PDA

View Full Version : Should I switch to a lighter and an oversize racket?

SpinningForehand
01-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I usually play with my yonex nano speed midplus tennis racket. I didn't mind playing with it today until I my sppp snapped on it and I tried my friends head liquidmetal radical 2 tennis racket. I played somewhat better and my shots had more power and spin. Nothing got worse except for touch shots. The liquidmetal 2 was strung with a sucky gamma advantage synthetic string also. Has this happened to anyone?

Does this mean I should be using a lighter and oversize racket?

Here are the specs for each racket.

My racket:

Midplus Specs
Head Size:
100 sq. in. / 645 sq. cm.
Length: 27.5 inches / 70 cm
Strung Weight: 10.8oz / 306g
Balance: 6pts Head Light
Swingweight: 318
Stiffness: 63
Beam Width: 21-22mm
Composition: Graphite / High Modulus Graphite / Nano Carbon
Power Level: Low-Medium
Swing Speed: Fast
Grip Type: Yonex Cushion Grip
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 18 Crosses
Mains skip: 8T,8H
One Piece
No shared holes
String Tension: 55-65 pounds

Head liquidmetal 2

Oversize Specs
Head Size:
106 sq. in. / 684 sq. cm.
Length: 27.5 inches / 70 cm
Strung Weight: 9.5oz / 269g
Balance: 2 pts Head Heavy
Swingweight: 302
Stiffness: 61
Beam Width: 24/26/24 mm
Composition: LiquidMetal Titanium / Graphite and Piezzo Electric Fibers
Power Level: Medium
Swing Speed: Moderate-Fast
Grip Type: HydroSorb
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 7T,9T,8H
Two Piece
No shared holes
String Tension: 52-62 pounds

racquet_jedi
01-12-2008, 05:07 PM
The question isn't should you be using a lighter, oversized, racquet, but do you want to switch to that racquet?

I see people saying that Roger Federer should switch to a midplus racquet because he's framing balls too much with his K90, but has he switched? Nope...

Play with what you feel most comfortable with and if you decide to switch, go for it, but then you have to gimme your Nanospeed...:wink:

LanEvo
01-12-2008, 05:18 PM
it all depends on what u like if u like that OS racquet then switch to it, because i also use an OS wilson triad t5 its 110sq.in. and weighs about 10oz., but i modded it

soggyramen
01-12-2008, 05:50 PM
i use a pure storm tour but i got bored and played with a friends radical OS and played good with it but that doesn't mean i'm going to switch to it.

SpinningForehand
01-12-2008, 05:58 PM
The question isn't should you be using a lighter, oversized, racquet, but do you want to switch to that racquet?

I see people saying that Roger Federer should switch to a midplus racquet because he's framing balls too much with his K90, but has he switched? Nope...

Play with what you feel most comfortable with and if you decide to switch, go for it, but then you have to gimme your Nanospeed...:wink:

True, but if you like the nanospeed rq 7 so much why don't you just switch to it? You can get it cheaper at racquetbroker.com. Also, have you seen the episode in naruto where rock lee drinks the sake and is drunk and that bone guy is fighting him. Its so funny.

Bencia
01-12-2008, 08:53 PM
If you are a beginner or intermediate than I would recommend you use a bigger frame but as you get better you will want a smaller frame. If I were you I would continue using a midplus but it depends on what you would rather use.