PDA

View Full Version : Jana Novotna looking hot now

2 Cent
01-15-2008, 01:53 PM
they showed a little bit of her on that Chris Evert celebrity tennis thing on ESPN the other night.
Jana Novotna looked frickin' hot.
nice slimmed down, sexy body. she looks real cute.
she looks better now than she did back in the day.
she was never hot back in the day, but now she's hot little cougar.

i remember how touching it was when she lost in the Wimbledon final and cried in the Queen's arms. aww.
but then she came back the next year and redeemed herself ! :D

galain
01-15-2008, 01:56 PM
they showed a little bit of her on that Chris Evert celebrity tennis thing on ESPN the other night.
Jana Novotna looked frickin' hot.
nice slimmed down, sexy body. she looks real cute.
she looks better now than she did back in the day.
she was never hot back in the day, but now she's hot little cougar.

i remember how touching it was when she lost in the Wimbledon final and cried in the Queen's arms. aww.
but then she came back the next year and redeemed herself ! :D

Umm - that was the Duchess of Kent...... and I think Novotna always played for the other team. Do 'cougars' exist in the gay world?

CAM178
01-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Thank God someone clarified this, as I was going to suggest that Novotna would have had some major plastic surgery for her to be 'fricking hot' in anybody's book. Novotna had a great game, but like most female tennis players, she was not very appealing to the eyes.

Leelord337
01-15-2008, 09:44 PM
^^^post pics pleez

TheShaun
01-15-2008, 10:11 PM
http://www.pbol.com/pechter/evert1999/images/Ev99Nov3.jpg

Vermillion
01-15-2008, 10:15 PM
I prefer "the duchess of kent"

Mick
01-15-2008, 10:18 PM
she looks fitter than some of the WTA players that are competing at the AO.

cghipp
01-15-2008, 10:23 PM
She looked to be in fantastic shape. And I've always thought she was kind of cute, but that was a combination of her personality and her looks. As an aside, did anyone else notice that Chris Evert is ridiculously uptight, even at her own celebrity event?

Mick
01-15-2008, 10:29 PM
I noticed that too.

CAM178
01-15-2008, 10:33 PM
she looks fitter than some of the WTA players that are competing at the AO.
LOL. . . that's not hard this year. Some of these chicks at the AO are bi-i-ig. They look like what we used to call some girls at the bars: LB's. . . . LineBackers.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
01-15-2008, 10:33 PM
I saw her play a match against Navritilova at the US Open in an exhibition, and she looked really good. I hardly could have recognized her.

bluetrain4
01-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Novatna looks great. If she's a lesbian, so be it. She was a great player, and from what I've read, a good person.

cghipp
01-15-2008, 11:50 PM
I find myself pulling for players who have some fragility on the court, because they remind me of myself more than the superhuman types like Federer or Graf. So I always cheered for Novotna and, similarly, Mauresmo, because I can identify when they're struggling to close out a match, for example. On the other hand, it's also fun to pull for a big winner, like Federer, Sampras, or the Braves some years back. But I think I had the biggest soft spot for Novotna. Even now, when I see footage of her crying on the Duchess' shoulder, I get choked up!

galain
01-16-2008, 05:21 AM
Novatna looks great. If she's a lesbian, so be it. She was a great player, and from what I've read, a good person.

Nobody is knocking her sexuality. I just wondered if the term 'cougar' was used amongst gay women as it is with straight men.
Novotna was one of my favourite players back in the day. Despite her fragility I always thought she was a more solid (though less brilliant) version of her coach, Hana.

swedechris
01-16-2008, 06:17 AM
looking lady .. she is naturally slim and seems to be relaxed to about her looks and maturing very nicely . indeed..

it seems to me and this is just speculation / 'personal theory' ..but women that stem from slavic countires i.e. russia, czech republich , the balkans , estonia, latvia , and perhaps also hungary and simialr places are less prone to age badly provided they have the means / education on eating a good diet .. guess they dont drive suv or bad *** cars everywhere and walk a lot like most europenas do..
wow i sound like a race professor , right ? :) just kiddin.. these women rock...

Warriorroger
01-16-2008, 08:34 AM
I find myself pulling for players who have some fragility on the court, because they remind me of myself more than the superhuman types like Federer or Graf. So I always cheered for Novotna and, similarly, Mauresmo, because I can identify when they're struggling to close out a match, for example. On the other hand, it's also fun to pull for a big winner, like Federer, Sampras, or the Braves some years back. But I think I had the biggest soft spot for Novotna. Even now, when I see footage of her crying on the Duchess' shoulder, I get choked up!

Like your post, I always loved Steffi and Roger (the superhuma: love that remark), mark my words, if Roger gets to the stage of being the sentimental favorite like Steffi at the end of her career, people will start missing them. Jana was a good player though, she had bad luck of being in an era, with mentally very tough players like Graf and Seles, as for talent, she was up with them.

bluetrain4
01-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Novatna "making good" on her goal to come back and win Wimbledon after choking away the 1993 final, is a great story. Talk about exorcising demons, I was really happy for her when she won it.

2 Cent
01-18-2008, 12:20 PM
i can't find any of her body pics, but trust me, she looks tight as a racquet string.

actually here's a little taste... not the best pics, unfortunately.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1069/1341783625_2b815a3341.jpg

Gimmick
01-18-2008, 06:06 PM
That'll prolly do it for me just snug in abot 70 yr giv or tak.

Leelord337
01-18-2008, 08:39 PM
^^^ chris evert is hotter btw for her age

obanaghan
01-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Only in the world of women's tennis would the evert be followed by hot. She was plain at best in the 70s and now she is a sun baked raisin.

pabletion
01-28-2008, 11:38 AM
^^^ chris evert is hotter btw for her age

Chris evert needs a face lift

Deuce
01-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Only in the world of women's tennis would the evert be followed by hot. She was plain at best in the 70s and now she is a sun baked raisin.
I always felt that she looked noticeably better in the 80s than in the 70s.
As she aged, she looked better and better - and looked best just before she retired.

Regarding the comment about her being "uptight"... yes - she always had an obnoxious/arrogant streak in her.
I suppose it was that similarity that attracted her to Connors.

Lendlisking
02-01-2008, 02:00 PM
I prefer "the duchess of kent"

Not that bad ?

JZImmer123
02-20-2008, 07:16 PM
I'll say this, Novatna definately looks better now than she did 10-15 years ago. She's one of those female players that better looking with age, kind of like how a fine wine gets better with age. Just like how Seles looks better now than she did 10 years ago.

Leublu tennis
02-25-2008, 06:13 AM
looking lady .. she is naturally slim and seems to be relaxed to about her looks and maturing very nicely . indeed..

it seems to me and this is just speculation / 'personal theory' ..but women that stem from slavic countires i.e. russia, czech republich , the balkans , estonia, latvia , and perhaps also hungary and simialr places are less prone to age badly provided they have the means / education on eating a good diet .. guess they dont drive suv or bad *** cars everywhere and walk a lot like most europenas do..
wow i sound like a race professor , right ? :) just kiddin.. these women rock...
No big deal, but Estonia, Latvia, and Hungary are not Slavic countries.