PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy w/TW...

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 01:57 PM
I ordered two matched K Factor 90 racquets on Tuesday. I CLEARLY requested a match done in an email to one of the CSR's (whoi will remain nameless). I instructed him to have a matched pair (on the lower end of the static and SW spectrum). Everything seemed fine. I even asked how would I know the specs and he told me that they would have some type of sticker marking the information (specs). I was as happy as pig in slop. Until I got the racquets.

There are a few members that I have conversed with in the past that know my ability to "feel" the static weight of a racquet to the smallest difference in grams.

Upon opening the box, I looked for the sticker, none to be found. I pulled the racquets out of the wrapper. The first one felt like it was a bit on the heavy side...I was iok with that. The next racquet....was lighter. I was a bit upset, but I was not sure. Maybe it was me. I called TW and they confirmed the matching had not been done. Now I am mad. The CSR asked me to inform TW which of the two I would like to be matched and send them back.

I am asking/begging someone at TW to take care of this problem. This is a terrific company, but I am not a happy customer. I will send the racquets tonight. I will note which one I liiked better. I need 2 with matching specs. Please let me know if this is possible. I have a small doubles tourney tomorrow and Sunday. Guess I gotta play with my Redondo.

OrangeOne
01-18-2008, 02:05 PM
In summary:

You ordered two matched K90s and TW forgot to match them. They've apologised and said they will match them for you. You want no paint chips in the frames you receive.

....talk about making a mountain out of a molehill, especially when TW have already said they'd fix most of the issue you're complaining about!

PS. Why all the email - why not call in a case like this?

iradical18
01-18-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm sure TW will be quick in fixing it for you. Can you really feel the difference in a few grams though?

Edit: OO is completely right. Certainly making a bigger deal out of it than it is.

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 02:12 PM
In summary:

You ordered two matched K90s and TW forgot to match them. They've apologised and said they will match them for you. You want no paint chips in the frames you receive.

....talk about making a mountain out of a molehill, especially when TW have already said they'd fix most of the issue you're complaining about!

I called. I vented. Its not a molehill. They have YET to fix anything.

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm sure TW will be quick in fixing it for you. Can you really feel the difference in a few grams though?

Edit: OO is completely right. Certainly making a bigger deal out of it than it is.

by tomorrow?? I have a weekend tourney tomorrow. I only enter 2-3 a year.

unfortunetly yes. I can feel even a 2-3 gram difference. At least I have had in my own racquets. The issue I had is I requested in writing a match and I actually spoke to the person. Maybe my post was to inform others to make sure they don't "forget" as OO mentioned.

LOL...people make big deals all the time. No, its not the end of the world, but I had a complaint and I am hoping an admin will see this and take care of this (I know they will). I just feel I made a call, sent an email and that did not work, so maybe an Admin will help.:)

HeadPrestige
01-18-2008, 02:18 PM
I called. I vented. Its not a molehill. They have YET to fix anything.

they cannot fix anything without you sending back the racket. By telling you to send it back and that they would fix the problem sure sounds like they are fixing it to me.

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 02:20 PM
they cannot fix anything without you sending back the racket. By telling you to send it back and that they would fix the problem sure sounds like they are fixing it to me.

I agree. please read my other posts. you are missing the point.:(

OrangeOne
01-18-2008, 02:22 PM
by tomorrow?? I have a weekend tourney tomorrow. I only enter 2-3 a year.

Off-topic...If you're having to play with your old (current) frames... were you really about to rock up to a tourny with new-new frames? Odd....

Agreed.

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Off-topic...If you're having to play with your old (current) frames... were you really about to rock up to a tourny with new-new frames? Odd....

Agreed.

OO...once again. I am asking that an Admin see this and make sure it is taken care of. I know the level of TW service is second to none. I mention this for that reason and also for anyone else wanting to get a matched pair to make sure that is what they get. I am no longer angry, but dissapointed.

I have never played the Redondo, just got it 2 days ago. The new frames are the ones I have been demoing/playing the past 2 weeks. Racquets with fresh Natural gut play extremely well for me, so that is why I am dissapointed.

TheShaun
01-18-2008, 03:00 PM
why so much hate on slappano?

he's just letting everyone know what happened. there was an error made that will be corrected. when you're excited to get something and it arrives incorrectly it's disappointing.

as he stated, tw customer service is second to none. i bet if he didn't have the tourney this weekend this would be less of an issue. just my two cents. good luck this weekend slappano.

Vitaly Evchenkov
01-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Looks like someone wanting an excuse when they lose their next match!!!

:shock::confused::twisted:

TW Staff
01-18-2008, 03:35 PM
I apologize for the error we made in your previous order.

One of our customer service supervisors has contacted Slappano and the situation has been taken care of.

Slappano, if there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to call us. 1-800-883-6647

Jason, TW

CanadianChic
01-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Jason, again a situation is handled with both dignity and class on your end. I respect you guys very much. I have neither the patience nor the annoyance threshold to listen to whiners all day. Mind you, at my job we must tolerate many a minor issue as well (and I understand that one man's molehill is another man's mountain), but we all have an expression we use with each other: "Did anyone die? No? Great! Let's all move along then...NEXT!!!"

**Before I even here about it...I was referring to whiners in the general term (not referencing Slappano) but merely the beefs and disgruntlements in the customer service industry.**

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 05:12 PM
why so much hate on slappano?

he's just letting everyone know what happened. there was an error made that will be corrected. when you're excited to get something and it arrives incorrectly it's disappointing.

as he stated, tw customer service is second to none. i bet if he didn't have the tourney this weekend this would be less of an issue. just my two cents. good luck this weekend slappano.

Thanks TS...I appreciate your understanding of the situation. I was pretty stoked to get them and play. Just this morning my playing partner asked me if I was planning on taking my two new sticks to bed with me (he knew my excitement). I called him aboiut an hour ago and his first question was "what are you going to play?? You can't play with your Mcenroe racquet (200g) against these guys" I told him about the Redondo and he seemed more annoyed than I was...I had to tell him everything will be fine...LOL.:)

Update: I ended up speaking w/an Admin on the phone a while back. He said once the racquets arrive he will be sure to take of everything. He was very helpful. Can't remember his name..Bob??:)

CanadianChic
01-18-2008, 05:15 PM
And what have we learned from this little experience Slappy? ;)

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=Vitaly Evchenkov;2012342]Looks like someone wanting an excuse when they lose their next match!!!

If you knew the doubles team we have tomorrow morning you would use that excuse too.:)
Both players have the hardest serves in the league...they are easily one and two. That is why my partner told me NOT to bring the 200g. I can serve, hit nice groundstrokes and of course play the net well with it, but return of service is bad..real bad.:(

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 05:26 PM
And what have we learned from this little experience Slappy? ;)

not sure...what do you think?

