PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger....Found Dead...

Docalex007
01-22-2008, 01:57 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22788914/

He was to play Joker in the upcoming Batman movie. He's a notable actor and was only 28 years old.

Sad news.

Fee
01-22-2008, 02:00 PM
He is going to play the Joker. Apparently, the film is done and will be released in the summer, according to the report I heard on the radio news. I should check that to be sure.

I am just so stunned by this, he was one of my favorite actors.

ilovecarlos
01-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Wow....am stunned.....:shock:

tricky
01-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Very sad news, I really liked the guy and respected him as an actor. Feel bad for his and Michelle William's child.

They apparently found pills next to his bed and there's no sign of foul play.

Fee
01-22-2008, 02:06 PM
According to IMDB, The Dark Knight is now in post-production and due for release in July, so his last complete role is the Joker.

RIP Heath...

Topaz
01-22-2008, 02:12 PM
WHAT?!?

*stunnedandsad*

Fee
01-22-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't know which is worse, the idea that this was accidental or the idea that he was so desperate and so down-trodden that he did this on purpose.

Chace
01-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Very sad news

Docalex007
01-22-2008, 02:15 PM
He is going to play the Joker.

Yeah sorry didn't mean to write it in the past tense as if he wasn't going to be in it anymore.

Very sad. I liked him and thought he was very talented.

Verilious
01-22-2008, 02:18 PM
I honestly have no words...So unexpected and a shame. RIP Heath.

Fee
01-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah sorry didn't mean to write it in the past tense as if he wasn't going to be in it anymore.

Very sad. I liked him and thought he was very talented.

No worries, understandable to make a small booboo like that given the circumstances. I'm just glad there is one more role from him to look forward to. :cry:

angharad
01-22-2008, 02:26 PM
I can't say I'm completely shocked - he's been a well-known coke addict for a few years - but it's still incredibly sad. This is the first celebrity death in awhile that's shaken me up.

chlsmo
01-22-2008, 02:37 PM
*shocking* RIP man. I loved the Patriot.

shwetty[tennis]balls
01-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Ledger was the man!!! It's a tough loss.

ATXtennisaddict
01-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Stop taking drugs you dumbass holywood fools

Frodo Baggins
01-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Are You Sure It's Heath?? Or Is it Brad Renfo?? That Died???:confused: All Can Say Is Wow..Never Took Heath as Suicidel... Wow Or depressed For That Matter!!! Great actor Raised to fame-ended too early..

Mark Vessels
01-22-2008, 02:58 PM
It is sad how life is sometimes, you have ups and downs and unexpected moments. This was a true actor who lived a life. May he rest in piece with-out people bashing him for doing cocaine.

tacoben
01-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Good actor!...RIP. Money and fame doesn't give one happiness.

Fee
01-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Are You Sure It's Heath?? Or Is it Brad Renfo?? That Died???:confused: All Can Say Is Wow..Never Took Heath as Suicidel... Wow Or depressed For That Matter!!! Great actor Raised to fame-ended too early..

Brad Renfro died a few days ago, thanks for the reminder. Chris Bowman, Brad Renfro, Heath Ledger...

iradical18
01-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Man that is a shocker, I heard it on the radio on my way home from the Gym just now, I enjoyed his films quite a bit.

Rickson
01-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Jake Gyllenhaal must be devastated! R.I.P. Heath.

quest01
01-22-2008, 03:55 PM
They say Ledgers death may have been drug related. This may lead me to believe that he committed suicide but nobody will know until autopsy results are revealed.

tennispro11
01-22-2008, 04:08 PM
What a sad day. I enjoyed his movies, especially A Knight's Tale and The Patriot. He was a talented actor and so young, that it makes me sad.

