PDA

View Full Version : set-up Kblade tour?

plus
01-14-2008, 08:36 AM
I was able to hit shortly with the kblade tour. Very nice heft and weight and SW, imo. Might even recall the PS 95. However, as other members stated as well, the stringbed is not very alive, probable due to the tight pattern and the type of strings. The stick I was trying was strung with wilson sensation 16L, I do not know the tension. Does anyone have advice on what string and tension to use, to make the stringbed a bit more alive? I am going to order one but I do not knwo how to string it yet. I would not mind stringing it relatively low since the power is pretty low anyway. Thanks!

drakulie
01-14-2008, 09:41 AM
^^ I don't think there is any string, nor set up for this frame that would enable it to make that stringbed come alive.

If you do find something, let us know and good luck.

roller~
01-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Possibly..... natural gut....?
may be a vain hope.
If you do find something, let us know and good luck..:)

MrAWD
01-14-2008, 11:55 AM
When I've got Wilson Sensation 16 on my Redondo MP at 65 lb it felt like a board and it took full 2 minutes (if so) to put it back into the bag. When I switched to the GAMMA TNT2 Pro 17, it felt so much better and livelier then the one with the Sensation. Before Sensation the racquet came with Wilson Stamina 16 at 64 lb and even that one felt much better then the Sensation.

Good luck!

Fedja

couch
01-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Just add about 3-4 inches of lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock and it will cure everything. ;)

Just kidding. I couldn't resist after the "Just add lead" thread.

allrightguy
01-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Try an all multi setup...maybe prince syn gut multi at like 56 or 58 punds? I knwo I'm gonna add some lead at 3 and 9 and under the handle to get mine to 4 or 5 point head light, then go prince syn gut multi in the mains with a poly like BB ALU Power Rough in the mains at 58. If that's too dead I'll drop back to all multi. I'll let you know how it goes, once I get my hands on the racquets.

plus
01-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks guys, I will cetrainly I try one of your suggestions; probable the Prince multi.

Mad iX
01-15-2008, 03:40 AM
What stick do you usually use?
After reading some of the reviews here, I was expecting another ROK, but this thing has a fair bit of power even with the factory sensation string job and no added lead.

drakulie
01-15-2008, 11:46 AM
^^^ I felt the opposite. This frame has no power whatsoever, and the string bed is completely dead feeling.

plus
01-15-2008, 12:44 PM
What stick do you usually use?

recently the ncode six-one 95

before: ROK (low powered), PS95, PS 7.5 (very low powered)

I doubt if I should switch to the K95 or to the kblade tour..