PDA

View Full Version : doubles racket

misakikidd
01-13-2008, 07:36 PM
does anyone have one for themselves and also do you keep it in your bag or only when you need it?

TonyB
01-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Not sure what you mean by a "doubles racquet". I use the same racquet for doubles and singles.

Does anyone actually use different racquets for doubles and singles??

Sixpointone
01-13-2008, 07:45 PM
I myself use the same Racquet for Singles or Doubles.

I do have a different Frame I'll use at times if I am feeding Balls in a drill, and I usually have that Racquet with my in my primary Tennis Bag.

Zhou
01-13-2008, 07:48 PM
I use the same racket for doubles and singles. It is not reasonable to use 2 different rackets because if you change between rackets, you would have to take the time to readjust every time you change from singles to doubles, vise versa.

misakikidd
01-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Not sure what you mean by a "doubles racquet". I use the same racquet for doubles and singles.

Does anyone actually use different racquets for doubles and singles??

yah i have a racket meant for doubles. its just with a greater reach

nickb
01-14-2008, 04:12 AM
I don't know anybody that does this....why mess around with your game?

Vin2
01-14-2008, 04:35 AM
i use different racquets for doubles and singles for badminton :P

But not for tennis

ericsson
01-14-2008, 05:22 AM
If you look at the best double players in the world (nestor, knowle, bryans) you will see they have a very large weight but always the most weight in the handle, balance is always near the handle or throat, never in the head...
They need a lot of stability on the volley but have to be able to handle quick.

PROTENNIS63
01-14-2008, 06:24 AM
Good questions but most people use the same racquet for singles, doubles, or mixed doubles. I find it odd to be able to play with several different racquets depending on the type of match.