PDA

View Full Version : TW Water bottles - Dishwasher safe?

origmarm
01-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Hi guys,
I tried searching for the info but didn't find it. My other half wants to know if the TW water bottles are dishwasher safe. I just clean them by hand but apparently its not the same and over time you should ditch your water bottles, its a bacteria thing alledgedly :). Personally I think it sounds paranoid but anyhow...what's the verdict please?

TheShaun
01-22-2008, 07:38 AM
are they similar to the nalgene bottles? if so, then you can put them in the dishwasher but keep them away from the heating element.

if something goes wrong, chalk it up to a life experience.

origmarm
01-22-2008, 07:40 AM
I think they are Nalgene yeah but I'm not sure. To be honest I'm more worried about melting plastic all over my dishwasher than I am about the bottle :)

origmarm
01-22-2008, 07:41 AM
By the way, is the new avatar a reflection of the new career choice? :)

TheShaun
01-22-2008, 07:53 AM
haha, the avatar is a reflection for my life long love affair with $$. it comes into my life and leaves so easily. :)

here's a link to the nalgene faq's. they answer the dishwasher question.
http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/technical/faq.html

onehandbh
01-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Also, if the plastic is of type PETE then it leaks into the
water regardless of temp. Check on bottom below
the recycle sign.

Even some of the old nalgene bottle leak into the water
(b/c the are also of type PETE).

Craig Sheppard
01-22-2008, 10:56 AM
I think they are Nalgene yeah but I'm not sure. To be honest I'm more worried about melting plastic all over my dishwasher than I am about the bottle :)

They are not Nalgene. Nalgene bottles are made of Lexan, the TW bottles are not Lexan from what I can tell (I have one)... That being said, I don't know if they are dishwasher safe or not. I assume they are...

origmarm
01-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Now I'm really confused :)

TW??

TW Staff
01-23-2008, 09:47 AM
You can wash them safely in the dishwasher without damaging the bottle or print.

When it comes to plastic leaching, I'm not sure.

Chris, TW