PDA

View Full Version : Got to see Michael Chang in action tonight. :)

jamauss
01-12-2008, 07:23 PM
So I was just coming off a long day of stringing (we got over 30 racquets in from tournament players today...:() and as I'm packing up my gear one of the guys that works at the facility told me that Michael Chang had just stopped by the desk and was out hitting on one of the courts. Sure enough, he's here working with Amber Liu. It was kinda surreal all of a sudden seeing a former grand slam champ practicing on the courts I hit on all the time. :)

btw, the guy has the most insane calf muscles I've ever seen...he still looks to be in great shape. I think he's going to be here tomorrow, too. I'll see if I can get a picture with him if he is.

A.J. Sim
01-13-2008, 01:45 PM
that's awesome, hope you get a pic

mctennis
01-13-2008, 07:56 PM
I always liked Chang. He was really nice to talk to at the ATP here in Cinci.

2 Cent
01-14-2008, 11:30 PM
where is "here" ?

and who's Amber Liu?

Leelord337
01-14-2008, 11:34 PM
I subscribed to this thread, try to get a video of you and chang hitting and put it on youtube. Can't wait to see pics if you can't take a video.

goober
01-16-2008, 06:21 AM
where is "here" ?

and who's Amber Liu?

Surprise tennis center in Arizona. Women's futures event

Amber Liu= recent two time NCAA singles champ now trying to play pros

Dang I wish I could have been there- actually I could have been if you gave me a call- lol j/k :)

Oh well I doubt she will make it to the final rounds on the weekend so Chang will probably be gone. I thought he was coaching in China.

jamauss
01-18-2008, 12:03 AM
He's still here actually, and Amber won her match today so she'll be playing here tomorrow. He's been watching her play. I've been stringing her racquets for her. Plays with a blue Babolat w/ Pro Hurricane Tour @ 56 lbs and requests it be done on the Prince 5000 machine the night before. ;)

2 Cent
01-18-2008, 12:02 PM
56 lbs. nice extra power to go with an already powerful light racquet.

BreakPoint
01-18-2008, 12:08 PM
56 lbs. nice extra power to go with an already powerful light racquet.
But it's strung with poly so you have to lower the tension.

goober
01-18-2008, 12:09 PM
He's still here actually, and Amber won her match today so she'll be playing here tomorrow. He's been watching her play. I've been stringing her racquets for her. Plays with a blue Babolat w/ Pro Hurricane Tour @ 56 lbs and requests it be done on the Prince 5000 machine the night before. ;)

Prince 5000- what other machines do you have there to string with? Did you bring your SP Aria :D

I'll may try to take my kids out there again this weekend. They really liked the park next to the tennis center with the small lake, ducks and huge play area.

jamauss
01-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I brought my SP Aria down here to string with. I strung on that while a second guy (different people from Tennis Cabana came to help) strung on the 5000.

I suspect Sesil Karatantcheva is going to roll easy in her Semi-final match but the other semi should be interesting. Doubles and Singles finals ought to be interesting on Sunday. Action starts at noon.

A.J. Sim
01-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Jamauss, do you know what racket Chang was hitting with when he was practicing with Amber Liu? Is he still using a Babolat as been reported?

jamauss
01-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Jamauss, do you know what racket Chang was hitting with when he was practicing with Amber Liu? Is he still using a Babolat as been reported?
Yep, he hits with a black and red Babolat - Looked like a Pure Drive Team, maybe.

A.J. Sim
01-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Ok, thanks for the info! Did you manage to get any pics with Chang?

CityHeightsTennis
01-21-2008, 03:59 PM
So I was just coming off a long day of stringing (we got over 30 racquets in from tournament players today...:() and as I'm packing up my gear one of the guys that works at the facility told me that Michael Chang had just stopped by the desk and was out hitting on one of the courts. Sure enough, he's here working with Amber Liu. It was kinda surreal all of a sudden seeing a former grand slam champ practicing on the courts I hit on all the time. :)

btw, the guy has the most insane calf muscles I've ever seen...he still looks to be in great shape. I think he's going to be here tomorrow, too. I'll see if I can get a picture with him if he is.

that sounds great.....i will be looking forward to ur picture......:)