I totally agree with your prior post. I worked for 2 financial companies (just prior to my woinderful career job I have now) in their customer support area (the damn phone lines). I worked in the retirement department (402k, IRA, etc.). I had to be licensed to deal with extremely ignorant people on a minute to minute basis. One reason why I have not stepped foot in a KMART since 1999. We had their retirement plan. These people did noit even know how to enter their SS# to get into their accounts. Just silly little things. I had to deal with all sorts of issues, but one thing I learned was to walk in their shoes. To look through their eyes. One of my managers helped to understand how to deal with these issues and I was a better person for it.

I probably should have waited to post until now if I still felt I had an issue. I would have, but most likely in a different manner. But I don't think I was whining at all. What some people fail to realize is I won't have these racquets until Jan 29 or 30th. I ordered them on the 15th...so that is quite a wait. I was really excited, dreaming about it. There is nothing like the first 1/2 hour with gut. Kinda like the first 6 Canadian beers on a hot day.:)

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 05:28 PM
I apologize for the error we made in your previous order.

One of our customer service supervisors has contacted Slappano and the situation has been taken care of.

Slappano, if there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to call us. 1-800-883-6647

Jason, TW

Thx Jason..not sure who I spoke to (you??) but I feel better about the situation. I hope UPS somehow delivers these puppies back earlier than I expect. I got them to UPS, so I will keep my fingers crossed.

CanadianChic
01-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Change that to Kokanee and we are on the same page. ;) I'm glad you did not take my post as a personal slam which it was most certainly NOT intended to be. You understood what I was saying (a quality many posters have yet to acquire I suppose) and you turned a rant into some humour. Good job. I would like to say I am a follower of the ten deep breaths rule myself but I usually only make it to eight. You get my point. Peace~CC.

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 05:36 PM
I understand this guy was looking forward to the racquets, but damn. . .everyone makes mistakes. TW fessed up and is going to fix it. I'm not understanding the problem.

If you think this is bad, try dealing with TW's competitors in MD (Hol*a*bird). They screwed up an order of mine. . . know what they told me? 'Tough sh**. Yeah, we screwed up, but that's life.' I immediately called TW, as I felt like I had cheated on a gf. They were so cool. Haven't bought from anybody else since.

Moral of the story: don't b*itch about a problem that doesn't exist.

Well, I gotta go brew some coffee. Wait a minute. . . what the. . !! These coffee filters are supposed to be 3.4 grams, and this one is only 3.1 grams. . . . dammit!! That's it! I'm going back to my grocery store to give them a piece of my mind!
:lol:

I used to deal with the bird also. In fact, I had ordered every piece of tennis equipment form the bird while I was in high school during the late 80's to 90. Reason was they accept COD and most other places would not. Plus they were so close to PA that it only too a day or two to get my stuff. I never ordered a thing from TW until I became a member of these boards. In fact, I order from them because of their service, price policy and the forum. I am willing to wait the extra 4-6 days for something because of this (I now get stuff from bird in one day). Around 2 years ago I had 3 seperate issues and you are right about their attitude. They made some false claims and I found TW.

Be aware that I never said TW would not fix it or second guessed them. To be honest, it seems some of you feel the need to go overboard so you think TW Admin's will like you or something. As if coming to their defense (when uneccessary) would get you something. I know they will take care of it.

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Change that to Kokanee and we are on the same page. ;) I'm glad you did not take my post as a personal slam which it was most certainly NOT intended to be. You understood what I was saying (a quality many posters have yet to acquire I suppose) and you turned a rant into some humour. Good job. I would like to say I am a follower of the ten deep breaths rule myself but I usually only make it to eight. You get my point. Peace~CC.

Thanks CC. I don't think I even take one breathe sometimes.

What is Kokanee?? I will be visiting my family (I was born in Toronto) this summer. I assume I will find Kokanee at The Beer Store?

CanadianChic
01-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Well...I can't speak for anyone else here but I know I won them over a long time ago with my winning personality, ability to never cause the mods unnecessary time wasted in deleting my posts, and overall sunny disposition. Yeah...that's it. lol.

CanadianChic
01-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks CC. I don't think I even take one breathe sometimes.

What is Kokanee?? I will be visiting my family (I was born in Toronto) this summer. I assume I will find Kokanee at The Beer Store?

Yes you sure will find it no worries. I won't say it is the best beer in the world, but it is all right (certainly a cut above the other domestics). I didn't know you were a Canuck Slappano. :)

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Yes you sure will find it no worries. I won't say it is the best beer in the world, but it is all right (certainly a cut above the other domestics). I didn't know you were a Canuck Slappano. :)

I was born in Canada. I was conceived in Italy (parents were born and raised in Italy), lived in N. York area for my first 18 months and moved back to Italy. I lived in Europe till age 9 and moved here to the States. I never moved back to Canada. I have visited often though.

BeHappy
01-18-2008, 06:17 PM
2-3 grams?

one word:

lead

CanadianChic
01-18-2008, 06:17 PM
I was born in Canada. I was conceived in Italy (parents were born and raised in Italy), lived in N. York area for my first 18 months and moved back to Italy. I lived in Europe till age 9 and moved here to the States. I never moved back to Canada. I have visited often though.

Well, up here that is enough to make you a Canadian. Don't worry, we won't hold the rest over you. ;)

CAM178
01-18-2008, 06:30 PM
I used to deal with the bird also. In fact, I had ordered every piece of tennis equipment form the bird while I was in high school during the late 80's to 90. Reason was they accept COD and most other places would not. Plus they were so close to PA that it only too a day or two to get my stuff. I never ordered a thing from TW until I became a member of these boards. In fact, I order from them because of their service, price policy and the forum. I am willing to wait the extra 4-6 days for something because of this (I now get stuff from bird in one day). Around 2 years ago I had 3 seperate issues and you are right about their attitude. They made some false claims and I found TW.
Be aware that I never said TW would not fix it or second guessed them. To be honest, it seems some of you feel the need to go overboard so you think TW Admin's will like you or something. As if coming to their defense (when uneccessary) would get you something. I know they will take care of it.
Hey, my post was meant to be funny, so sorry if you took it any other way. Thusly why I wrote about my coffee filter weight difference, followed by the smiley. Take my posts lightly, as I don't ever mean to start stuff. :)

The Bird su-u-ucks. Never will deal with them again.

No worries, man. As long as you get the sticks you want, that's all that matters.

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 06:52 PM
2-3 grams?

one word:

lead

I actually tried that with my other racquet and I got severe shoulder pain. toom off the lead and it was in 2-3 weeks. I believe it was 6 grams.

I'm actually not sure of the weight difference, so I don't know.

