PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Enduro Tour

RickN
02-20-2004, 09:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone could offer any feedback on the Wilson Enduro Tour string. There aren't any customer reviews/feedback on TW. Any ideas if it will be similar to Touch Turbo, ALU Power, or Gosen Polylon Comfort? It's up there in price, close to the ALU Power.

Thanks.

eric draven
02-21-2004, 05:11 AM
I'm not sure if it lives up to the hype. One of the engineers who helped develop it gave me a set to try boasting that it was as "forgiving as a basic nylon synthetic." I strung up a Wilson Tour 90 at 63lbs with Enduro in the mains and Wilson NXT (as recommended) in the cross. Personally, I didn't feel that it was a particularly forgiving blend. I didn't play with it very long because my shoulder started to hurt. Here are some caveats about my experience: I do not normally use the Tour 90; My regular racquet is the Fischer Pro One FT strung with 18g Poly in the mains and Gamma TNT 2 in the crosses at 63lbs. The blend I used was 16g Enduro mains and 17g Wilson NXT crosses at 63lbs. Take it for what it's worth but my experience isn't probably the best to judge by.

wally
02-21-2004, 06:08 AM
I just strung up the 18g version of this string in my ROK at 55lbs. Not the most friendly stuff to string, very stiff, tough to work too far ahead when weaving crosses, but not as bad as LUX ALU. I'll post back in a day or two after I've had a chance to hit with it.

wahiawaboi668
02-22-2004, 09:42 PM
I am using the 17g enduro in my ROK at 58# and thought it felt better than the one I strung at 55#. It played similar to ALU Power with a few differences.