PDA

View Full Version : have I had a thread deleted?

BeHappy
01-19-2008, 06:21 AM
I can't seem to find it anywhere, surely it hasn't been deleted, has it?

'borg and mcenroe were nowhere near as good as Laver or ashe', I think was the title.

BeHappy
01-20-2008, 11:27 AM
??????????????
bump

TW Staff
01-22-2008, 07:15 AM
Yes, it was deleted.

Spencer, TW.

Chauvalito
01-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Yes, it was deleted.

Spencer, TW.

Much appreciated.

BeHappy
01-23-2008, 03:26 PM
really?

can I ask why?

BeHappy
01-25-2008, 03:52 PM
???????
bump

BeHappy
01-26-2008, 12:05 PM
??????????
bump

TW Staff
01-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Flaming and trolling would be two reasons.

Chris, TW.

BeHappy
01-26-2008, 04:28 PM
I certainly didn't flame or troll anyone in any of my responses to anyone's posts, if you're talking about cyborg et al calling me stupid for daring to say that mcenroe was over rated, I can take that.People are entitled to their opinions.

Couldn't you have just deleted their posts?

CanadianChic
01-26-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm sure they would have if they felt that would solve the problem. I find in many cases even when posts are deleted, the involved posters don't seem to take the hint and keep at it anyway. I'm sure if it was deleted it was with good reason. In fact two good reason were given and yet you still question it. My two cents.

SFrazeur
01-26-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm sure they would have if they felt that would solve the problem. I find in many cases even when posts are deleted, the involved posters don't seem to take the hint and keep at it anyway. I'm sure if it was deleted it was with good reason. In fact two good reason were given and yet you still question it. My two cents.

This is still the case even when certain people get banned.

-SF

BeHappy
01-26-2008, 06:36 PM
This is still the case even when certain people get banned.

-SF

what are you talking about?

BeHappy
01-26-2008, 06:44 PM

Flaming and trolling within a thread is common in TW, in fact, it's a major part of most threads.In the tennis tips section for example, a thread specifically created to flame jollyroger was created.Phil, alwaysatnet and stormholloway flame and troll the TW boards and no one does anything about it, or cares, (including me).Just because a couple of posters disagreed with me is no reason to delete a thread, which, on balance, was probably one of the more civil threads on TW.
I don't know what compelled you to write a response to a question that wasn't asked of you, or to judge my conduct, but I would appreciate it if you allowed me to conduct a discussion without baiting me.

SFrazeur
01-26-2008, 06:46 PM

Well, I'm not sure. . .However you did feel the need to respond.

-SF

BeHappy
01-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Well, I'm not sure. . .However you did feel the need to respond.

-SF

I want to know what you meant, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

JW10S
01-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Flaming and trolling within a thread is common in TW, in fact, it's a major part of most threads.I'm actually surprised it is allowed go as far as it often does in what is a 'moderated' forum.

CanadianChic
01-27-2008, 02:21 PM

You are very well aware what he is talking about as am I. You have already experienced an absence on this forum due to bad behaviour. In fact, I have reported you for your insulting anti-TW guideline posts that you have directed towards me so your "playing stupid" act ain't foolin' anyone.

Flaming and trolling within a thread is common in TW, in fact, it's a major part of most threads.In the tennis tips section for example, a thread specifically created to flame jollyroger was created.Phil, alwaysatnet and stormholloway flame and troll the TW boards and no one does anything about it, or cares, (including me).Just because a couple of posters disagreed with me is no reason to delete a thread, which, on balance, was probably one of the more civil threads on TW.
I don't know what compelled you to write a response to a question that wasn't asked of you, or to judge my conduct, but I would appreciate it if you allowed me to conduct a discussion without baiting me.

Your track record on this forum has been hardly stellar so why you feel the need to even bring up Phil, Always and Storm is a poor attempt at deflecting your own bad behaviour. It was unnecessary and spiteful at best.

