PDA

View Full Version : Aerogel 200 vs M-fil 200 (18/20)

theone
01-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Can anyone compare the two? The search yields very few results for some reason.

vndesu
01-13-2008, 08:06 AM
the mfil is not as good as the aerogel
mfil will cost you less but for the extra money i would get the aerogel

aerogel is more stable on groundstrokes/serves/net.
since both are 18x20 pattern there isnt any difference but the aerogel is alot more stable than mfil

Max Winther
01-13-2008, 08:36 AM
The M-fil had a hollow, tinny feeling to it, whereas the AG feels much more solid and complete. That would be the only area that I could feel any difference. Of course, when the feel of your racquet is crappy, it makes everything else worse.

LanEvo
01-13-2008, 09:09 AM
the mfil is not as good as the aerogel
mfil will cost you less but for the extra money i would get the aerogel

aerogel is more stable on groundstrokes/serves/net.
since both are 18x20 pattern there isnt any difference but the aerogel is alot more stable than mfil
yea right now the ag200 might be more expensive than the m-fil 200 18x20 but wait a little while longer and the ag200 might be getting to the same price because the ag has been price dropping gradually

theone
01-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Yeah the Aerogel is about twice the price but there are a few popping up on **** almost brand new at basement prices (whether they stay that way is another matter). For some reason dunlop seems to be much cheaper and more available.. strange.

I'm surprised to hear its more stable than the m-fil, because that has a listed swingweight of 340, 12.1 oz.. is the aerogel more powerfull?

Thanks