PDA

View Full Version : Is there a marketing consensus on colour scheme each season?

galain
01-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Just an observation. Who decides, and how is it decided, what the 'in' colours are for each season?

With a few exceptions, it seems the whole racquet world has gone yellow, white and black. Head, Yonex, Dunlop has some a frame with this colour, I even watched Seppi yesterday swinging a yellow, white and black Pro Kennex. I think the NBlade is the only example to have been superceded.

A little while ago it seemed as though everything was red.

Is there some agreed upon combination at the beginning of each season? Is it a case of companies copying other companies? Just curious.

NoBadMojo
01-14-2008, 12:28 PM
I noticed this too....seems as though the corporate spies spy on one other. both Wilson and Head seem to be big on the red/white/black candy cane combo. Same is true for the tennis 'costumes' from Nike and Adidas, some of which look downright girly IMO ;O

El Diablo
01-14-2008, 12:41 PM
I read an interesting article on this maybe 10 years ago. There is a sequence whereby different industries follow suit. I believe it starts in the fashion industry where a particular color will dominate each year. About a year later, shades of that color dominate the palate for new car colors, as the auto industry wants to give the public a year to get used to a color before they have to look at it in a larger scale. The color will then typically find its way into a variety of consumer goods.

VGP
01-14-2008, 01:51 PM
I posted a thread a while back that got no responses.....but now, the Dunlop HM200g would now be "in style."

anirut
01-14-2008, 04:20 PM
So, was Seppi swinging the new BlackAce?

rabidcow
01-14-2008, 05:28 PM
I think**, that he is referring to one of the "5" series of racquets as they are the yellow racquet that would be the most logical.

galain
01-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Anirut

I don't know mate. I'm not familiar with the PK lineup as it is right now. Does the Black Ace have a predominantly yellow colour scheme? Sounds a little odd.

I will say this. Seppi was getting his ***** handed to him by Harel Levy for 4 straight games but he found a way to win convincingly. It was an impressive performance from him.

anirut
01-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Anirut

I don't know mate. I'm not familiar with the PK lineup as it is right now. Does the Black Ace have a predominantly yellow colour scheme? Sounds a little odd.

I will say this. Seppi was getting his ***** handed to him by Harel Levy for 4 straight games but he found a way to win convincingly. It was an impressive performance from him.

Oh ... in that case, no. Then it's not the new Black. The new Black only has a yellow bridge and that's all the yellow there is on the the new Black.

Thanks, galain.

FuriousYellow
01-14-2008, 07:15 PM
I've noticed the same thing about tennis apparel as well.

It seems to be mainly between Head and Wilson. A couple years ago it was the lime green. Now, Head has taken the wild stripes look Wilson introduced with the K line.

Noveson
01-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah yellow/green is hot right now, the FXP Heat, Microgel Extreme and Instinct, NSurge N Open ect, the new Aero Drives, there's a lot out there.