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Hey, my post was meant to be funny, so sorry if you took it any other way. Thusly why I wrote about my coffee filter weight difference, followed by the smiley. Take my posts lightly, as I don't ever mean to start stuff. :)

The Bird su-u-ucks. Never will deal with them again.

No worries, man. As long as you get the sticks you want, that's all that matters.

no worries. I will just have to keep dreaming for now.:):)

Azzurri
01-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Well, up here that is enough to make you a Canadian. Don't worry, we won't hold the rest over you. ;)

My family always makes fun of me because I am so "American:..lol.:)

TheShaun
01-18-2008, 09:07 PM

it's the best of the mass produced but there are many better micro brews.

http://montysbluff.com/kokanee.jpg

VikingSamurai
01-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Sorry, I gotta stir the pot here and break up the love fest.. I just finished reading this thread. And as far as I see it. CC you came into a thread that you probably didn't need to, and said what you said, for what ever reason you said it. Then come back later and say that you "really didn't" mean it like that, and you hope that Slap didn't take it in a way "wink-wink" that meant him in general. Yet you still said it, but "wink-wink" lets have a beer and be mates?..

Forgive me for noticing stuff like this. But other than to have a go at Slap. Then what was the purpose of your smarmy comment to begin with then?. If you really didn't mean what you said. Then why did you say anything at all?. Sorry Slap, but you got backhanded, and I really don't think you deserved it..

snoopy
01-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Chris in Japan, I've figured you out. You really love to stir up the pot and now I know why.

You're orignally from Australia, so you were raised to have a feisty and competitve nature. Yet now you are in Japan, a country that seeks consensus, avoids confrontation, and teaches it's young to respect authority. As an aussie in Japan you must be going nuts. You have to surpress your tru nature.

The TW boards are like therapy for you. You can be yourself here in a in a way that you can't be in everyday life in Japan.

I should be a psychologist.

VikingSamurai
01-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Hhhmmm.. To be so proud of yourself, yet so wrong is kind of amusing to me :)

VikingSamurai
01-18-2008, 10:52 PM
Actually I do kind of get bored here in Japan at times, you are right. But I am always myself.. I do however, as I do any country I live or visit, respect the culture and way of life, but I never lose sight of who I am.. I guess my biggest downfall is that I call a spade a f***ing shovel. So if anything, my to-the-point-ness (not fiesty nature) can be a little confronting at times yes.

flyboy1
01-19-2008, 04:29 AM
Sorry, I gotta stir the pot here and break up the love fest.. I just finished reading this thread. And as far as I see it. CC you came into a thread that you probably didn't need to, and said what you said, for what ever reason you said it. Then come back later and say that you "really didn't" mean it like that, and you hope that Slap didn't take it in a way "wink-wink" that meant him in general. Yet you still said it, but "wink-wink" lets have a beer and be mates?..

Forgive me for noticing stuff like this. But other than to have a go at Slap. Then what was the purpose of your smarmy comment to begin with then?. If you really didn't mean what you said. Then why did you say anything at all?. Sorry Slap, but you got backhanded, and I really don't think you deserved it..

Yup. You hit the nail on the head Chris. Have you ever noticed that posters like that usually just troll around in the "Rants and Raves" section and seldom have anything to say about, oh, I don't know, tennis? There are about 10 or so, where all they do is post in the non-tennis related threads. I must admit, I have noticed that a good percentage of my posts are in those areas as well, but I get the feeling that the posters that you alluded to are simply sharks in the water sniffing around for chum.

barry
01-19-2008, 04:49 AM
I don't believe Wilson makes 2 rackets alike. I selected 2 from a dozen at a local pro shop, they were all different. The 2 rackets I wound up with play different even though the serial numbers are close.

Has anyone ever purchased similar playing rackets? Even the grip sizes vary, I don't get it. Must be hand made.

nickb
01-19-2008, 05:27 AM
I don't believe Wilson makes 2 rackets alike. I selected 2 from a dozen at a local pro shop, they were all different. The 2 rackets I wound up with play different even though the serial numbers are close.

Has anyone ever purchased similar playing rackets? Even the grip sizes vary, I don't get it. Must be hand made.

My 6 rackets are all identical...must be Fischer quality control :)

Nick

VikingSamurai
01-19-2008, 05:53 AM
Yup. You hit the nail on the head Chris. Have you ever noticed that posters like that usually just troll around in the "Rants and Raves" section and seldom have anything to say about, oh, I don't know, tennis? There are about 10 or so, where all they do is post in the non-tennis related threads. I must admit, I have noticed that a good percentage of my posts are in those areas as well, but I get the feeling that the posters that you alluded to are simply sharks in the water sniffing around for chum.

Yet, I get accused by complete strangers for having no life and using the boards to vent?... Go figure eh? ;)

Pro_Tour_630
01-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Looks like someone wanting an excuse when they lose their next match!!!

:shock::confused::twisted:

I had two polls that relate to importance of racquet and string set up in a close match.

Obviously it is important to him, since he can feel the difference in his hand to the nearest 2-3 grams. That means he is sensitive to this, few people are, many are not.

Azzurri
01-19-2008, 07:52 AM
it's the best of the mass produced but there are many better micro brews.

http://montysbluff.com/kokanee.jpg

I just got back...we lost.:cry: Not making any excuses, we got beat.

I will email my brother to make sure he has this beer when I come for my visit. What micro brew do you recoimmend? I have been into the wheat ale lately.

Azzurri
01-19-2008, 08:02 AM

Thanks for watching my back. People can say what they want about you, but you seem like the loyal type.

I actually read CC's post 3 times. The first time I thought exactly what you did. After reading it a third time, I just understood her point a little because I went through a job much like hers. It was the worst 3 years of my life. I HATED my job and it affected me like noi other job had before. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I was called into my supervisors office.

While I think she was making a point about "whining" over something that seemed trivial to most people, I believed she was making a point about TW's customer service. She was bascially saying she does not have the patience of Jason (and others).

Was it a backhand..maybe, but I just looked at it as her way of saying that TW has the type of service that will handle any person's complaint. Whether it be a mountain or a molehill.:)

By the way, did you get your new Prestige's?

Azzurri
01-19-2008, 08:05 AM

I have read on the some threads were people got nearly identical specs because of the matching services of TW. Wilson QC is so bad, that I would not have ordered these unless I got them matched.

Azzurri
01-19-2008, 08:16 AM
I had two polls that relate to importance of racquet and string set up in a close match.

Obviously it is important to him, since he can feel the difference in his hand to the nearest 2-3 grams. That means he is sensitive to this, few people are, many are not.

I wish I wasn't...its a burden more than anything else.

