PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else clean your dogs paws like me?

Fuzzy10sBalls
01-23-2008, 12:44 PM
hi

i walk my dog often, using an electric collar, so she can run after squirrels and things.

her paws get really dirty, even after a quick walk.

when we come in i have her lay down right away, i then spray one paw at a time with a spray bottle of water and some vinegar. i then wipe the paw clean with a towel, and then scrape under the nail. i then do the other paws. after the towel is so filled with dirt its nasty!

im thinking there are many out there that dont do this and that dirt gets into their home.

does anyone else do this? just wiping with a dry towel and not using water wont get 1/4th the dirt as with water.

someone?

Tempest344
01-23-2008, 01:49 PM
yes i do

but my dog loves to get dirty on walks so my cleaning operation is quite extensive

hyogen
01-23-2008, 01:54 PM
we use handiwipes (moist towelettes) - for all her paws, and then use the back side to wipe off her wee wee and **** -_-

We have a jack russell terrier pup...about 3 months old. ;)

Supernatural_Serve
01-23-2008, 02:21 PM
dogs are generally good at cleaning their own feet, genitals, and an*s.

But occasionally, on a muddy day, I'll place my dog in 2 in. of water in the tub and clean her feet.

The bigger concern I would have about letting your dog off her leash is the dog (especially a young dog) putting something in their mouth that doesn't belong there like some sick animals turds, toxic crap, etc.

Fuzzy10sBalls
01-23-2008, 04:45 PM
dogs are generally good at cleaning their own feet, genitals, and an*s.

But occasionally, on a muddy day, I'll place my dog in 2 in. of water in the tub and clean her feet.

The bigger concern I would have about letting your dog off her leash is the dog (especially a young dog) putting something in their mouth that doesn't belong there like some sick animals turds, toxic crap, etc.

i agree 100%, so i have to stay alert. my dog is 5yrs old, but still can eat bad things

Fuzzy10sBalls
01-23-2008, 04:46 PM
yes i do

but my dog loves to get dirty on walks so my cleaning operation is quite extensive

do tell, how extensive?

Mark Vessels
01-23-2008, 04:52 PM
what a caring dog owner

Tempest344
01-23-2008, 05:53 PM
do tell, how extensive?

well I sometimes have to wash him to get the muck off him
because he usually jumps into creeks and gets muddy
crazy beagle lol

other times it is just getting the towel
and cleaning his paws, chest and legs
if he is just wet

Shahar26
01-23-2008, 07:16 PM
What a weirdo.....

Then again I live in New York City.......