T

SFrazeur
01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
For those interested in Batman relate coverage of Heath "The Joker" Leder check out: http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

-SF

J-man
01-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Totally shocked. I had just read this minutes ago on the Wiki. He wasn't one of my favorites but he wasn't to shabby either. Man it's sad news

CAM178
01-22-2008, 04:15 PM
What a shame, and what a wasted young talent. I can't even imagine how his family and friends must be feeling right now. :(

OrangeOne
01-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Stop taking drugs you dumbass holywood fools

Not well composed and perhaps inappropriately timed, but I have to agree with the sentiment.

The only positive is that hopefully today a few thousand less kids take drugs.

That said, if it comes out that it was suicide, apparently the sadder thing is that suicide rates (or at least attempted) will actually temporarily go up :|

Morrissey
01-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Wow! I heard about it but I was in denial, I didn't take it seriously when I heard it on the street. I thought it was someone else with the same name and then I saw it in the news when I got home. Man, 28. What can one say? He had his whole life ahead of him. It's possible he decided to do himself in and that's such a shame. He was greatly talented and watching the upcoming Batman movie will be with mixed emotions.

Supernatural_Serve
01-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Who knows what happened, but I just don't give a crap about almost all celebrities, especially their mental, drug, or suicide problems, etc.

Shashwat
01-22-2008, 05:00 PM
RIP Heath.

He was a good actor, but i really think this is like the 398743984 wake up call for Hollywood to stop taking drugs.

Morrissey
01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
His last movie. And it will be a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkT1wdRePco

ShooterMcMarco
01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Damn, I was shocked to hear this. I enjoyed a lot of his movies like Knight's Tale, Brother's Grimm and The Patriot. :(

Objective Danny
01-22-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm the only one objective enough to post this:

Ledger never recovered from playing that effeminate role in Brokeback Mountain. The role called for him to kiss, hug and simulate sex with another man. Yes, one can say it's 'only acting' but it's not natural. Heterosexual men don't kiss, hug and simulate sex with other men. The part caused him to question his manhood. I wonder how many times, during a disagreement, did his girlfriend say, "If you were a Real Man"! ! !

He should have NEVER accepted the part. After that role and all the hoopla that followed he was damaged goods. This is the end result.

May he rest in piece.

SFrazeur
01-22-2008, 05:44 PM

Ledger never recovered from playing that effeminate role in Brokeback Mountain. The role called for him to kiss, hug and simulate sex with another man. Yes, one can say it's 'only acting' but it's not natural. Heterosexual men don't kiss, hug and simulate sex with other men. The part caused him to question his manhood. I wonder how many times, during a disagreement, did his girlfriend say, "If you were a Real Man"! ! !

He should have NEVER accepted the part. After that role and all the hoopla that followed he was damaged goods. This is the end result.

May he rest in piece.

I would suggest that you take a Sociology or Psychology class.

-SF

tricky
01-22-2008, 05:45 PM
wow...you are one big idiot

He speaks from experience -- Objective Danny can't quit George Bush.

OrangeOne
01-22-2008, 06:02 PM

May he rest in piece.

Stylish. Using someone's death to get attention for yourself.

Go away.

LarougeNY
01-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Very very sad. he was a very promising talent. Haven't been this shaken up since steve irwin's accident. This is just a very bad twist for hollywood, he was a great guy. looking forward to his last complete work.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
01-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Hollyfood ftw!

bertrevert
01-22-2008, 06:32 PM
The boy from Perth, West Australia, did good. Hail him. He's going to be seen one day as Australia's James Dean.

I know posting on the internet is about as important as graffitti.

However let's make this like the graffitti on Rome's Colloseum: Heath Ledger, legend!

Punisha
01-22-2008, 06:44 PM
who..........?

boojay
01-22-2008, 09:18 PM
I was already looking forward to seeing him portray the Joker in The Dark Knight. I wonder if this event will spur even more people to see this movie simply because it's his last one.

superman1
01-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Cowardly for him to do that when he has a 2 year old daughter. I can't understand it. When I have kids they're going to make every day worth living. But anyway, I think his portrayal of the Joker is going to be excellent. A fine actor.