For example: I have used 2 types of racquets as my main sticks. Both were Asian speced racquets. I had 2 PS tOur 90 and 3 AK90.
Both Tour 90's were off my 3 grams of each other. They looked exactly the same (of course). When I pulled one out the bag to play, I would be able to tell which was the lighter one (I played the lighter one for doubles).

With the AK90's, I decided I did not want one racquet for doubles and the other for singles. So I decided on a rotation system. Every time I rotated (every set), I felt the weight difference (for a little while until I forgot about it). Some might argue and ask why rotate during the match, well all my racquets kept their string tension better and more even. Also, the abuse of the racquets was minimul. I used to use one racquet, but I feel I paid a lot of money for each racquet that I want to use all of them.:)

robby c
01-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Just got my 2 matched ncode 90 with 4 3/4 leather grips. Took them to work and weighed them on calibrated sales. With overwrap and dampener they were 12.8 and 12.9( I asked for heavy). The youngster ,that took my call 20 minutes before closing time late on a Sunday, he was polite,patient, and thorough. I got just what I asked for.Thanks TW.RobbyC

Azzurri
01-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Just got my 2 matched ncode 90 with 4 3/4 leather grips. Took them to work and weighed them on calibrated sales. With overwrap and dampener they were 12.8 and 12.9( I asked for heavy). The youngster ,that took my call 20 minutes before closing time late on a Sunday, he was polite,patient, and thorough. I got just what I asked for.Thanks TW.RobbyC

I was told you would get something in writing as to the SW, static weight and head light. did you get this info?

do the racquets feel the same to youi?

robby c
01-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Sorry about typo. That should be SCALES. My keyboard needs replacing. TW also price matched the bird. Frames,strings,and all. Love the message boards and the weekly video blog, and most off all the racquet reviews. Keep up the great work.
Robby C-Upstate South Carolina

Azzurri
01-19-2008, 08:53 AM
knock knock
----who's there?
Boo
----Boo who?
Boooo whooooo
----Oh, is that you slappano?

I just re-read this. Do you realize you completely messed up the knock-knock joke? Maybe English is not your primary language.

Katlion
01-19-2008, 08:53 AM
In summary:

He's right. If you already sorted out the issue, you don't have to start a thread about it. Tennis warehouse apologized, so you don't have to announce their mistake to the world. Really, you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Azzurri
01-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Sorry about typo. That should be SCALES. My keyboard needs replacing. TW also price matched the bird. Frames,strings,and all. Love the message boards and the weekly video blog, and most off all the racquet reviews. Keep up the great work.
Robby C-Upstate South Carolina

uhh, yes, but did TW provide the specs???

Azzurri
01-19-2008, 09:47 AM
He's right. If you already sorted out the issue, you don't have to start a thread about it. Tennis warehouse apologized, so you don't have to announce their mistake to the world. Really, you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

another one that has no clue. sorry Rookie, but I am NOT going to explain anything to do.

TheShaun
01-19-2008, 10:44 AM
I just got back...we lost.:cry: Not making any excuses, we got beat.

I will email my brother to make sure he has this beer when I come for my visit. What micro brew do you recoimmend? I have been into the wheat ale lately.

too bad about the loss. nothing a few beers can't fix:)

as for micro brews in the toronto area i'm not too familiar. i think steam whistle is one of the more popular ones as is creamore. i generally stick to my japanese and european lagers. oakanogan spring brewery and and granville island brewery and good micro brews from this neck of the woods, not sure if they have them at the beer stores in ontario though. maybe some of our members from the toronto area will care to chime in on this subject.

Azzurri
01-19-2008, 10:51 AM
too bad about the loss. nothing a few beers can't fix:)

as for micro brews in the toronto area i'm not too familiar. i think steam whistle is one of the more popular ones as is creamore. i generally stick to my japanese and european lagers. oakanogan spring brewery and and granville island brewery and good micro brews from this neck of the woods, not sure if they have them at the beer stores in ontario though. maybe some of our members from the toronto area will care to chime in on this subject.

Japanese beer??? Interesting. We have a restaraunt that serves over 200 different beers. gotta see if they have any Japanese beer.
Thanks for the info ion the micro brews.:)

TheShaun
01-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Japanese beer??? Interesting. We have a restaraunt that serves over 200 different beers. gotta see if they have any Japanese beer.
Thanks for the info ion the micro brews.:)

asahi from japan is my all time favourite beer. but i've recently found one from lebanon called almaza which is up near the top too.

http://www.stockholmbeer.se/2003/2003/hort/asahi/Asahi%2033%20cl.jpg

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/7755.jpg

theone
01-19-2008, 12:02 PM
If you got beat bad with the redondo wouldn't you have got beat even worse with the K90?!

couch
01-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Never mind.

robby c
01-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Just got back from store with new keyboard. Both racquets had Static wgt-12.2(unstrung with plastic around grip). Balance point-11 7/8"(13HL). Swingwgt-298(unstrung). I had both strung with 17NXT. I have a quibble with the earlier statement that 3grams felt different to you. Maybe 3pts balance, but an oz. is 28.35 grams. You saying 3/28ths of an ounce is a problem? If so, pay a racquet tech $50 per frame to match them to your exacting standards. To my knowledge TW is the only wholeseller to offer this service. Calling live is always better than e-mail if you after custom service. Anyone up for a hit? Its snowing here in the Blue Ridge foothills.
Robby C
Robby C

snoopy
01-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Slappano,

Be forewarned, especially since you claim to notice the slightest differences between frames. Even if with TW's matching service there is no guarantee that the racquets will feel exactly alike. I bought 2 racquets using TWs $20 matching service. They put a sticker on the handle telling you the frames' balance, swingweight, and static weight. Eventhough both racquets have the same numbers they still feel a little different. One feels a little more solid and is a little harder for me to swing. Both are strung with the same string and tension so there is no difference bewtween them.

I still think that TW's matching service is worth it. If the racquets feel noticeably different with the same specs just imagine how different they could feel if I bought 2 racquets that weren't matched. The quality control from these big manufacturers is terrible.

Chris in Japan,

I hope you didn't take offense to my comment. I was just messing with you. I haven't been to either Japan or Australia. When I think of Austrailia I think of Russel Crowe and Leyton Hewitt. When I think of Japan I think or Kabuki and geishas. Stereotypical and not really nuanced, I know. But it was kind of funny imagining what it would be like for someone like Mel Gibson living in Japan. A real clash of cultures.

VikingSamurai
01-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks for watching my back. People can say what they want about you, but you seem like the loyal type.

I actually read CC's post 3 times. The first time I thought exactly what you did. After reading it a third time, I just understood her point a little because I went through a job much like hers. It was the worst 3 years of my life. I HATED my job and it affected me like noi other job had before. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I was called into my supervisors office.

