PDA

View Full Version : B.L.T. --- Froddo Baggins: Man could I go for one right now!

Dedans Penthouse
12-10-2004, 12:16 PM
I have these every once in a blue moon (years). A B.L.T. on light crunchy toast with lettuce that's not limpy and whimpy, a nice slice of a beefsteak tomato, CRISPY bacon and a nice 'schmear' of Hellman's real mayonaise........with an ice-cold (33 F) Pepsie in a long-necked glass bottle to go with it? Thanks. (I haven't had lunch).........Froddo Baggins, go get me one RIGHT NOW---and make it snappy! ....... pretty please?? .......

Frodo Baggins
12-10-2004, 02:06 PM
I'll be careful Sean- If I were you... Sure I'll go an get you that BLT...Would you like a side order of STING to go with it... Or a Order of Aragorn... CAREFUL cause Aragorn is watching...

Dedans Penthouse
12-13-2004, 06:55 AM
I'll be careful Sean- If I were you... Sure I'll go an get you that BLT...Would you like a side order of STING to go with it... Or a Order of Aragorn... CAREFUL cause Aragorn is watching...

A side order of Sting? Nah, he's become more and more of a stuck-up jazz snob ("mr. establishment") if you get my drift. But I suspect you didn't mean Sting the bassist. You meant that Bilbo-given sword. I don't want a side-order of Sting...but you can use it to cut the B.L.T. in half, thank you. Aragorn? A side order of Agagorn, i.e. a role played by a Danish-American MALE actor? Thanks no, but I make it a point not to "snuggle-with-stubble" :wink:

"I'll go and get you that BLT" --- Thanks.....that's all I wanted to know Ivy :wink:

The Green Mile
07-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Damn, that sounds very good. I think I am going to make one right now...

stringertom
07-07-2014, 09:14 PM
r2 says hold L, T and Hellman's. While you're at it, 86 the bread.

SoBad
07-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Thanks for bumping this up. One aspect of internet forums that I have struggled to understand is the hostility toward posters bumping old threads. Heck, I’ve been bumping nadalgirl26’s threads every time Nadal wins a slam!:lol:

The Green Mile
07-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Finished it. As I thought, delecious. Now all I need is the pepsie...

SoBad
07-07-2014, 09:57 PM
The beverage is served before the meal in high society.

The Green Mile
07-07-2014, 10:06 PM
The beverage is served before the meal in high society.

I have no beverage to begin with... :(

SoBad
07-07-2014, 10:14 PM
No coke in the fridge
No walk to high plane

Rhododendrons infused
Only in his dreams

Even though snowed upon
Walked to rescue his lover

The wisteria leaves
Betray no secret

The Green Mile
07-07-2014, 10:24 PM
No coke in the fridge
No walk to high plane

Rhododendrons infused
Only in his dreams

Even though snowed upon
Walked to rescue his lover

The wisteria leaves
Betray no secret

Rhododendron.... Rhododendron Infused TEA!!! Thanks SoBad!!!!!

MichaelNadal
07-07-2014, 10:53 PM
I have to have cheese on a BLT.... sorry lol.

SoBad
07-07-2014, 11:01 PM
It’s frustrating when you struggle to fit white wines and dutch lager into the fridge because of all the cheese and prosciutto in there.

MichaelNadal
07-07-2014, 11:08 PM
:lol: I just realized this thread is 10 years old.... EPIC BUMP greenster... seriously! :lol:

SoBad
07-07-2014, 11:18 PM
:lol: I just realized this thread is 10 years old.... EPIC BUMP greenster... seriously! :lol:

The fresh green GM showcasing his research and analysis skills early on. Not entirely unusual we have shepherds getting high on rhododendron infusions all the time around here.

The Green Mile
07-07-2014, 11:24 PM

Yes, well... there I was, browsing the rich history of TTW, as you do, and already quite famished, and out the corner of my eye I spot THIS gem!

With a ravenous look on my face, I opened the thread, and read DPs description of the B.L.T.

It was pretty much over at that point, as I hopped off TTW, and started to prepare the sandwich.

With the help of SoBad, I found out that I did NOT have a beverage nearby, and proceeded to make a pot of tea instead...

MichaelNadal
07-07-2014, 11:48 PM
Haha nice. I've been on a sandwich kick lately. They're great.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/34/10/00/0007341000343_500X500.jpg

I get that bread... (sourdough is awesome) and mayo, mustard, cheese, lettuce, and usually pastrami, turkey or ham... I should definitely start adding bacon and tomato.

The Green Mile
07-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Haha nice. I've been on a sandwich kick lately. They're great.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/34/10/00/0007341000343_500X500.jpg

I get that bread... (sourdough is awesome) and mayo, mustard, cheese, lettuce, and usually pastrami, turkey or ham... I should definitely start adding bacon and tomato.

Mmm yummm!! I haven't had sourdough bread in AGES............

ollinger
07-08-2014, 04:53 AM
A combination I've come to love, and which adds some nutrition to the BLT, is tuna salad with BLT added. Works really well together.