Phil
01-22-2008, 09:33 PM
I don't know which is worse, the idea that this was accidental or the idea that he was so desperate and so down-trodden that he did this on purpose.
How could it be possibly be "accidental", fee?

Deuce
01-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Whether it was suicide or 'drug-related', it amounts to the same thing.

The only way to prevent such occurrences - in Hollywood as in the general population - is to know your friends and relations well.
And care about them.

Vermillion
01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
I just finished reading "The Knight's Tale" in Caterbury Tales yesterday. I had no idea he played in A Knight's Tale.
R.I.P. Heath Ledger.

Leelord337
01-22-2008, 09:49 PM
That is so sad. I really liked him in "The Patriot."

Chauvalito
01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
That is so sad. I really liked him in "The Patriot."

He was good in the patriot, and a good actor overall. Such a sad loss, i feel sorry for the guy.

he had a daughter as well, which makes it worse.

Fee
01-22-2008, 10:24 PM
How could it be possibly be "accidental", Fee?

Interactions, or not following directions properly.

Oh hey, guess what. There are now reports coming out of New York that Heath was ill, that he wasn't 'surrounded by pills', and there was nothing at the scene to indicate a possible suicide. He was on the floor when police got there because that's where they put him to do CPR to try to revive him.

CanadianChic
01-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I believe I'll be waiting for the official story before I grant judgment one way or the other. He wasn't an outstanding actor by any means, but he had a lot of potential and I enjoyed his movies. I literally cried when River Phoenix died and will not ever do that again. It is a tragedy and I certainly hope not intentional given his daughter. He never seemed to rock the club scene and I thought he had a good head on his shoulders but again, I don't want to speculate until the official report is released.

iradical18
01-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I believe I'll be waiting for the official story before I grant judgment one way or the other. He wasn't an outstanding actor by any means, but he had a lot of potential and I enjoyed his movies. I literally cried when River Phoenix died and will not ever do that again. It is a tragedy and I certainly hope not intentional given his daughter. He never seemed to rock the club scene and I thought he had a good head on his shoulders but again, I don't want to speculate until the official report is released.

I agree, I'll hold off until the official report is released as well.

tbini87
01-22-2008, 10:41 PM
just heard the news. wow. really liked the guy (as far as acting goes). what a bummer. RIP.

Phil
01-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Interactions, or not following directions properly.

Oh hey, guess what. There are now reports coming out of New York that Heath was ill, that he wasn't 'surrounded by pills', and there was nothing at the scene to indicate a possible suicide. He was on the floor when police got there because that's where they put him to do CPR to try to revive him.
Not sure what you mean by "interactions"; someone fed him the pills? Of course the full story isn't out yet, and may never be. But he was an adult and if he had a prescription for the pills, he would have known what to do. Jimi, Janis, Brian, Jim and Kurt were young adults too; and all around the same age.

Fee
01-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah, my mother was an adult and one night she took a new prescription at the wrong time, and in the wrong combination with one of her other pills. Thankfully she only got very ill from it, but it happens. People get sick from taking Nyquil after Thera-flu, it's not completely impossible.

Anyway, this is the video from MSNBC that suggests there is much more to this than meets the eye. I agree with CC, we should wait until all of the info is reported.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22792348#22792348

OrangeOne
01-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Cowardly for him to do that when he has a 2 year old daughter. I can't understand it. When I have kids they're going to make every day worth living.

S1, if it was suicide (and it may not have been, even though it does look to be either that or OD), then it's important to understand that most people who commit suicide do it because they cannot handle the circumstances they're facing. Usually (what they feel is) insurmountable pain, brought on by any number of circumstances.

Most of the time, whether they have kids, 10 million dollars or the girl of their dreams...well it isn't going to change anything.

Some of the time, they may even see suicide as a way to relieve others around them of the burden they feel they present, which isn't necessarily a cowardly way out.