While I think she was making a point about "whining" over something that seemed trivial to most people, I believed she was making a point about TW's customer service. She was bascially saying she does not have the patience of Jason (and others).

Was it a backhand..maybe, but I just looked at it as her way of saying that TW has the type of service that will handle any person's complaint. Whether it be a mountain or a molehill.:)

Fair enough mate, I guess I too was making a mountain out of a molehill too. :)

Anyways, you have every right to have whine. You payed hard earned money for something that you ordered, and didn't get it.. I don't for one minute think the guys don't do a good job. I think they must be pretty flat out. But if they didn't wan't feed-back, then this thread wouldn't exist I would guess?

VikingSamurai
01-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Slappano,

Be forewarned, especially since you claim to notice the slightest differences between frames. Even if with TW's matching service there is no guarantee that the racquets will feel exactly alike. I bought 2 racquets using TWs $20 matching service. They put a sticker on the handle telling you the frames' balance, swingweight, and static weight. Eventhough both racquets have the same numbers they still feel a little different. One feels a little more solid and is a little harder for me to swing. Both are strung with the same string and tension so there is no difference bewtween them.

I still think that TW's matching service is worth it. If the racquets feel noticeably different with the same specs just imagine how different they could feel if I bought 2 racquets that weren't matched. The quality control from these big manufacturers is terrible.

Chris in Japan,

I hope you didn't take offense to my comment. I was just messing with you. I haven't been to either Japan or Australia. When I think of Austrailia I think of Russel Crowe and Leyton Hewitt. When I think of Japan I think or Kabuki and geishas. Stereotypical and not really nuanced, I know. But it was kind of funny imagining what it would be like for someone like Mel Gibson living in Japan. A real clash of cultures.

Oh no, you are fine, I didn't take offense Snoop. I only take offense to anything Phil says.. Other than that. The rest of the worlds human population is ok in my book!

CanadianChic
01-19-2008, 03:30 PM

Actually Chris, I was making a point regarding TW's patience and good customer service. I made my post and then edited it TWO minutes after as opposed to the "later" you state only to make a conscious effort to ensure that no feelings were hurt or misunderstandings regarding my comment. I believe Slappano took my post for exactly what it was...an attempt to point out that although an error was made there are different ways to react. I make an honest effort to be polite to others and consider others feelings on this forum. You coming in to admittedly "stir the pot" was a futile effort to start an argument which Flyboy bit on but Slappano brushed off. He knew I had not backhanded him and the subsequent discussion I enjoyed. There was nothing suspect in my motives here.

Which brings me to:

You very well can count yourself into the "ten" you so mentioned. I have seen you on many occasion circle the water without tossing in my two cents so perhaps you should look in the mirror Mr. Nail on the Head. Besides, I post in all areas of this forum of which I have either an opinion or information to offer. This includes the H&F, O&E, R&R as well as the G. Pro. I do not post in the racquet or stringing sections as I could care less about paint jobs or butt caps which puts me in about the same posting league as roughly 90% of the members here.

Thank you Slappano. I appreciate this post and know you took no offense at my words as they had no negative intent towards you.

Anyways, you have every right to have whine. You payed hard earned money for something that you ordered, and didn't get it.. I don't for one minute think the guys don't do a good job. I think they must be pretty flat out. But if they didn't wan't feed-back, then this thread wouldn't exist I would guess?

Yeah, I guess you did.

Oh no, you are fine, I didn't take offense Snoop. I only take offense to anything Phil says.. Other than that. The rest of the worlds human population is ok in my book!

Interesting how Phil knocks you down every time you try to nip at his ankles yet you keep coming back for more. If you really took offense you would not try so hard to gain his attention in so many threads. I have always minded my own business regarding your posts, but maybe I should get in there to stir up the pot since you seem to favour this action. Carry on.........;)

VikingSamurai
01-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Interesting how Phil knocks you down every time you try to nip at his ankles yet you keep coming back for more. If you really took offense you would not try so hard to gain his attention in so many threads. I have always minded my own business regarding your posts, but maybe I should get in there to stir up the pot since you seem to favour this action. Carry on.........;)

I was gonna reply, but meh...

flyboy1
01-20-2008, 08:42 AM
You very well can count yourself into the "ten" you so mentioned. I have seen you on many occasion circle the water without tossing in my two cents so perhaps you should look in the mirror Mr. Nail on the Head. Besides, I post in all areas of this forum of which I have either an opinion or information to offer. This includes the H&F, O&E, R&R as well as the G. Pro. I do not post in the racquet or stringing sections as I could care less about paint jobs or butt caps which puts me in about the same posting league as roughly 90% of the members here.

Wow, so I guess me including myself in the criticism wasn't good enough for you. You probably did some additional research to make sure you had some "ammo" before you shot back. I figured throwing myself in there would absolve me from criticism, but I guess not. But considering that I'm WAY under 100 total posts, I don't have the free time available as some do, so I have to be selective with where I post. Sorry, I won't be starting a "Flyboy1's Funkhouse" thread anytime soon.

Many people are really knowledgeable about tennis here, so there is really no need for me to add my $.02 every time I have an opinion, because there are plenty of people here who would say exactly what I'm thinking; not so when it comes to foreign policy.

Azzurri
01-20-2008, 08:44 AM
If you got beat bad with the redondo wouldn't you have got beat even worse with the K90?!

you seem to know very little about tennis, so I won't bother to explain it to you.:-|

Azzurri
01-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Just got back from store with new keyboard. Both racquets had Static wgt-12.2(unstrung with plastic around grip). Balance point-11 7/8"(13HL). Swingwgt-298(unstrung). I had both strung with 17NXT. I have a quibble with the earlier statement that 3grams felt different to you. Maybe 3pts balance, but an oz. is 28.35 grams. You saying 3/28ths of an ounce is a problem? If so, pay a racquet tech $50 per frame to match them to your exacting standards. To my knowledge TW is the only wholeseller to offer this service. Calling live is always better than e-mail if you after custom service. Anyone up for a hit? Its snowing here in the Blue Ridge foothills.
Robby C
Robby C

I can tell weight difference in all the racquets I played with over the past year (my main racquets that I have more than one of). Couild it be the balance point?? Maybe, but I doubt it. They all felt around the same balance. Maybe the SW? But trust me, I felt the difference in the racquets that I owned and I could feel differences with racquets that had oinly a 3 GRAM difference. Now the racquets TW sent me also felt different as soon as I pulled them out of the box. I even asked my wife to tell me which one was the heavier one...she picked the one I thought that was heavier. My wife does not play tennis. I also have 2 PS 85 St. Vincent racquets. They felt exactly the same. I had them weighed and they were within 1 gram of each other.

