PDA

View Full Version : Old Head LM Radical MP users: What did you switch to?

ghssf
01-12-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm curious: if you used to use a Head Liquidmetal Radical MP, liked it, and found the specs of the stick to be well-suited for you (esp. weight), but then found something you play better with, what is your new frame? (and what does your new stick do better for you?)

Thanks in advance for any replies....

(my info: I'm a LM Rad user and its specs seem a good fit for me. I've demoed more than half-dozen newer frames and found some I like the feel of more but none that I play better with. 4.5; Lux alu rough @ 54; and just on the lookout...)

nickb
01-12-2008, 01:34 PM
In tournaments and at my local clubs many LM Rad users have switched over to Microgel Rads...I am seeing more and more every week...from reading this forum it seems its a very good upgrade from the LM.

Nick

joe1987
01-12-2008, 01:44 PM
I went from the Lm rad to Rdx500mp then to n90 and now I'm back with the Lm rad. I bought 2 more so I've 4 now!! They are quite a bargain so I guess you could stock up on them?

Don't fix whats broken and I learnt that the hard way.

racquet_jedi
01-12-2008, 03:52 PM
You should have started with asking if they have switched at all...

It's not listed as a best-seller for nothing(compare with the Flexpoint Radical)...

MrAWD
01-14-2008, 01:48 PM
I have used LM Rad for a while and it is a great stick! I tried to use FXP Radical Tour, but that one help hurting my wrist! Finally I switched to Redondo Mid (there is an MP that is also a nice stick as well if you don't like Mids) and I really enjoy playing tennis with it!

Overall, you need to play a bit more frequently with it in order to be able to use a stick that is over 12 oz and in that size. But, even without too much of play the feel that I have while playing with it is unmatched with any other racquet I tried so far. One handed backhand is above all and there is just something special when hitting that shot with that racquet. It might be just superstitious thing, but that is how I feel about that!

Good luck!

Fedja

bertrevert
01-14-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm onto the Pure Storm 07 (standard not tour) with SPPP at 56.

Cannot say I am playing better than with my LM Rad with Lux TIMO.

Not yet anyway.

Going to have to put Luxilon in the PS to get adequate comparison. Have been disappointed at missing shots I'd normally make, but I have to give it time. Darn transition is brutal. If it aint broke...

Really, the PS gives more pop, thus better from the baseline than the LM.

(Also tried unsuccessfully RDS 001MP, K95, and MFil 300.)