Any which way, if it was indeed suicide (and I acknowledge again that it may not be), then I feel for him just as I feel for anyone in that position, because that amount of pain is simply horrid to deal with, and I feel for his family now, as no-one copes well with such things.

Whether it was suicide or 'drug-related', it amounts to the same thing.

The only way to prevent such occurrences - in Hollywood as in the general population - is to know your friends and relations well.
And care about them.

Great post Deuce, seems you've been confronted by such things way too often given you understand it that well.

Phil
01-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah, my mother was an adult and one night she took a new prescription at the wrong time, and in the wrong combination with one of her other pills. Thankfully she only got very ill from it, but it happens. People get sick from taking Nyquil after Thera-flu, it's not completely impossible.

Anyway, this is the video from MSNBC that suggests there is much more to this than meets the eye. I agree with CC, we should wait until all of the info is reported.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22792348#22792348
I'm not saying accidental death is not possible, and I, like everyone else, don't know. But when someone is found dead, at 28, with "pills or pill bottles stewn about" his body (as Olbermann reported in the link you provided), then suicide is "not ruled out" (as the report also stated). The police and coroner always ask this question under these circumstances.

But whatever the circumstances, he is gone and at such a young age and with more talent than most in his profession, it's a sad occurance.

OrangeOne
01-22-2008, 10:57 PM
ut when someone is found dead, at 28

...and is rather fit, apparently healthy, and a big-hollywood-star... well nothing is ruled out.

28yr olds rarely die of natural causes in western society, especially those with the time and energy to be fit and healthy.

Shabazza
01-23-2008, 05:18 AM

May he rest in piece.

Using someones death to badmouth him and give yourself a kick out of it.
What a pathetic, selfabsorbed excuse of a human being you are. Attention seeking lowlife...

WBF
01-23-2008, 05:30 AM

May he rest in piece.

With George W. Bush as your avatar!

I can't help but wonder if you simply pick what will annoy the most people, and go with it. Regardless, you are an idiot.

CanadianChic
01-23-2008, 05:43 AM

May he rest in piece.

You are not objective nor insightful, although you do very much come across as a bigot. Ledger had filmed four movies and was working on his fifth. Gyllenhaal (the other actor in Brokeback Mountain) has filmed four movies and is currently working on two more. Ledger's performance earned him an Oscar nomination and that movie helped - not hurt - both of their careers.

How do you know what went through his head? How do you know what conversations he has had with his girlfriend? You are intentionally spouting off to get reactions and attention from the members here and I find that sad.

sapient007
01-23-2008, 08:51 AM
check out these religious right wingers

http://i29.tinypic.com/o93lgl.jpg

ilovecarlos
01-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Good find.....how terribly Christian of them....NOT:evil:

angharad
01-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Those are the same idiots who picket some soldiers' funerals. There's a group of people who aim to stop them by picketing in front of the Westboro group, blocking them from the family and friends...I hope that latter group shows up.

WBF
01-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Those are the same idiots who picket some soldiers' funerals. There's a group of people who aim to stop them by picketing in front of the Westboro group, blocking them from the family and friends...I hope that latter group shows up.

I would imagine the funeral will be held in Perth. I would also imagine that the locals would not stand for any of these ridiculous groups picketing.

richw76
01-23-2008, 09:41 AM
I saw a documentary on the westboro church. They are the definition of group think, and cult. All members except 2 or 3 are from the same family.

And not that it matters but Heath Ledger was an actor playing a part. However, even if he was gay, which he wasn't, his family deserves some respect on this day.

If it wasn't disrespectful to the family I would love to start taking pot shots and those guys with a bb gun as soon as they start mouthing off :-)

angharad
01-23-2008, 09:52 AM
I would imagine the funeral will be held in Perth. I would also imagine that the locals would not stand for any of these ridiculous groups picketing.

