PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest racquet you've seen?

Tempest344
01-13-2008, 04:24 AM
Aeropro drive both the older and newer W cortex

also the Aerostorm

they both just look odd with the aerodynamic throat

also Head TI.S6

looks like a frying pan

Jonnyf
01-13-2008, 04:42 AM
Snauwaert Ergonom, The double-handed rackets used by Brian Battistone (not seen one in person) and a few others I can't think of atm

Greg Raven
01-13-2008, 06:33 AM
I was going to mention the Ergonom, but I'd forgotten about the two-handled racquets. On the two-handled racquets, I especially like the fact that there are some with the handles oriented parallel to the stringbed, some with the handles oriented 90 degrees from the stringbed, and some where the handles are not parallel to each other. How would you choose? :-)

rabidcow
01-13-2008, 01:02 PM
the one with two sets of strings(blackbourne)

Forehand Forever
01-13-2008, 01:35 PM
My friend had these racquets that you would take out the grip and put it on another racquet or something like that. It was a few years ago so I don't really remember it but it was weird. It was called something with a J

Lendl
01-13-2008, 06:56 PM
I had one years ago (this will date me) that had the knob on the bottom of the grip you could turn to adjust the tension of the string. String came down through the throat of the racket and everything. Forgot the name of it.

Zachol82
01-13-2008, 08:10 PM
I think that one Power Angle racquet is odd...think I will make a post and ask to see if anyone's every used it.

NLBwell
01-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Lendl, was that an aluminum Hart racket? That's what I remember it being, but its so far back I'm not sure.

Strangest I ever hit with was the Head Director. Very long and thin head. Actually,l it hit really well, liked it as much as the Head Graphite Edge.

[d]ragon
01-13-2008, 09:08 PM
i was a picture of a heartshaped racquet sometime ago on TTW

Alafter
01-13-2008, 10:03 PM
What's that racquet with detachable parts? It was like a transformer: more than meet the eyes kind of deal.

Arctic
01-13-2008, 10:50 PM
ive also tried the Snauwaert Ergonom, for the first 10-15 minutes it feels like a whole different sport

Deuce
01-14-2008, 02:08 AM
I had one years ago (this will date me) that had the knob on the bottom of the grip you could turn to adjust the tension of the string. String came down through the throat of the racket and everything. Forgot the name of it.
The MacGregor Bergelin Longstring.
Apparently designed with the help of Lennart Bergelin, Bjorn Borg's longtime coach.

http://i12.tinypic.com/6ns5b7s.jpg

cadfael_tex
01-14-2008, 05:13 PM
ive also tried the Snauwaert Ergonom, for the first 10-15 minutes it feels like a whole different sport

Hitting volleys squarely - as I remember - was a challenge. At least for me I always felt like it needed to swing lower because the sweetspot seemed higher (not sure it really was)

As far as the Head Director goes, it's a nice swinging racquet for a curmudgeon. I have one I restrung when I started playing again. It's a little heavy compared to newer racquets but I bring it out when my arm starts to hurt.