PDA

View Full Version : Job at Wilson - sounds like it could be fun

nyc
01-20-2008, 06:02 PM
***Note: I'm not affiliated w/ Wilson or Coroflot at all, just spotted this ad and thought I'd share****

http://www.coroflot.com/public/job_details.asp?job_id=17393

"Wilson Sporting Goods Co. is a global brand generating more than $750 M in sales annually. Wilson's Racquet Sports Division is the number one racquet sports company in the world. Wilson is investing in its R&D resources and looking for qualified individuals to help grow the business. This position will be essential to pushing the "form and function" aspects of our equipment designs to the cutting edge.

o This position reports to the Director of R&D, Racquet Sports.
o Aid senior personnel/management in communicating new product concepts with the company and to Asia based manufacturers.
o Stay current of industry trends through thorough research of competitive product in the industry and external consumer product trends.
o Develop racquet equipment product knowledge to elevate deparmental core competency in design and development capabilities including new materials and finishes.
o Responsible for maintaining product files and other relevant documentation.
o Actively participate in al phases of product development process from idea creation to transfer to manufacturer."

LanEvo
01-20-2008, 06:22 PM
i wonder if u work for wilson, do u get free stuff?

Vermillion
01-20-2008, 06:25 PM
john cauthen should apply

jmverdugo
01-20-2008, 06:28 PM
If i were an american citizen i could get that job ... sight ...

Fee
01-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Can you say 'Roger Federer plays with an nCode' or 'Yes, ATP pros change their sticks every year, that paintjob stuff is just silly rumors on the internet' with a straight face? Go for it.

StealthGnome
01-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Let's get a mole inside.

racquet_jedi
01-20-2008, 09:14 PM
I would love to hear this story about working at Wilson if someone from the board did take this job...

origmarm
01-21-2008, 12:27 AM
john cauthen should apply

Agreed! That would just be a stroke of genius! I can just imagine the press statements now. "For 2009 we are upping our quota of good racquets to 12, the rest will continue to be substandard to further our aim of reducing the enjoyment and quality of your game"....:)