Again, Chris has given you two reasons as to why the thread was deleted. You insist on whining - stating you are innocent of any wrongdoing. Even if that is the case (which I hardly believe) if they chose to delete it, that was their right. It doesn't matter that you were the OP...perhaps there were too many posts to simply delete those alone, or maybe there was an overabundance of quoting which would have an effect as well.

I have not baited you...you give yourself too much credit. I prefer to swim with the sharks little minnow. I was only offering a perspective...hardly baiting. But here's a thought for ya.....if you don't want people posting on an open forum to which they have full right to post in....how's about you e-mail the Admins/Mods next time as opposed to posting a tread? Huh? How 'bout that?

SteveI
01-27-2008, 02:59 PM

Hi,

I have been a member of this board for about 6 years. Most times I stick to the rackets, strings and stringing, instruction, and health and fitness. Once in a great while I go to other sections of board and and witnessed flaming and trolling that at times seems out of control. The other day.. I was called stupid.. an Ahole..an idiot and a racist and all in one day. I have friends on this site that will not post or have left the site never to return. Basic manners seem to be have gone out the window. You wonder of course if these folks that seem to have a lack of manners would say any of these things to someone in person. Cyberspace is a very nice shield to some. I understand a heated debate and they are the good thing when kept under control. I love it when someone replys to a post and it begins with "You are an Idiot"... or "What are you, stupid?"... or the ever popular.. are you an Ahole? Just my 2 cents... heading back to "rackets, strings and stringing, instruction, and health and fitness"... where is seems for most cases a very different world.

Regards,
Steve

SFrazeur
01-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I want to know what you meant, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

There's no reason to go Ape, keep your Chappy Happy.

Hi,

I have been a member of this board for about 6 years. Most times I stick to the rackets, strings and stringing, instruction, and health and fitness. Once in a great while I go to other sections of board and and witnessed flaming and trolling that at times seems out of control. The other day.. I was called stupid.. an Ahole..an idiot and a racist and all in one day. I have friends on this site that will not post or have left the site never to return. Basic manners seem to be have gone out the window. You wonder of course if these folks that seem to have a lack of manners would say any of these things to someone in person. Cyberspace is a very nice shield to some. I understand a heated debate and they are the good thing when kept under control. I love it when someone replys to a post and it begins with "You are an Idiot"... or "What are you, stupid?"... or the ever popular.. are you an Ahole? Just my 2 cents... heading back to "rackets, strings and stringing, instruction, and health and fitness"... where is seems for most cases a very different world.

Regards,
Steve

It astounds me how people will behave. There's lots of "tough" people in the faceless world of the internet. Have a good day.

-SF

BeHappy
01-27-2008, 05:18 PM
You are very well aware what he is talking about as am I.

I do now, I'm not HappyChappy, we have similar user names.I'd have no problem admitting it if I was.

You have already experienced an absence on this forum due to bad behaviour.

That was nearly a month ago, and I've forgotten the circumstances but I seem to recall being bemused by the decision.

In fact, I have reported you for your insulting anti-TW guideline posts that you have directed towards me

I couldn't have been more respectful of you, I just disagreed with you and let you know why in the most polite way possible.I have no idea what TW guideline I am supposed to have violated, or why you are harassing me.
SFrazeur spends a lot of time in this section too.Maybe you are hoping you will be given mod status?

so your "playing stupid" act ain't foolin' anyone.

I honestly had no idea that he thought that I had multiple user names just because someone else's username contains the word 'happy'.

Your track record on this forum has been hardly stellar

What do you mean exactly?

so why you feel the need to even bring up Phil, Always and Storm is a poor attempt at deflecting your own bad behaviour. It was unnecessary and spiteful at best.

I actually think alot of Phil's posts are very funny, but they do amount to flaming.That's what I meant when I said flaming and trolling are a normal part of TW, a normal part of life.We don't all talk to each other with huge grins plastered across our faces agreeing with everyone else's viewpoint do we?
There's a clue in the word: converseation
IE: there are two different sides to every discussion.

Again, Chris has given you two reasons as to why the thread was deleted.

I don't really understand his reasons for deleting it as there are lots of trolls on this forum with evry high post counts who participate in nearly every discussion.Mosts posts involve someone flaming someone else.I didn't report anyone and the flaming towards me in that thread wasn't excessive so why delete it?

