PDA

View Full Version : Switch from FXP Prestiege to PD ROddick +?

DashaandSafin
01-13-2008, 07:03 PM
I have a baseline bashing game. Weak backhand, strong forehand. Really, I play like Roddick unfortuantly, (though he's not my fav player). I hastily bought the prestiege because I thought it suited me but the mid frame is just too small. Should I switch? Does anyone else with a game similar to mine have the Roddick + cortex? Im worried becaus the previous versions were wayy too light and it felt like a rocket launcher. I heard the recent version was using Roddick's specs, therefore much heavier and more of a players sticks?

Opinions please!!!:)

DashaandSafin
01-13-2008, 07:12 PM
ALso whats the Opinion on Nadal's Racquet? I like extreme topspin.

vndesu
01-13-2008, 07:16 PM
the pdr+ gives you alot of power.
but both the pdr+ and the aeropro are stiff.

i would try a pure storm. not stiff can be heavy (if you get tour) or light (the regular)

try demoing around to experiment

DashaandSafin
01-13-2008, 07:29 PM
I know the pure drive gives you power but is the newer verison toned down? THats what I want to know. Is it a players stick? I mean Roddick and many pros use it, how heavily modified is it? Same with the Aeropro.

GaHH I wish I had the means to demo many buy I can probalby only demo one or two racquets =( Plus I have to sell my FXP Prestiege Mids.

[d]ragon
01-13-2008, 08:13 PM
judging from ur description, i would say the APD(c) would fit u well but u still hav to demo

P8ntballa
01-13-2008, 10:39 PM
I have a baseline bashing game. Weak backhand, strong forehand. Really, I play like Roddick unfortuantly, (though he's not my fav player). I hastily bought the prestiege because I thought it suited me but the mid frame is just too small. Should I switch? Does anyone else with a game similar to mine have the Roddick + cortex? Im worried becaus the previous versions were wayy too light and it felt like a rocket launcher. I heard the recent version was using Roddick's specs, therefore much heavier and more of a players sticks?

Opinions please!!!:)

The roddick packs some major pop with little control u need to load up on topspin to keep the ball in, same with the apdc. Both have a bad level of feel making them definate baseline not net stix, also they are very stiff making them more strenuous on the arm. I really agree with Vndesu Pure Storms are the greatest racquets babolat has come out with.

DashaandSafin
01-14-2008, 07:58 PM
The plus Roddick or the regular? Differnce? I am 5'9

vndesu
01-14-2008, 09:23 PM
plus is more power.
standard is eh.

still
demo!!! that wil be the best way to determine racket choice