There are two reasons why I decided to switch to the US K90. One was I felt I was able to now handle the weight. I have been playing with the K90 from my tennis center for a few weeks and was oki after 2 hours. I also played a doubles match with my 200g (approx 13.5 oz) and I was ok. So I was ready in terms of weight. Plus my forehand and serve were stronger with the USK90.

Second reason was the slight weight difference between my Asian K90's. They were only 3 grams different. Every time I play, I switch racquets every set I play (or minutes if I am in my clinic). Each time I fell the weight difference and it tends to creep into my brain...every time. It takes a while for me to forget or get used to the weight difference. So I wanted matched racquets. For anyone that thinks I am being too anal...MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Lots of people have quirks and its annoying to have some people come to thread and make ASSUMPTIONS (not talking about you). One poster thought I shoiuld have won because I played with a Redondo...obviously that person has no idea, no clue, is completely ignorant about tennis.

I did call TW and actually spoke to the person I sent the email to with specific instructions. I believe there was a mix-up (not exactly sure what happened but was given a sincere apology:)). So I thought the email would have been the best way to confirm my request...but it will be taken care of.

Azzurri
01-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Slappano,

Chris in Japan,

Hey Snoopy,
You make a great piont and one I agree with. I have heard that even when matched, they can still feel different. But it seems for the most part, they feel the same. Now, if TW did match the racquets and they still felt different, to me, then I am SOL. But they did not do the match, so I will have to hope and cross my fingers the matchservice works for me. I do have 2 SV racquets that feel exactly alike, so it is possible for me to have 2 racquets that feel the same.:)

I wonder what Chris thinks of you comparing him to Mel Gibson??

Azzurri
01-20-2008, 09:09 AM

I rarely have any complaints about TW and their policy. I have had dealing with them that nothing to do w/the forum or personal items I have ordered in the past. They are willing to work with their customers. But I have read some silly complainst in the past and felt mine was justified. Some people fail to see the big picture, buit that is no concern of mine.
I believe that the Admin's sometimes need to know when things go wrong. If anything, the way they seem to handle ALL situations just further proves they have one the best customer oriented services in the USA.

CanadianChic
01-20-2008, 01:25 PM

The bolded part is why you were included in the "shot back". Make a slam towards someone and expect one in return Flyboy it's as simple as that. Sorry to burst your bubble but reading that post is the only consideration and research I have done on you. As much time as I may have, I am selective with what I do with it as well.

VikingSamurai
01-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Oh, now you do research on people? Priceless...

robby c
01-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Try to find an experienced stringer/customizer in your area. Or, contact Roman Prokes at RPNY, or Warren Bosworth, or Racquetmaxx. All 3 are well respected customizers. Also, call TW and ask if their staff could do the work. Good luck.
Robby C

CanadianChic
01-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Oh, now you do research on people? Priceless...

Try reading Chris. It helps to prevent looking like a fool.

Wow, so I guess me including myself in the criticism wasn't good enough for you. You probably did some additional research to make sure you had some "ammo" before you shot back. I figured throwing myself in there would absolve me from criticism, but I guess not. But considering that I'm WAY under 100 total posts, I don't have the free time available as some do, so I have to be selective with where I post. Sorry, I won't be starting a "Flyboy1's Funkhouse" thread anytime soon.

Many people are really knowledgeable about tennis here, so there is really no need for me to add my $.02 every time I have an opinion, because there are plenty of people here who would say exactly what I'm thinking; not so when it comes to foreign policy.

VikingSamurai
01-20-2008, 02:55 PM
I rarely have any complaints about TW and their policy. I have had dealing with them that nothing to do w/the forum or personal items I have ordered in the past. They are willing to work with their customers. But I have read some silly complainst in the past and felt mine was justified. Some people fail to see the big picture, buit that is no concern of mine.
I believe that the Admin's sometimes need to know when things go wrong. If anything, the way they seem to handle ALL situations just further proves they have one the best customer oriented services in the USA.

Look I don't have anything against TW either in all honesty.. But I don't feel the need to sing their praises because I post here also..

If I was to be truelly honest about it, they only have me as a customer through pure necessity.. The fact that Japan has overly inflated racquet prices, and European clothing brands are at a minimal in this country. I kinda have no other option than to deal with TW when it come to alot of things.. I didn't choose TW because of customer service, quality or an all round mooshie feeling about the place. Just the price, plain and simple..

Now in saying that, as I have spent I would guess in the thousands with TW. I feel I unlike other posters have a right to use these boards. If in the case I don't feel I have gotten what I have payed for, or the service I feel as a customer deserve. Then I, as well as anyone that has spent money in their store has the right to speak my/our mind..

I just felt that you didn't get what you wanted, and said so.. The people that gave you a hard time seem to think they have a right to call you a whiner, a whinger ect ect.. But usually they are the first to complain when something happens to them..

VikingSamurai
01-20-2008, 02:55 PM

Yawn...........................

Richie Rich
01-20-2008, 03:41 PM
I just felt that you didn't get what you wanted, and said so.. The people that gave you a hard time seem to think they have a right to call you a whiner, a whinger ect ect.. But usually they are the first to complain when something happens to them..

people need to call a spade a spade. you pay good money you should get what you paid for. if you don't get what you paid for then TW should be called out for it. they should get it right the first time. but mistakes happen. as long as they put it right then it's all good. but good on slappano for bringing it to people's attention

Richie Rich
01-20-2008, 03:42 PM

CC,
off topic but do you even play tennis?????

Azzurri
01-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Look I don't have anything against TW either in all honesty.. But I don't feel the need to sing their praises because I post here also..

If I was to be truelly honest about it, they only have me as a customer through pure necessity.. The fact that Japan has overly inflated racquet prices, and European clothing brands are at a minimal in this country. I kinda have no other option than to deal with TW when it come to alot of things.. I didn't choose TW because of customer service, quality or an all round mooshie feeling about the place. Just the price, plain and simple..

Now in saying that, as I have spent I would guess in the thousands with TW. I feel I unlike other posters have a right to use these boards. If in the case I don't feel I have gotten what I have payed for, or the service I feel as a customer deserve. Then I, as well as anyone that has spent money in their store has the right to speak my/our mind..

I hope people reading this appreciate your honesty. Its rare. I agree, people tend to inflate TW and I have done this in the past, maybe that is why I was so annoyed with my situation. This is a forum and I am sure TW can handle situations like these. They really don't need people to "stick up for them" when they made a mistake. Its funny, because I said in the first post that I know they would take care of things, but wanted people to know what happened and remember my situation if they were to ever order match services.

