just update the C10?

NoBadMojo
01-19-2008, 10:33 AM

yes, the graphite has been improved over the years <i am sure others view this differently>. it's lighter, stronger, and stiffer than the old stuff. i think that is a definite improvement as anyone playing back in the widebody days would tell you many of those racquets were very unwieldy and you had to string them up at around 70 pounds or more to get some control. they were very hard to use effectively. game improvement racquets now are much easier to use effectively. think there are many dynamics at play here, many of which are monetary in nature. prepreg sheets used to make racquets can be potentially manufactured in unlimited recipes of graphite/binders/resins/filler/other stuff.
think manufactures arent necessarily adding softer graphite type materials..think they are mostly adding more cheap filler/binding material and calling it some fancy nano name, because the stronger graphite allows this. maybe that is what Louis Netman is feeling when he says the newer graphite feels differently. Volkl tried the softer material approach putting fibreglass in some of their frames, but that just doesnt give you the bang most people need these days, so those racquets are either gone or on their way out.