PDA

View Full Version : Moving from nPro Open?

TripleB
01-14-2008, 10:53 AM
A buddy of mine (4.0, 75% baseliner, 25% volleyer) is currently using a Wilson nPro Open and is looking for a new racquet that has "a similar feel with maybe a little more weight and is just as good at net as it is from the backcourt."

I told him to consider demoing 4 from the following list: Babolat AeroPro Drive w/Cortex, Babolat Pure Drive Standard w/Cortex, Head MicroGel Radical Pro, Prince 03 Speed Port Tour, Prince Speed Port Black.

I've only played with the Head out of that bunch so I couldn't really give him any feedback on the others.

Can anyone here give some info on the other four, how they compare to his nPro Open, or any other racquets you think he should consider demoing that aren't on that list?

TripleB

Rasta
01-14-2008, 11:55 AM
I would suggest the Yonex RDS 001 MP. It has good heft and is maneuverable. A nice all around stick.

babar
01-14-2008, 12:13 PM
If you don't mind a little more rectangular grip shape, I would suggest the Head Instinct (LM or FXP). I haven't used the MG, but I'm sure it isn't too different. The weight isn't that different, but the swingweight is a little more so it feels more powerful and heavier.

bad_call
01-14-2008, 12:15 PM
3B - i believe the volkl T9 V is comparable to the nPro Open. how much additional weight, etc does your bud want in the next stick?

TripleB
01-14-2008, 12:23 PM
3B - i believe the volkl T9 V is comparable to the nPro Open. how much additional weight, etc does your bud want in the next stick?

Well, I mentioned those two racquets above that weighed in around 11.7 ounces and he didn't turn up his nose at them. But, I would venture to say that he wouldn't want something that heavy...listening to some comments he's made while playing with/against him I'm thinking he would want to stay close to the 11.0 ounce range, slightly head light, moderate power, and medium/heavy spin potential.

TripleB

TripleB
01-14-2008, 04:00 PM
He now says (or emails rather) that he likes the look of the Becker V1 :confused:.

Anyway, can anyone give some comments on the BV1?

TripleB

adso1973
01-14-2008, 04:54 PM
If he want, something like the npro open, heavier I will suggest:
RDS003, head Instinct, head microgel Extreme tour, Pure Storm (its not heavier, but probably feels more control oriented).

If he wants more control oriented and heavy
Them run for the RDS001, Prince O3 tour, Fischer Mspeed pro nr 1, DNX 9.

I have demoed all those racquets, and found them confortable, control oriented and nice racquets to improve your game..

Wish I've helped you and your friend!

adso1973
01-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Hey, also as the npro open is another nice racquet, would suggest add some lead and try different strings!! the racquet could feel totally different with some almost insignifican modifications! :)