On your second statement, I know exactly what you mean. These are the people that don't know how to step in someone else's shoes. what if this had happend with the bird or tennis E X P R E S S? I guarantee you people would have chimed in to say "that is why I only do business with TW"
what people fail to realize is TW service (the way they fix problems) is the reason why most people (not all) come back to buy more stuff. This is an opportunity if nothing else. But you are right, they are the first to complain. I may even look up a few of thiose posters past responses to see if they "complained" about something. Guarantee you it won't take much tio find some.

Richie Rich
01-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Iwhat people fail to realize is TW service (the way they fix problems) is the reason why most people (not all) come back to buy more stuff.

you got it. mistakes happen. it's how you handle it that gets my repeat business

Azzurri
01-20-2008, 03:49 PM
people need to call a spade a spade. you pay good money you should get what you paid for. if you don't get what you paid for then TW should be called out for it. they should get it right the first time. but mistakes happen. as long as they put it right then it's all good. but good on slappano for bringing it to people's attention

Thanks Richie. they are making things right. an email was sent by the person that made the mix up and it was sincere. Based on that email, I am very comfortable waiting for my new sticks to arrive.

I was a bit surpised that some posters thought I was just whining and should just make a phone call and end it. What I could not understand was how they completely missed my intent. It just goes to show you some people can't read.

Azzurri
01-20-2008, 03:52 PM
CC...not sure if you have been a part of any of Chris's posts/threads, but he does have a pretty funny sense of humor. Yes, he has been in some doosy arguements/disagreements, but haven't we all?:)

Azzurri
01-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Try to find an experienced stringer/customizer in your area. Or, contact Roman Prokes at RPNY, or Warren Bosworth, or Racquetmaxx. All 3 are well respected customizers. Also, call TW and ask if their staff could do the work. Good luck.
Robby C

If I were a tournament player I would do just that. I believe JollyRoger has like 20 something racquets and they are all matched. I assume he uses some kind of service (or does hit himself), but he seems the type of player that needs to customize his sticks. I believe he plays in tourney's while I don't much.

Robby, have you read my earlier posts, I asked TW for the match service, they forgot to do it..lol.:)

VikingSamurai
01-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Slap, its actually nice to know that someone here understands that my *****ly-ness is simply my sense of humour.. As does everyone, I do have my grumpy moments, but they are pretty harmless in all honesty, and I just say what I think.. I guess some people take things to heart and their reactions show this..

I hate to let my secret out. But most of what I say is tongue and cheek, and so when taken to task by another member, I find it funny that they will waste a whole day trying to put me in my place, when in all reality I have enjoyed a good humoured and harmless exchange with them. Breakpoint is a prime example of someone that you can get a rise out of pretty easily..

Azzurri
01-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Slap, its actually nice to know that someone here understands that my *****ly-ness is simply my sense of humour.. As does everyone, I do have my grumpy moments, but they are pretty harmless in all honesty, and I just say what I think.. I guess some people take things to heart and their reactions show this..

I hate to let my secret out. But most of what I say is tongue and cheek, and so when taken to task by another member, I find it funny that they will waste a whole day trying to put me in my place, when in all reality I have enjoyed a good humoured and harmless exchange with them. Breakpoint is a prime example of someone that you can get a rise out of pretty easily..

I am the same way. Unless someone posts some so moronic and argues about it, I never get angry. I usually try to see what it takes to annoy them. I have read your arguements and how helpful you are to other posters. But what I notice aboiut you (and some others) is you try to be "real" as best as anyone can on a public forum. I know that many posters are completely full of poop. But you and some others are always the same no matter where they post.
As for breakpoint, I know what you mean, but I like the guy. He knows a lot and is very informative and helpful to many posters. I think sometimes the "way" he words things is the reason people get on him, but no one is perfect. In fact, I feel that some people bust his chops on purpose and that annoys me, so I just jump in on them.
I guess some people don't care for honesty and telling it like it is.
By the way, how old is your son now? My boy just turned 3 and we are signing him up for a soccer league (ages 3-4). That will be a sight to see.:)

VikingSamurai
01-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Mate cheers.. Actually, the little fella just hit the 3 month mark and is a funny little thing indeed.. He has just started the smiling and half giggles, and has already started with the talking to himself. (well, not words, but noises and gargles)

3y.o's playing soccer.. Now that is sport at its finest!

Mike Cottrill
01-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Sorry, but I did not read through all the bickering.
Donít laugh as this does happen and my understanding is TW has two MRTs. If you took the plastic off the handles of the racquets you may have a problem again. Here is why. One MRT removes the plastic wrapping and the other does not when matching (statement from TW). So you could end up getting one racquet back with measurements without the wrapping and other matched with the wrapping. You would think the MRT would notice weather it has the wrapping or not, but donít count on it. DO NOT COUNT ON IT.,..
If it is off by 2 grams and a little more head heavy,,, you will know why lolÖ

CityHeightsTennis
01-20-2008, 05:19 PM
I ordered two matched K Factor 90 racquets on Tuesday. I CLEARLY requested a match done in an email to one of the CSR's (whoi will remain nameless). I instructed him to have a matched pair (on the lower end of the static and SW spectrum). Everything seemed fine. I even asked how would I know the specs and he told me that they would have some type of sticker marking the information (specs). I was as happy as pig in slop. Until I got the racquets.

There are a few members that I have conversed with in the past that know my ability to "feel" the static weight of a racquet to the smallest difference in grams.

Upon opening the box, I looked for the sticker, none to be found. I pulled the racquets out of the wrapper. The first one felt like it was a bit on the heavy side...I was iok with that. The next racquet....was lighter. I was a bit upset, but I was not sure. Maybe it was me. I called TW and they confirmed the matching had not been done. Now I am mad. The CSR asked me to inform TW which of the two I would like to be matched and send them back.

I am asking/begging someone at TW to take care of this problem. This is a terrific company, but I am not a happy customer. I will send the racquets tonight. I will note which one I liiked better. I need 2 with matching specs. Please let me know if this is possible. I have a small doubles tourney tomorrow and Sunday. Guess I gotta play with my Redondo.

sorry to hear that........ hope u do well with ur Redondo

Azzurri
01-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Mate cheers.. Actually, the little fella just hit the 3 month mark and is a funny little thing indeed.. He has just started the smiling and half giggles, and has already started with the talking to himself. (well, not words, but noises and gargles)

3y.o's playing soccer.. Now that is sport at its finest!

I remember the 1st time my son smiled. he was about the same age. that a nice time.

yes...it is a sight. I have heard. I can't wait to see how he reacts.