Those are my thoughts as well, and I hope the funeral is in Perth. As much as the WBC wants to picket, I doubt they'd purchase plane tickets and lodging for the sole purpose of doing so.

SFrazeur
01-23-2008, 10:18 AM
I feel very sorry for the people behind that flyer.

-SF

Rickson
01-23-2008, 10:30 AM
You know what they say: those who oppose homosexuality the most are probably gay themselves.

check the 2 minute mark

this westboro member seems curious ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8cN2pB3MCE)

maverick66
01-23-2008, 10:43 AM
You know what they say: those who oppose homosexuality the most are probably gay themselves.

check the 2 minute mark

this westboro member seems curious ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8cN2pB3MCE)

that was to funny. especially the first part where they were talking about fox news. people need to find something constructive to do with there time instead of standing outside holding signs thatt make them look like idiots.

Fuzzy10sBalls
01-23-2008, 12:01 PM
he should of waited until after he got his massage to die. what a waste of a good massage

Objective Danny
01-23-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm sure you good liberals support the right of WBC to be heard? Like it or not they have a constitution right to spout that rhetoric.

While some of their statements are over the top it's not like they're severing heads, blowing up synagogues or performing clitoridectomies.

Joeyg
01-23-2008, 02:19 PM
I cannot believe what a complete moron Objective Danny is. I am all for free speech, but his comment was too much. I am no longer poking fun at Fedace. Danny is my new muse.

richw76
01-23-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm sure you good liberals support the right of WBC to be heard? Like it or not they have a constitution right to spout that rhetoric.

While some of their statements are over the top it's not like they're severing heads, blowing up synagogues or performing clitoridectomies.

To be heard... NO. To say what they want and not kill them, or take their property, etc... Yes. Just because we have some freedoms of speech doesn't mean there aren't sometimes consequences.

If it were my sons funeral(fictional son-I have no kids) being picketed I may knock one of them in the jaw, and they'd have it coming.

And blowing of heads are also bad, and aren't allowed under the existign criminal code....

Objective Danny
01-23-2008, 03:07 PM
And blowing of heads are also bad, and aren't allowed under the existign criminal code....

The Card Carryin' zealots of the Religion Of Peace aren't overly concerned about criminal codes. A vehement belief in their holy book trump everything.

SFrazeur
01-23-2008, 03:11 PM
While some of their statements are over the top it's not like they're severing heads, blowing up synagogues or performing clitoridectomies. Got to love the "they could be so much worse" argument.

-SF

richw76
01-23-2008, 03:13 PM
The Card Carryin' zealots of the Religion Of Peace aren't overly concerned about criminal codes. A vehement belief in their holy book trump everything.

I don't think you have to be religious to have no desire to kill people. I'm not particularly religious, and I think there are good reasons to go to war. I'm not sure what that has to do with these A$s clowns picketing funerals.

Objective Danny
01-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Cards on the table: I'm sickened by the actions of WBC. However, they make a valid point about Brokeback Mountain.

Fee
01-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Cards on the table: I'm sickened by the actions of WBC. However, they make a valid point about Brokeback Mountain.

Really? What point is that? Did you see Brokeback in a theater or at home?

Objective Danny
01-23-2008, 03:40 PM
I don't watch tripe such as that.

Ledger never recovered his manhood after that role. He Lost Face.

SFrazeur
01-23-2008, 03:42 PM

Really, were you in the room when he was having a physiological analysis?

-SF

Fee
01-23-2008, 03:56 PM

Figures. Thanks for being honest about the fact that you are judging a movie that you have never seen.

Ledger had nothing to recover from after that role. If you had actually seen it, you would know that.

SFrazeur
01-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Figures. Thanks for being honest about the fact that you are judging a movie that you have never seen..

I do give Danny credit, he takes heat.

-SF

richw76
01-23-2008, 04:01 PM

I'll be honest it took me awhile to watch it, and I mainly watched it because my wife wanted to see it. I'm not big on romances, or cowboy movies, so the whole romantic gay cowboy thing didn't have me too excited.