You insist on whining - stating you are innocent of any wrongdoing. Even if that is the case (which I hardly believe) if they chose to delete it, that was their right. It doesn't matter that you were the OP...perhaps there were too many posts to simply delete those alone, or maybe there was an overabundance of quoting which would have an effect as well.

If you didnt even see the original thread, why would you even venture an opinion on it?

I have not baited you...you give yourself too much credit. I prefer to swim with the sharks little minnow. I was only offering a perspective...hardly baiting.

That's called baiting.

But here's a thought for ya.....if you don't want people posting on an open forum to which they have full right to post in....

That is the EXACT opposite of what I ave been saying ;)

how's about you e-mail the Admins/Mods next time as opposed to posting a tread? Huh? How 'bout that?

Everyone else posts here, it seems to be the protocol.

BeHappy
01-27-2008, 05:19 PM
There's no reason to go Ape, keep your Chappy Happy.

I am not HappyChappy.

CanadianChic
01-27-2008, 06:00 PM
I do now, I'm not HappyChappy, we have similar user names.I'd have no problem admitting it if I was.

That was nearly a month ago, and I've forgotten the circumstances but I seem to recall being bemused by the decision.

I couldn't have been more respectful of you, I just disagreed with you and let you know why in the most polite way possible.I have no idea what TW guideline I am supposed to have violated, or why you are harassing me.
SFrazeur spends a lot of time in this section too.Maybe you are hoping you will be given mod status?

I honestly had no idea that he thought that I had multiple user names just because someone else's username contains the word 'happy'.

What do you mean exactly?

I actually think alot of Phil's posts are very funny, but they do amount to flaming.That's what I meant when I said flaming and trolling are a normal part of TW, a normal part of life.We don't all talk to each other with huge grins plastered across our faces agreeing with everyone else's viewpoint do we?
There's a clue in the word: converseation
IE: there are two different sides to every discussion.

I don't really understand his reasons for deleting it as there are lots of trolls on this forum with evry high post counts who participate in nearly every discussion.Mosts posts involve someone flaming someone else.I didn't report anyone and the flaming towards me in that thread wasn't excessive so why delete it?

If you didnt even see the original thread, why would you even venture an opinion on it?

That's called baiting.

That is the EXACT opposite of what I ave been saying ;)

Everyone else posts here, it seems to be the protocol.

I never accused you of being Happy Chappy or any other user. I am well aware of your previous behaviour towards me and it certainly was BeHappy.

If you were bemused by your temporary exile then you are well aware of the reasons behind it so why feign ignorance now?

I never said you were not respectful of me in this thread - again, you are well aware of your past behaviour which is clearly what I was referring to. As for mod status? Nah. I am very happy just doing my thing and not having to read every troll thread to monitor the posts within. I just pipe in to speak of the obvious to save the mods a little time and effort - just read the TW guidelines and if you honestly feel hard done by then do the mature thing and politely e-mail them requesting a further explanation as opposed to the ???????? BUMP.......but wwhhhyyyyyy??? BUMP.......posts.

Phil is a very funny guy but you may want to brush up on the definition of flaming before you accuse others of it. You may want to check out the term harassment as well since posting on an open thread (specifically as a response) is not harassment by any definition.

It doesn't matter how many trolls are on this forum or what occurs in other threads - those aren't the issue here....yours was.

Swimming with sharks is a simple reference that I prefer to play in the big league - I don't waste my time on the bottom feeders or minnnows in the pond. You have a confusion as to what baiting means as well.

TW Staff
01-28-2008, 07:15 AM
I certainly didn't flame or troll anyone in any of my responses to anyone's posts, if you're talking about cyborg et al calling me stupid for daring to say that mcenroe was over rated, I can take that.People are entitled to their opinions.

Couldn't you have just deleted their posts?

The original post was a troll post.......hence the whole thread was deleted. period.

Spencer, TW.

TW Staff
01-29-2008, 05:39 AM
Question answered.....so BeHappy and move on.

Spencer, TW.