Azzurri
01-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Sorry, but I did not read through all the bickering.
Donít laugh as this does happen and my understanding is TW has two MRTs. If you took the plastic off the handles of the racquets you may have a problem again. Here is why. One MRT removes the plastic wrapping and the other does not when matching (statement from TW). So you could end up getting one racquet back with measurements without the wrapping and other matched with the wrapping. You would think the MRT would notice weather it has the wrapping or not, but donít count on it. DO NOT COUNT ON IT.,..
If it is off by 2 grams and a little more head heavy,,, you will know why lolÖ

I did not take the plastic off the handles. I left it the way it came. so that is good to know. I am guessing they will make sure the racquets are the same. this may end up being a blessing, but I appreciate the info, very educational.:)

Azzurri
01-20-2008, 05:29 PM
sorry to hear that........ hope u do well with ur Redondo

I don't really blame the Redondo, but more so on the fact I did not play with it prior to the match. I did like it though, but not for doubles. When we were hitting balls befiore the match I really liked it. But I will play with it on my Monday clinic. We do all sorts of drills so I will know if I like it at that time.

VikingSamurai
01-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Slap. Can I ask. Are you a coach or teaching pro.. This is not a tongue in cheek comment, rather you mentioned a Monday clinic, so I was curious...

CanadianChic
01-21-2008, 04:57 AM
CC,
off topic but do you even play tennis?????

Normally I would refrain from answering as I tend to not justify myself, but for you...yes I do. I have posted regarding this in quite a few posts mostly in the H&F section although I play purely for recreation. I am not a member of a league or anything and due to the weather am only able to play for half the year (therefore I am admittedly not very good). I know where this is going so I will say that there are many posters here who have said they do not play at all and are merely fans of the sport - as well I don't believe there is a requirement for this forum. I hope this has answered your question.

CC...not sure if you have been a part of any of Chris's posts/threads, but he does have a pretty funny sense of humor. Yes, he has been in some doosy arguements/disagreements, but haven't we all?:)

I have read many of Chris's posts and agree that he can be very humourous. I have nothing against him at all - the only reason I addressed him at all in this thread was as a response to a post.

VikingSamurai
01-21-2008, 05:08 AM
So you address me?..

Ok Princess.... ;)

CanadianChic
01-21-2008, 05:10 AM
So you address me?..

Ok Princess.... ;)

I'm sorry Chris. Sometimes I forget to use small words so you can understand. Let me correct myself...I typed out a response to Chris. There! Are ya happy now? Wow. You can't have all my attention all the time you know. LOL. ;)

RemedySLO
01-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Dont act like you have OCD when you call tennis-warehouse, your "customer profile" will be noted by the way you act on the phone towards your CSR. Which I completely agree with. Better luck next time, and TW always comes through with helping their customers, so just relax and take a breather, if that doesnt help go whack some tennis balls.

VikingSamurai
01-21-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm sorry Chris. Sometimes I forget to use small words so you can understand. Let me correct myself...I typed out a response to Chris. There! Are ya happy now? Wow. You can't have all my attention all the time you know. LOL. ;)

Well I will always say I am pretty.. But not smart!

toot toot!

djnick66
01-21-2008, 01:37 PM
I buy mail order a lot and also sell. Stuff does happen. To me thats not the issue (the issue is if there is a problem resolving it). A good lesson is if you are in a hurry, dont wait to the last minute to order something. Mistakes do happen. Getting a major piece of equipment a couple days before a twice a year thing isnt a good idea...

Richie Rich
01-21-2008, 02:18 PM
I am not a member of a league or anything and due to the weather am only able to play for half the year (therefore I am admittedly not very good). I know where this is going so I will say that there are many posters here who have said they do not play at all and are merely fans of the sport - as well I don't believe there is a requirement for this forum. I hope this has answered your question.

don't worry about being good - i've been playing forever and i still stink.

i just asked because i don't see you post in some of the other forums that equipment geeks (like me) post in. if you don't play that often and aren't too serious i can understand. no malicious intent at all.

Richie Rich
01-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Well I will always say I am pretty.. But not smart!

lucky you - i'm neither :sad:

VikingSamurai
01-21-2008, 02:25 PM
lucky you - i'm neither :sad:

Well you are beautiful to me Rich! :)

CanadianChic
01-21-2008, 02:35 PM
don't worry about being good - i've been playing forever and i still stink.

i just asked because i don't see you post in some of the other forums that equipment geeks (like me) post in. if you don't play that often and aren't too serious i can understand. no malicious intent at all.

I didn't think you were being mean spirited but I added the sentence at the end because there are unfortunately a few who think no one has any business being on here unless you get giddy over racquet specs and are at least a 3.0. You are both damn beautiful!! We had better stop the lovefest though before Chris gets the urge to stir the pot again. ;)

VikingSamurai
01-21-2008, 04:01 PM
I didn't think you were being mean spirited but I added the sentence at the end because there are unfortunately a few who think no one has any business being on here unless you get giddy over racquet specs and are at least a 3.0. You are both damn beautiful!! We had better stop the lovefest though before Chris gets the urge to stir the pot again. ;)

I kinda left our little "thing" where I did and moved on CC.. Maybe it is time you did too!. And for the record. I think you are beautiful as well! :neutral:

Azzurri
01-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Slap. Can I ask. Are you a coach or teaching pro.. This is not a tongue in cheek comment, rather you mentioned a Monday clinic, so I was curious...

Nope...just a low class 4.5 player (on a good day). I belong to a clinic that caters to 4.0 to 5.0 players. They have us run a lot of drills and work on our game. Its a lot of fun and enjoy it.

Azzurri
01-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Dont act like you have OCD when you call tennis-warehouse, your "customer profile" will be noted by the way you act on the phone towards your CSR. Which I completely agree with. Better luck next time, and TW always comes through with helping their customers, so just relax and take a breather, if that doesnt help go whack some tennis balls.

I have no clue what you are talking about, thanks for the rambling, nonsense post.

Azzurri
01-21-2008, 07:11 PM
I buy mail order a lot and also sell. Stuff does happen. To me thats not the issue (the issue is if there is a problem resolving it). A good lesson is if you are in a hurry, dont wait to the last minute to order something. Mistakes do happen. Getting a major piece of equipment a couple days before a twice a year thing isnt a good idea...

I agree with you, but maybe you missed some of my earlier posts. I have been playing a US K90 for the past two weeks. I ordered it knowing I would get it by Friday. They sent 2 day air. So I was "prepared" to play. But yes, it was ordered last minute.

Azzurri
01-21-2008, 07:26 PM
By the way, I am selling the Redondo. I had a chance to hit for real tonight and its not at all the racquet for me. Playing doubles masked some serious issues I had with it. I just had too much difficulty getting spin (probably the string pattern). It would be good for a flat hitter. Its ok for doubles, but I played mostly net on Saturday and this racquet is not for me. I don't know why I bother to play with Mid Plus racquets. I just don't play any better with a larger racquet, biut usually worse. I picked up my Max 200g and started smoking forehands and serves. Oh well.