I watched the movie and it was a fine film. It had a very interesting and honest story.

Guess what, after watching it I had no desire to take a friend in the woods for some whoop whoop. same as after seeing Rambo I didn't want to kill anyone..... of course after Top Gun I did want to fly planes.

So if like the WBC people you are this distracted by the film, are you scared you'll want to be a .... pilot?

OrangeOne
01-23-2008, 05:26 PM
I'll be honest it took me awhile to watch it, and I mainly watched it because my wife wanted to see it. I'm not big on romances, or cowboy movies, so the whole romantic gay cowboy thing didn't have me too excited.

I watched the movie and it was a fine film. It had a very interesting and honest story.

Guess what, after watching it I had no desire to take a friend in the woods for some whoop whoop. same as after seeing Rambo I didn't want to kill anyone..... of course after Top Gun I did want to fly planes.

So if like the WBC people you are this distracted by the film, are you scared you'll want to be a .... pilot?

Nice post, rich. Made me laugh :)

PROTENNIS63
01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
He was a great actor. Sad for his loss.

SFrazeur
01-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Tootsie didn't make me want to dress in drag.
The Graduate didn't make me want to take a pass at the neighbor lady.
Blade/Blade II didn't make me want to suck someone's neck for blood.
The Mummy/Mummy Returns didn't make me want to pickup some extra Charmin.
300, what I could stand watching of the boring thing didn't make me want to slip into a loincloth and break out the body oil.
The Die Hard series didn't make me want to say yippie ka yeah mother****er while shooting/blowing up/maiming someone.

Now a tennis movie would make me want to play tennis, but that is because it interests me, it is only sparking my interests. If someone sees Brokeback mountain and then wants to become gay well then...I'm secure in my sexuality to see it, cannot speak for others but for myself It wouldn't be temptation by any means.

-SF

Hot Sauce
01-23-2008, 07:53 PM

You're losing face right now.

Teh_pwnerer
01-23-2008, 08:22 PM
well i dont care if someone thinks im gay coz i kissed a guy when im beeing payed millions for doing it, and so is the other guy, neither of them is doing it for pleasure, besides he was married..

SFrazeur
01-24-2008, 06:54 PM
The WB has added a memorial to the "The Dark Knight" website:http://thedarkknight.warnerbros.com/ (Click the Batlogo)

-SF

Lakoste
01-24-2008, 07:02 PM
It is always sad when someone dies so young, regardless of how they died. Puts life in perspective...

Morrissey
01-24-2008, 08:45 PM
http://www.canmag.com/images/front/batman/darkknightposter1.jpg Seeing the movie is going to be somewhat eerie.

Tshooter
01-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Me thinks Objective Danny is soon to be discovered tapping his toe in the men's stall.

CanadianChic
01-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Seeing the movie is going to be somewhat eerie.

It's too soon for me to feel comfortable watching him on the big screen, especially given this is his last completed movie.

Frodo Baggins
01-24-2008, 11:18 PM
The Dark knight Wasn't Heaths verrry Last movie!!!>He Made Another After Dark knight wrapped...Called I'm Not There<Thats his veryy Last Film That He Never Completed:shock:Truth Kind Of Errie The Title is..Its as Heath knew The film I'm not there is Gonna be his Last..Errie To me:shock:Eeek..

CanadianChic
01-24-2008, 11:19 PM
^^^ Not sure if this was in response to my post, but if so, please reread my post. I clearly stated "his last completed movie".

Frodo Baggins
01-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Yess I Know You Meant The Darkknight As his Completed Movie!!!.. But The Film WhichI'm Not There Is His Srry To Say Is His Last Film....Which I'm Gonna Get.. on Dvd.. If ever They Figure out What to do With it An His Incomplete Charcter..

