PDA

View Full Version : Liquidmetal Prestige - Similar to Pro Tour 280 in some ways?

Jadoc
03-21-2004, 12:24 PM
I finally got to hit with The LM prestige MP this week. I have been using the PT280 for the last few years and have always loved the way it hit off the ground and on returns. Its flaws were always serving and vollying. I found the LM prestige MP to be similar in some ways off the ground, but it was far superior at the net and on serving.
My problem has been trying to hit groundstrokes with the LM Mp. I am trying to drive the ball from the baseline and it is going into the net. I believe this to be the stiffness of the racquet. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for lowering the stiffness to be more similar to the 280.
Overall i really enjoyed the LM MP. I believe after tweaking it a bit, it will be a great racquet to use.

I must note that i have tried tons of different racquets to try and replace the PT280 and have always gone back to it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have always used a head racquet, so i dont find myself switching. I have tried - Babolot, Prince (diablo,Nxg), Dunlop, and Fischer. I am a 5.5 player.

Brent Pederson
03-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Nothing plays quite like a 280, but if you want something not too stiff, may I suggest trying a Volkl c10 or tour 10. It's on the flexible end like your 280, but more manueuverable and with a touch more power.

Deuce
03-21-2004, 10:46 PM
a 5.5 player should know that the stiffness of a frame cannot be lowered (or altered in any other way). Unless you crack the frame, I suppose.

Look also at the Catapult 10 - great feel. You'll have to add quite a bit of weight to it, though.

jayserinos99
03-22-2004, 10:50 AM
The only way to lower the stiffness (other than cracking the racquet as Deuce stated) is to break it in by stringing it a lot. I have the 280 and have hit with the LM Prestige MP and they are similar in some respects; the biggest difference IMO was the weight of the LM Prestige MP.

Pro_Tour_630
03-22-2004, 04:59 PM
try using noncaped PT280 bumper on LMprestige MP, and add lead on 3/9 for the difference in weight since you don't like head light frames, remember the shoulder of the LMMP is Flat unlike the PT280,

there is away to lower stiffness but if not done properly would render the frame useless :oops: