PDA

View Full Version : I don't like HEAD pj(MG Prestige) by China.

roller~
01-14-2008, 09:42 AM
These days, many rackets is made in China.
Bad, but itīs just one of those things.
But the problem is that HEAD paintjob by China is bloody rough~!
And 'Made in China' is engraved on frame, not sticker(until now, that is).
Cuz the early products..? Get better..?
What do you think?

galain
01-14-2008, 12:15 PM
If by "rough' you mean poor workmanship, well, I can't comment. But, as someone who has never let a paintjob get in the way of a good frame before, I have to say, these new Microgel paintjobs are really the worst look of any frame I've seen in recent times.

A zebra? A tiger? I mean, c'mon? What kind of market is Head trying to appeal to?

I saw a few up close recently - not as bad as they look from a distance, but that's like saying a migraine isn't as bad as meningitis. Just bloody awful.

drakulie
01-14-2008, 12:26 PM
^^ I feel the opposite. I love the new paintjob.

roller~
01-14-2008, 06:37 PM

Of course, I do like the design(pj) too.
But paintjob workmanship itself is blooldy terrible.

VikingSamurai
01-14-2008, 06:50 PM

I have always had that feeling with Wilson frames.. The painjobs are all out of alignment in some parts ect ect.. Its kinda why I am reluctant to do customs for people. Because it really is pretty difficult to do the perfect paintjob.. Its obvious that the big companies don't care too much, so I don't know why I stress about it, but I do..

psp2
01-14-2008, 08:30 PM

The pj quality on my PPro is nice and smooth. I don't know what else to say.

GokuQ
01-15-2008, 09:29 AM
i like the prestige pro a lot and have preordered a few
but i have to agree, the paint job is really ugly
the prestige is supposed to be an all business frame, they made it look totally DISCO.....

Automatix
01-15-2008, 10:05 AM
The pj is a nightmare however this won't stop me from demoing the Mid and Pro MP... just for comparison reasons because I am really happy with my i.Prestiges, IMHO much better than the LM and FXP versions + all "Made in Austria" :-D

roller~
01-15-2008, 10:17 AM
The pj quality on my PPro is nice and smooth. I don't know what else to say.

Plz look at the others.

roller~
01-15-2008, 10:18 AM
i like the prestige pro a lot and have preordered a few
but i have to agree, the paint job is really ugly
the prestige is supposed to be an all business frame, they made it look totally DISCO.....

Exactly, bumpy pj..:)

Zachol82
01-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Yonex racquets are made in Japan. Their paintjob is awesome. Even though the paint is starting to chip on my RDS 002 Tour...probably not because of the paint quality but I sometimes hit the court with my racquet pretty hard on trying to get some balls back. I really like it nonetheless.

I do admit that the paintjob on the MG is a bit...sub par.

Automatix
01-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Yonex racquets are made in Japan. Their paintjob is awesome. Even though the paint is starting to chip on my RDS 002 Tour...probably not because of the paint quality but I sometimes hit the court with my racquet pretty hard on trying to get some balls back. I really like it nonetheless.

I do admit that the paintjob on the MG is a bit...sub par.

Unfortunately Yonex pjs tend to chip easily that's their weakness, they are great, tip-top finish etc. but they chip fast... you can search for threads about this.

I agree that when it comes to quality Yonex rules but show me a Yonex racquet with an 18x20 stringpattern with a 90-95 sq inch head size which weighs more than 325g unstrung... there's no such frame and that's one of the reasons I went with the i.Prestiges.

Gimmick
01-15-2008, 03:12 PM
My MGPP has a very smooth paint job and the graphics are all clear and well aligned. I'm not sure what sort of defects everyone else is seeing. The pro looks good in person too.

psp2
01-15-2008, 09:04 PM
The pj quality looks good to me.

http://tinyurl.com/uxnsv

RestockingTues
01-15-2008, 09:24 PM

I loved it too. The MG should've come out before Xmas though. Get into the holiday spirit :[

max200G
01-17-2008, 08:55 AM
The pj quality looks good to me.

http://tinyurl.com/uxnsv

Me too. I don't know what the OP is talking about.

Shangri La
01-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Lovely paintjob of the prestiges. Looks even better in person.

kumat63
01-17-2008, 04:43 PM
I have 3 Microgel Prestige Midplus frames that were made in Kennelbach Austria, from their pro run and have compared them side by side to a retail made in China MG Prestige and they look absolutely identical to me, both very high quality paint jobs and very solid feeling, good performing sticks. Actually the black butt cap on my Austrians looks cheaper than the cap on the Chinese run...

deflori
01-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Is there a big difference on the pro grips to the "normal" china grips?

Differnce from the handle,or are they running bigger/smaller from the grips?