Fee
01-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Frodo, you have your films mixed up. "I'm not there" is already out, Cate Blanchett was nominated for an Oscar for it. It was filmed earlier this year.

"The Dark Knight" just wrapped up filming, Ledger finished his parts in November (there is a NY Times article about this, he was interviewed in London). This is his last completed film and it will be released in July.

He was actually in the middle of filming another movie for Terry Gilliam when he died (the name escapes me) and that movie might have to be reshot with another actor.

infonicrormam
01-28-2008, 02:16 AM
God Bless Heath Ledger who past away recently in NY! Was an outstanding actor!
I wash shocked to hear this news!! Does any one knows whom I am talking about?
<a href=angel2008.googlehlp.com//>Angel2008</a>
i was crying a hole day

BreakPoint
01-28-2008, 02:33 AM
This happened like 5 or 6 days ago.

Moz
01-28-2008, 02:37 AM
God Bless Heath Ledger who past away recently in NY! Was an outstanding actor!
I wash shocked to hear this news!! Does any one knows whom I am talking about?
<a href=angel2008.googlehlp.com//>Angel2008</a>
i was crying a hole day

Sad news indeed.

Apparently he left this world with 2 last wishes:

1) That people would post in the correct section.
2) That people would experiment with the search function.

:):twisted::)

WChiang
01-28-2008, 07:08 AM

What Objective Danny's avatar SHOULD be...:)

http://www.marry-an-ugly-millionaire-online-dating-agency.com/images/ugly-man-boys-stupid-looking.jpg

Dedans Penthouse
01-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Pills Bury Dumb Boy

in his 20's and already dead. good actor--tragic waste of talent.

ilovecarlos
01-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Frodo, you have your films mixed up. "I'm not there" is already out, Cate Blanchett was nominated for an Oscar for it. It was filmed earlier this year.

"The Dark Knight" just wrapped up filming, Ledger finished his parts in November (there is a NY Times article about this, he was interviewed in London). This is his last completed film and it will be released in July.

He was actually in the middle of filming another movie for Terry Gilliam when he died (the name escapes me) and that movie might have to be reshot with another actor.

Believe it is called The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus?????

J-man
01-28-2008, 11:37 AM

He was actually in the middle of filming another movie for Terry Gilliam when he died (the name escapes me) and that movie might have to be reshot with another actor.The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus was the movie

Fee
01-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks, that's the one.

heycal
01-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Haven't obsessively followed this event so maybe I missed it, but has no one commented on the fact that he was found dead MERE HOURS after the academy award nominations were announced and he was not nominated, while his co-star in "I'm Not There" was? I'm not really suggesting he took a bunch of pills because he wasn't nominated for an Oscar, but I do find the coincidental timing of it all a tad interesting, and at least worthy of idle tabloid chatter.

Objective Danny
01-30-2008, 12:37 AM
An opportunist has taken advantage of the death of the 'star' of Brokeback Mountain:

An impostor who pretended to be Heath Ledger’s grieving father was consoled by Tom Cruise in a telephone call, and almost persuaded John Travolta to buy him a plane ticket to the United States, it was reported today.

The scammer also tricked staff at the New York funeral home where Ledger’s body was being held into booking rooms at the nearby luxury Carlyle Hotel, police sources said.

And the man, who claimed to be Kim Ledger, even got the Frank E. Campbell funeral home to send freebies to the hotel “when nobody was there”, a source said.

How low can you go? (http://www.showbizspy.com/2008/01/29/impostor-pretending-to-be-heath-ledgers-father-was-consoled-by-tom-cruise/)

CanadianChic
01-30-2008, 06:36 AM
How low can you go?[/URL]

Apparently pretty low as this pathetic waste of a man proved. :(

Tempest344
01-30-2008, 03:11 PM
An opportunist has taken advantage of the death of the 'star' of Brokeback Mountain:

How low can you go? (http://www.showbizspy.com/2008/01/29/impostor-pretending-to-be-heath-ledgers-father-was-consoled-by-tom-cruise/)

that is pretty low....he must have too much time on his hands it would seem

the only positive I can see is that Tom Cruise got tricked

Frodo Baggins
01-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Fee & cc>tidbit>From What I Hear ..>there Gonna Finish Filming Doctor Parnassus..There Gonna Make Heath's chracter Morph into diffrent Chracters..So Yess >Doctor Parnassus is His LAST Film!!! Dark knight Is His Last Completed Film!!! I read Fine An Understand Fine Thank you!!

heycal
02-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Frodo - regarding your signature: when and why did Robredo replace Davide What's-his-face in your affections?

Frodo Baggins
02-01-2008, 12:10 PM
ok HeyCal:When Went To Montreal Rogers Last summer 2007, Davide Sanguinetti Wasn't there.. Long story short>Went to Practice Courts One day was gonna watch ferrero practice But He Wasn't There So Me An My niece Went One Court over An Watched Tommy Robredo An Some Others Practice..Anyways Tommy Coach Acknowledge Me An My Niece While There.. <An Thats How Tommy Took over Davides Sanguinetti's Place..;) Wouldn't mind being Tommys Girlfriend For real.. ;)

heycal
02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Tommy Robredo happens to be the one pro player I have ever met and had a real conversation with, and he was very nice. If I happen to meet him again, I will give him your best.

Fee
02-06-2008, 10:28 AM
http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=d6421ca8-f20a-4ebc-96f8-7367d582c516&entry=index&sid=rss_topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Ledger died of a fatal combination/reaction of prescription drugs. It's classified as an accidental overdose, but it was the combination that hurt him, not the amount of the drugs.

SFrazeur
02-06-2008, 10:35 AM
That is what I was expecting. Sadly this happens to many people each year. Hopefully this will bring awareness to people to be careful.

-SF

heycal
02-06-2008, 11:34 AM
http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=d6421ca8-f20a-4ebc-96f8-7367d582c516&entry=index&sid=rss_topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Ledger died of a fatal combination/reaction of prescription drugs. It's classified as an accidental overdose, but it was the combination that hurt him, not the amount of the drugs.

Until I hear for sure otherwise, I would guess it's the combination PLUS the amount that killed him. The ME's office used the word "Abuse of prescription meds". The family's statement on the specifics are of less value in determining the truth.

I'm no drug expert, but I'm guessing it would take more than one pill each of these six different drugs to kill someone.

ollinger
02-06-2008, 01:40 PM
People commonly take dozens of those particular pills as an overdose and survive. It's likely he took a very large number, particularly as he was only 28 and apparently in good health.

richw76
02-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Until I hear for sure otherwise, I would guess it's the combination PLUS the amount that killed him. The ME's office used the word "Abuse of prescription meds". The family's statement on the specifics are of less value in determining the truth.

I'm no drug expert, but I'm guessing it would take more than one pill each of these six different drugs to kill someone.

And I think you're wrong I've heard that mixing certain MAOs' require very small amounts to become toxic, I'm no pharmacist but thousands of people die of things like this every year in hospitals, that's why pharmacies and hospitals spend millions a year for software to keep track of things like that.

Either way I could imagine he was partying some, went home and wanted to get some sleep, and popped one or two pills. It's sad but it happens all the time.

ollinger
02-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Uhhh, where is there a MAOI on the list of pills found in him? And no, it's virtually impossible to kill yoursef with one of two pills, certainly not the ones he's reported to have had.

Fee
02-06-2008, 03:00 PM
This report is more detailed:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/06/heath.ledger/index.html?section=cnn_latest

heycal
02-06-2008, 03:28 PM
That CNN report doesn't shed much more light on it. Here's what the ME's office said in that piece:

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine," the office said in a short statement. "We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."

That statement, plus common sense, tells you he probably took more than one pill of each drug if he wound up dead at age 28...